Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/2/19

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/2/19

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-19, 08:39 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

<iframe width="706" height="397" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Raa_3mohaTs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The highly-anticipated supernatural horror series NOS4A2 will premiere on Sunday, June 2 at 10:00pm ET/9: 00pm CT. In addition, subscribers to AMC Premiere, AMC's premium upgrade option, will have an opportunity to binge the entire season of 10 episodes beginning Sunday, June 2.

Based on Joe Hill's 2013 best-selling novel of the same name, NOS4A2 follows Vic McQueen, played by Ashleigh Cummings (The Goldfinch), a gifted young woman who discovers she has a supernatural ability to find lost things. This ability puts her on a collision course with the evil and immortal Charlie Manx, played by Emmy(R)-nominee Zachary Quinto (Star Trek, American Horror Story). Manx is a supernatural villain who feeds off the souls of children then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland - a twisted place of Manx's imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims - without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Ashleigh Cummings as Vic McQueen
· Ashley Romans as Tabitha Hutter
· Darby Camp as Haley Smith
· Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Chris McQueen
· Jahkara Smith as Maggie Leigh
· Karen Pittman as Angela Brewster
· Olafur Darri Olafsson as Bing Partridge
· Rarmian Newton as Drew
· Virginia Kull as Linda McQueen
· Zachary Quinto as Charlie Manx

CREW INFORMATION:
· Jami O'Brien as CRTR/EP
· Joe Hill as BOOK/EP
· Kari Skogland as DIR (Pilot)
· Lauren Corrao as EP
Old 06-02-19, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/

Is this an ongoing series or a limited series?
Old 06-02-19, 09:13 AM

Re: NOS4A2 (AMC) -- based on the book by Joe Hill -- S: Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto -- premieres 6/

It is not a limited series.
Old 06-03-19, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Meh. It was ok. I’ll give it another episode or two.
Old 06-03-19, 02:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

OK, it's official.....I'm old. I had to watch the Trailer above to figure out the show name. I was thinking "New Old Stock..... Four???"
Old 06-03-19, 03:24 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

I haven’t read any Joe Hill novels, but love his comics. This appears to be either connected to or based on Wraith: Welcome to Christmasland, which was excellent.
Old 06-03-19, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by rduncan
OK, it's official.....I'm old. I had to watch the Trailer above to figure out the show name. I was thinking "New Old Stock..... Four???"
I didn't know what it meant before Googling it. But once you learn, it's so obvious.
Old 06-03-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I haven’t read any Joe Hill novels, but love his comics. This appears to be either connected to or based on Wraith: Welcome to Christmasland, which was excellent.
His books have loose connections, just like King’s does. They are also connecting their own worlds to each other’s in little Easter egg ways. If you pause the first episode when Manx looks at the map you’ll see it, and afaik it was identical to the book. The Treehouse of the Mind is from Horns, and of course there was the Lovecraft Portkey on it, referencing Locke & Key. I think the map also references Heart-Shaped Box (it does in the book, at least) but I can’t remember the specifics of that. Been too long.
Old 06-04-19, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't remember much of the book other than I liked it. I liked the first episode here as well. I'm in for the season.
Old 06-05-19, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

This was a solid beginning even if the premise didn't immediately grab me. Pretty clearly a show driven by female protagonists, which all too often leads down very predictable paths. I'll stick around for the moment.
Old 06-05-19, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

This is a Vampire show?

Another one.
Old 06-05-19, 08:33 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

energy vampire. like the bald guy on What We Do In the Shadows
Old 06-05-19, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Ah ok.

I recorded the first ep. That might be more interesting then a standard vampire.
Old 06-05-19, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

I can't believe people are not getting this?
NOS4A2
[NOS] + [FUH] + [RAA] + [TOO]
Spoiler:
Nosferatu

Watched the first episode. It didn't "grab" me yet. I'll finish it for sure. But I just reserved the audiobook from the library and I think I'll hack through that before continuing.
Old 06-05-19, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finished all 10 episodes and I think this would have worked better as a limited series instead of dragging it on. I read the book and loved it but the show dosent have that same tight creepy feel it did. the cast were good picks and Quinto was my favorite part of the show.
Old 06-06-19, 11:26 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I can't believe people are not getting this?
NOS4A2
[NOS] + [FUH] + [RAA] + [TOO]
Spoiler:
Nosferatu

Watched the first episode. It didn't "grab" me yet. I'll finish it for sure. But I just reserved the audiobook from the library and I think I'll hack through that before continuing.
who isn't getting that?
Old 06-12-19, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Quinto is great at playing someone evil. The female lead is written like a male character.
Old 06-12-19, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

AMC is pissing me off. I missed the premiere, it appears Ep 1 wont repeat for the next X weeks that my DVR can see, I got ep 2 and onward but the On-demand version of Episode 1 is gone now from Comcast. No way I am paying for Shudder.... Way to alienate viewers from a new series. I enjoyed the book too but I'm not paying to watch this show when I have no idea if its good or not. [/rant]
Old 06-12-19, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb
AMC is pissing me off. I missed the premiere, it appears Ep 1 wont repeat for the next X weeks that my DVR can see, I got ep 2 and onward but the On-demand version of Episode 1 is gone now from Comcast. No way I am paying for Shudder.... Way to alienate viewers from a new series. I enjoyed the book too but I'm not paying to watch this show when I have no idea if its good or not. [/rant]
https://www.amc.com/shows/nos4a2/ful...he-shorter-way
Old 06-13-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It's soooooooo slow though....
Old 06-13-19, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

I could do with a lot less of the domestic situation, which is fairly repetitive.
Old 06-13-19, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I could do with a lot less of the domestic situation, which is fairly repetitive.
I've already started hitting the 30-second skip button whenever mom or dad appear on screen. Not too promising given that it's only the second episode.
Old 06-18-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I really expected to like this & subscribed to AMC Premiere just to binge. But I just stated Ep 5 & don't think I can make it much further. I remember liking the book somewhat, but the show is just so.....dull. If feels like the story could have been contained in a one hour anthology but they've stretched it out to 10 hrs or something. I think I'm out for this show & for AMC Premiere (which is surprisingly lame for a paid service).
Old 07-20-19, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Renewed for a 2nd season: https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/07/no...on-by-amc.html

The entire season will be on Shudder in August

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/357...inning-august/
Old 07-21-19, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gave it a try...watched a few episodes.
Dumped it.
The lead actress has ZERO charisma.
I couldn't care less what happened to her and her's.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.