Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Which was Arrow's worst season?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-19, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Which was Arrow's worst season?

Yes I know the show is not over yet, but with season 8 being a 10 episode lame duck season I think it's easy to consider it done. Overall I would rate the seasons like this:

Season 1: Pretty strong overall. It felt like Green Batman but did it's own thing and told a pretty decent story. I re watched it recently and think that it still holds up pretty well. 3.5/5

Season 2: Very strong season. The introduction of Manu Bennet as Deathstroke, the introduction of Sara, and a good finale made this a great season. 4.5/5

Season 3: Not very good. I did not like the League of Assasins addition, Ras Al Ghul was badly cast, the storyline of Thea training with Malcolm and become a bad ass did not feel natural. Just a very boring and uneventful year. 2/5

Season 4: The entire season was pointless. Trying to make Oliver into a hero, the killing of Laurel, adding a supernatural foe. Everything about it just felt off. 1/5

Season 5: Definitely one of the stronger seasons of the show. Season 5 managed to have some good suspense, a good villain, a personal stake for Oliver and some surprises along the way. It felt like a return to form. 4/5

Season 6: And then it struggled again. Season six was just uneventful and boring. The switching of bad guys was not well done Diaz as a villain overstayed his welcome, Dinah going rogue was just bleh. 2/5.

Season 7: Yeah, I would say this for me was the worst by far. I hated Oliver being in prison for a quarter of the season, hated the flash forwards, and honestly I disliked it so much I did not even finish it. 1/5.
Old 05-17-19, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Which was Arrow's worst season?

I dropped the show shortly after Season 4. The nuking of an entire town with no follow up consequences and ending the season with a street brawl really annoyed me.
Old 05-17-19, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by DaveCole
I dropped the show shortly after Season 4. The nuking of an entire town with no follow up consequences and ending the season with a street brawl really annoyed me.
I wish I had been that smart. But no, I came back hoping against hope they would right the ship. This season totally lost me.
Old 05-17-19, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I miss Ragman.

Vastly overpowered TA member who was more powerful than then whole team combined. Probably why they got rid of him so quickly.
Old 05-17-19, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,018 Likes on 629 Posts

Which was the season where Felicity was crippled and bitter and made some miracle chip that let her walk again and then she broke up with Oliver? That season.
Old 05-17-19, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Season 4 was by far the worst. Season 7 was pretty bad too.

Seasons 1-2 were by far the best.
Old 05-17-19, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

To "preserve" any remaining good memories I had for this show, as far as I'm concerned seasons 4 and beyond are an "alternate universe" to me.
Old 05-17-19, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I'll say season four was the worst, only because the show still had the original primary characters that had made the show during its better seasons. It was the culmination of turning Arrow into the Olicity hour. Season five is the exception that sticks out in the latter years, as the season-long villain and arc brought back memories of Deathstroke's heyday.

Arrow's producers made some odd decisions over the years regarding casting. They got rid of Caity Lotz after an incredible season two, which killed a lot of their momentum. They realized their mistake and brought her back for Legends, but her place on Arrow was gone. They killed off Laurel earlier than expected, only to bring two different iterations of Black Canary back to fill the gap.

Once Roy was cut from the show, Thea became more and more useless as a character. Trying to turn Thea into some kind of dark ninja assassin was a dumb idea.
Old 05-18-19, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whichever season (4?) had Damien Dahrk. Great villain, just not a great villain for the Green Arrow.
Old 05-18-19, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stingo
Whichever season (4?) had Damien Dahrk. Great villain, just not a great villain for the Green Arrow.
Still don't know why Constantine wouldn't take on Dahrk.
Old 05-18-19, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Season 7 for me by far - the time waster prison run, too many (spin-off or maybe spin-off) characters, and even the action was uninspired. I tuned out of many episodes.
Old 05-19-19, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
I miss Ragman.

Vastly overpowered TA member who was more powerful than then whole team combined. Probably why they got rid of him so quickly.
He could take bullets and bombs without damage (the NUKE appeared to be his limit) I wondered why they didn't just have him take care of things since he was too overpowered for this team.
Old 05-19-19, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I can’t say as I dropped it after season 3. I may have watched 1-2 episodes of season 4, but quickly bailed. Everything felt forced and cliche. I dropped Flash and LoT as well. I actually stuck with Legends longer, but before some of the big cast changes (maybe season 3?). I definitely dropped Flash due to Iris and Barry - totally unbelievable relationship and the two have zero chemistry.
Old 05-19-19, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
He could take bullets and bombs without damage (the NUKE appeared to be his limit) I wondered why they didn't just have him take care of things since he was too overpowered for this team.
A nuke that Felicity dropped on him (but he seemed to be OK with it).
Old 05-19-19, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingo
Darhk was better on Legends.
Old 05-19-19, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Darhk was better on Legends.
Now Norah is a hero. Why? Because there are no irredeemable female villains on CW/DC.
Old 05-19-19, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Eric F
Now Norah is a hero. Why? Because there are no irredeemable female villains on CW/DC.
Everyone knows women are fundamentally good, right? They can't possibly be evil. At least that is what Hollywood tells me. If they say it, it must be true.
Old 05-20-19, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Season 6 was my least favorite, mostly because Diaz was a shit villain.
I guess if I had to rank them I’d go:
This may change if I did a binge, but this ranking is from having watched them all once, as they aired (well, accounting for dvr allowing for delays of a day or two).
Old 05-20-19, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Season 2
Old 05-20-19, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Everyone knows women are fundamentally good, right? They can't possibly be evil. At least that is what Hollywood tells me. If they say it, it must be true.
Nah. There are plenty of irredeemable female villains in movies/TV (Wicked Witch, Disney villains, etc), it seems to be a unique occurrence in Berlanti's shows that all women are inherently good (Emiko for example).

Didn't y'all know that Diaz learned his ninja-ways on the streets?

Last edited by Eric F; 05-20-19 at 11:03 AM.