Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fleabag (Amazon) -- created by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-20, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,019 Likes on 629 Posts
Re: Fleabag (Amazon) -- created by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge

I just binged both seasons of this over the last few days. Damn, this was so good. Most episodes had me laughing out loud. I'm very disappointed to learn there won't be a season 3.

At first I thought her little comments and glances to the camera would get old, but they didn't--she was so good at it and it kind of draws you into the show. I'd love to see some outtakes from this.
Old 06-23-20, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I think my favorite thing about the glances was how the priest was the only one to catch them, and it turned into its own running joke with him. Great show. Who knows maybe in 4 years she will change her mind and do a third season...
Old 04-11-21, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Watching the first season right now. While I do find it amusing, I don't think it's anything too outside of the box or groundbreaking. Just a bunch of run of the mill sex jokes that sound a bit more classy due to it being in London. Definitely better than "Girls" (something somewhat similar in nature, at least to me) , and Bridges is way more likable than Lena Dunham. But I cannot fathom what about this show made a bunch of people decide that she should be heavily involved in stuff like James Bond or Indiana Jones. I personally couldn't stand the robot she played in "Solo", didn't really care for most of the movie in all honesty.
Old 04-13-21, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
But I cannot fathom what about this show made a bunch of people decide that she should be heavily involved in stuff like James Bond or Indiana Jones.
Not this show. She wrote, produced and ran the first season of Killing Eve, which I could easily see being near the Bond universe.

And, as far as Killing Eve goes, Waller-Bridge leaving is the main reason fans give for the "subpar" season 2. I agree that season 1 just has a little something extra the second season lacks.
Old 04-16-21, 04:31 PM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Agreed!

She is a brilliant writer and if you ever see her in person, very quick witted.

More credit should be given to those who actually have a brain in their head and can come up with sharp one liners off the cuff like she can do. She's very sharp.
Old 06-04-21, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 356 Likes on 230 Posts

I just watched both seasons in 2 days. It took a couple episodes to hook me, but I thought it was a notably fantastic show. And perfect as is--no need for a third season. I love shows that have a clear ending, and Fleabag
Spoiler:
turning away the cameras so she could go live her life without audience approval was a brilliant way of showing her character growth. It would be pretty hard to come back with a third season since the point was she was ready to move on without us.