Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Missing Pieces" -- 5/10/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Missing Pieces" -- 5/10/19

Old 05-10-19, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

SEASON 6 PREMIERE

A NEW ENEMY EMERGES ON THE SHOCKING SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.,' FRIDAY, MAY 10

The Episode Was Directed by Clark Gregg

"Missing Pieces" - Scattered across the galaxy, the team works to find their footing in the wake of losing Coulson in the spectacular Season 6 premiere of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," FRIDAY, MAY 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT, on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckle, and Jeff Ward.

Guest starring is Maximilian Osinski, Briana Venskus, Joel Stoffer, Barry Shabaka Henley, Lucas Bryant, Winston James Francis, Matt O'Leary, Brooke Williams, Glenn Keogh and Levi Meaden.

"Missing Pieces" was written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen and directed by Clark Gregg.

13 episode 6th season. The 7th season also 13 episodes is currently filming and will most likely air in 2020.

Clark Gregg said in a recent TV interview that season 7 will be the last one. Gregg is apparently playing an unknown new character.

If you're behind, past seasons are still on Netflix, but could move to Disney + in the future.

Old 05-10-19, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Missing Pieces" -- 5/10/19

Looking forward to this. Wonder if the events from Endgame will get addressed
Old 05-10-19, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S6E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Missing Pieces" -- 5/10/19

Coulson finally made it to (real) Tahiti, I wonder where else they can take the show?

It was nice that Thor mentioned him in Endgame, you’d think that would be a fitting end.
Old 05-10-19, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by alfredog1976 View Post
Looking forward to this. Wonder if the events from Endgame will get addressed
Supposedly not, according to recent interviews Jeph Loeb and Jed Whedon. It's going to be weird, but apparently the entirety of at least season 6 will take place before Infinity War.

Last edited by ultimaton; 05-10-19 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-10-19, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ultimaton View Post
Supposedly not, according to recent interviews Jeph Loeb and Jed Whedon. It's going to be weird, but apparently the entirety of at least season 6 will take place before Infinity War.
Ah thanks. Here's snippet of that interview for those who want more background:

“Part of it had to do with the question of when we’d air, truthfully,” explained executive producer Jed Whedon. “We had talked about summer, but there was always a chance that we’d get moved up to the beginning of the year. With the amount of characters and money and machine in place with [Avengers Endgame], we had to dodge it completely.”

“So, imagine if we had incorporated it, and then, at the last minute, the network was like, ‘You know what? We’d love to have this on in January,’” continued Whedon. “And then, all of a sudden, we’d spoil something. So, we made the decision to just be pre-snap, tell our story, and carry it forward. Hopefully, it will be satisfying and, in no way, a thing that bothers you about the show. We have our logic, but we don’t spend any time explaining it because we just wanted people to enjoy our story.”
“It was a challenge, and we talked a lot about it,” added executive producer Jeff Bell. “If we came in and said it was five or six years later, there were just too many questions. There were too many words that we were not allowed to say, if that makes sense. So, that’s the decision that was made because we didn’t know [when we’d air]… So, the easiest way to not have to incorporate or dodge questions about that was for us to just make the decision that this season happens pre-snap.”
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/447...BcOWCmZo7TDSrg
Old 05-11-19, 06:55 AM

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 6 - $2.99

Amazon Amazon

This is obviously a misprice, so grab it quick!
Old 05-12-19, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Regarding the premier - felt like too many things going on at once.
Old 05-12-19, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Felt the opposite - really liked how they set-up all of the ongoing plot lines for the season at once esp for a shorter season. It’ll allow the plot lines to be paced out vs having them be setup/resolved too quickly.
Old 05-12-19, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Actually, I liked the fact that weren't locked into one story or location for the long haul, as has been the case for the last two seasons.
Old 05-14-19, 07:45 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.

I, for one, am bothered at how disconnected this show is from the MCU. When the show started the hydra reveal which was planned in connection with Winter Soldier was terrific. Now they're ignoring everything else Marvel because they couldn't coordinate timing? The show is good on its own, but was much better when it felt part of the larger picture. It doesn't feel that way now.
Old 05-14-19, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't imagine them working in the Infinity "snap", with half the cast being gone for 5 years.
It would be a completely different show - they would've had to plan on that well in advance, and I doubt they were in on the plot/story details of Endgame enough for them to do so.
Old 05-14-19, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Bandoman View Post
I, for one, am bothered at how disconnected this show is from the MCU. When the show started the hydra reveal which was planned in connection with Winter Soldier was terrific. Now they're ignoring everything else Marvel because they couldn't coordinate timing? The show is good on its own, but was much better when it felt part of the larger picture. It doesn't feel that way now.
As one of the three people in the world who can't stand Marvel movies (and absolutely despised the first Avengers movie, despite being a Joss Whedon fan), I actually enjoy that S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't play into the continuity of the movies' universe. I remember being totally confused when the whole Hydra/Winter Soldier thing happened.

I enjoy the show though, because it's must more...grounded...than the films are.

ETA: I had trouble getting into this episode too though. I think with it being the end of the season for many of the shows I watch, plus being heavily invested in a couple of shorter series (Killing Eve, Fosse/Verdon) right now, I don't have the motivation to begin a new narrative. If I had enough room on my DVR (I don't), I'd just save it up for a summer watch. Watching shows just to keep my DVR from maxing out is never a good reason.
Old 05-14-19, 01:39 PM

I guess they're officially not following the MCU now since they chose not to do the jump after name-dropping Thanos last season. Just had to start the season 5 years later instead of 1 year later. Let a few characters have flashback scenes while others have catch-up scenes. Fitz would have waited in cryo for 5 years. They had no deadline dependent plot-lines going afaik.
Old 05-14-19, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm confused. Is Mac in charge of Shield or is Fury?
Old 05-14-19, 06:31 PM

It's Mack. Apparently SHIELD is sanctioned again, as they're allowed to drive around in their own vehicles like a sanctioned law enforcement agency. May as well bring back Fury and Hill then if that's the case.

Maybe we'll find out that they did snap and most of the series (say season 2 onwards) is some divergent time line from the avengers taking/returning infinity stones.