Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Flash (S5E21) -- "The Girl With The Red Lightning" -- 5/7/19

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-07-19, 07:14 AM

THE FLASH

"The Girl With The Red Lightning" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

CICADA II MAKES HER MOVE - Team Flash is on high alert after Cicada II (guest star Sarah Carter) threatens to unleash a dangerous virus that would put all meta-humans at risk. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Judalina Neira & Thomas Pound (#521). Original airdate 5/7/2019.
21 of 22
Old 05-08-19, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The Flash (S5E21) -- "The Girl With The Red Lightning" -- 5/7/19

That was good. Sarah Carter should have been the villain all season.

So will team Flash fail and essentially unleash Reverse Flash for season 6? Could be interesting. I'd be down for more RF as the big bad.
Old 05-08-19, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sure does seem like it's setting up RF for next season. Honestly would be nice if that was the case and then they announce that S6 is the last, but I doubt they'll do that.

XS acting like a 12 year old all season but suddenly wants everyone to treat her like an adult was funnier than I think the writers intended it to be.
Old 05-08-19, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So Cicada 2.0 has built a machine that will kill Metas. Meanwhile, CCPD makes an announcement about this, but that they have a cure for you if you come in. I didn’t get why Nora had to use a telepathy device that’s dangerous to her just to locate Cicada when it should have been obvious to literally anyone that CCPD was about to become the prime target.
Old 05-08-19, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

"Hold on to your butts."

One of my favorite quotes. Loved Cisco dropping it before lighting up XS's dome/shield thingy.

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo View Post
it should have been obvious to literally anyone that CCPD was about to become the prime target.
yeah, they even brought that up early on when they mentioned where to dispense the cure. I thought that was odd too.
Old 05-08-19, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Sure does seem like it's setting up RF for next season. Honestly would be nice if that was the case and then they announce that S6 is the last, but I doubt they'll do that.

XS acting like a 12 year old all season but suddenly wants everyone to treat her like an adult was funnier than I think the writers intended it to be.
I laughed out loud about this. Acts and talks like a 12 year old but now she says to trust her cause she's an adult.

So Cicada 2.0 has built a machine that will kill Metas. Meanwhile, CCPD makes an announcement about this, but that they have a cure for you if you come in. I didn’t get why Nora had to use a telepathy device that’s dangerous to her just to locate Cicada when it should have been obvious to literally anyone that CCPD was about to become the prime target.
That was so fucking stupid. Lets send all the metas to the same place so Cicada can absorb their power.

I don't understand why Joe was badly written today. At one point I thought they were about to write him off the show by having him suffer a seizure or some side effect to his wife using her powers all the time. Was completely disappointed to see that it was a stupid plot device to show his insecurities as a leader.

Also, thanks Iris and Nora for getting played by Thawne once again. It's funny that they making her character so fucking dumb when it comes to making decisions, especially, like saying something along the lines that she doesn't have the same emotional baggage (as in none) about Reverse Flash. Bitch, Thawne is the reason your ex-boyfriend died in the first season.
Old 05-08-19, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk God

So they knock Cicada out, but they don't do anything to stop her from waking up? Like slap some cuffs on her, breach her to another universe, something, anything. Yet they sit there and go "she is gonna wake up soon!"
Old 05-09-19, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was that ending supposed to make any sense?
Old 05-09-19, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by ben12 View Post
Was that ending supposed to make any sense?
It looks like it’s been Cicada’s dagger this whole time that’s been keeping Thawne’s powers from working in that prison. His long game has been manipulating Nora into getting Team Flash to destroy the dagger in the past. I’m sure next week we’ll see the dagger disappear and he’ll kill those guards and escape.
Old 05-09-19, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Flash speed is still so all over the place. Nuke goes off, basically walks around for hours to his perspective and it's hardly moved. This bomb goes off and he just gets away.

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
So they knock Cicada out, but they don't do anything to stop her from waking up? Like slap some cuffs on her, breach her to another universe, something, anything. Yet they sit there and go "she is gonna wake up soon!"
I was kind of thinking. DO SOMETHING, stop standing there and DO SOMETHING! Why are you not doing anything??!?!?! Sometimes they have people act really dumb.

Old 05-10-19, 06:16 AM

It looks like it’s been Cicada’s dagger this whole time that’s been keeping Thawne’s powers from working in that prison. His long game has been manipulating Nora into getting Team Flash to destroy the dagger in the past. I’m sure next week we’ll see the dagger disappear and he’ll kill those guards and escape.
wow, i didn't get that at all, good call. guess they don't have power dampening cells in the future, even though they do in the past ???
Old 05-10-19, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
I was kind of thinking. DO SOMETHING, stop standing there and DO SOMETHING! Why are you not doing anything??!?!?! Sometimes they have people act really dumb.
They're like that every time they face off against the season's "Big Bad", until it's the finale. It's sort of like "Hell's Kitchen", -the contestants are absolute disasters in the kitchen who can't get it together or work as a team, -until the final episodes when one of them has to be regarded good enough to be awarded that season's prize.

Last edited by DWilson; 05-10-19 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-10-19, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was my thinking too. I can't see any other outcome (that would make sense) next week.
As Shecada pointed out she's a badass without the dagger and can apparently wipe Team Flash out without it.