TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Flash (S5E20) -- "Gone Rogue" -- 4/30/19

Old 04-30-19, 06:56 AM

The Flash (S5E20) -- "Gone Rogue" -- 4/30/19

TUESDAY, APRIL 30

THE FLASH

"Gone Rogue" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

WEATHER WITCH, QUEEN BEE AND RAG DOLL RETURN TO CENTRAL CITY - Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to struggle with how he feels about Nora's (Jessica Parker Kennedy) betrayal. Brie Larvan (guest star Emily Kinney), Joss Jackam (guest star Reina Hardesty) and Peter Merkel (guest star Troy James) return to Central City. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) makes a bold decision. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Joshua V. Gilbert (#520). Original airdate 4/30/2019.
20 of 22
Old 05-02-19, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Flash (S5E20) -- "Gone Rogue" -- 4/30/19

When is the crossover on so I can drop all these shitty CW shows? That was awful. It seems like they’re tailoring all the CW DC shows towards female viewers now.

I’m honestly thinking of just dropping them all now and just watching the crossover.

Old 05-02-19, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
When is the crossover on so I can drop all these shitty CW shows? That was awful. It seems like they’re tailoring all the CW DC shows towards female viewers now.

I’m honestly thinking of just dropping them all now and just watching the crossover.

Late November / early December probably.
Old 05-02-19, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I missed a few weeks due to various issues and have realized that I really don't miss this at all. This was must-see-TV for me for several seasons. Now, meh. It's on the DVR so I may or may not catch up with it.
Old 05-02-19, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well SX was short lived, which is a probably a good thing. I don't think JPK was pulling off the villain thing very well. Once she was reunited with Barry all was right again.

Overall it felt like filler leading up to the end.

I did chuckle when Sherloque asked if anyone was ever going to get his name right.
Old 05-03-19, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I missed a few weeks due to various issues and have realized that I really don't miss this at all. This was must-see-TV for me for several seasons. Now, meh. It's on the DVR so I may or may not catch up with it.
This never a must-see-TV show! If you ever thought it was, you were overvaluing it. These CW superhero shows were always entertaining fluff to watch while eating dinner. That's it. They're still just as good as they've always been.
Old 05-03-19, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They are all getting way too on the nose with the social justice.
Old 05-03-19, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ben12 View Post
This never a must-see-TV show! If you ever thought it was, you were overvaluing it. These CW superhero shows were always entertaining fluff to watch while eating dinner. That's it. They're still just as good as they've always been.
Season one of Flash was great television - possibly the best serialized superhero narrative we've seen on television. It became far more formulaic afterwards, relying on guest appearances by name villains and ever more superpowered heroes added to the cast.

I think this show ran the Team Flash formula into the ground. It remains the most watchable CW series by far mostly because it still sticks to straightforward superhero action.
Old 05-06-19, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Why wait? Just give up now.
Old 05-06-19, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Why wait? Just give up now.
I think I will. I will stick with Arrow a bit because I liked the last episode. I'll watch the other threads and see if the other 3 I follow (Flash, Legends and BL) are worth going back to.

I suspect I'll drop Arrow soon enough- too many other good shows to watch.
Old 05-07-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Season one of Flash was great television - possibly the best serialized superhero narrative we've seen on television. It became far more formulaic afterwards, relying on guest appearances by name villains and ever more superpowered heroes added to the cast.

I think this show ran the Team Flash formula into the ground. It remains the most watchable CW series by far mostly because it still sticks to straightforward superhero action.
I think you overrated it. Very entertaining show, but it was always fluff.