Game of Thrones (S8E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Winterfell" -- 4/14/19

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-19, 11:21 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S8E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Winterfell" -- 4/14/19

Originally Posted by E Unit
I’m guessing she’ll go down in some way. I don’t think she’ll make it to rule in the end.
maybe she dies if all 3 dragons die.
Old 04-20-19, 11:27 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
I’m guessing she’ll go down in some way. I don’t think she’ll make it to rule in the end.
Phrasing
Old 04-20-19, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

Seriously? Everyone else thinks he will die at the hands of The Hound. I would be SHOCKED if that doesn't happen.
Never gonna happen. No normal human has a possibility of killing The Mountain. It has to be Arya. It's gonna take assassin voodoo mumbo jumbo to get close enough to him to kill him.
Even if it isn't Ayra, she is going to kill somebody/something that only she can because it can only be done with assassin voodoo. Nobody else can do it. Her entire story/journey is about this one killing she does that is crucial to the story's outcome.
Old 04-20-19, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Sesame Street: Respect is Coming

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l2ppLtHbag4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-21-19, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Not before reconciling and heading south to open the Summer Islands hottest new gastropub where they adopt a chimp and find themselves in countless wacky situations while pursuing their true love of solving mysteries.
I knew there was a reason why I liked you...

Originally Posted by rw2516
Never gonna happen. No normal human has a possibility of killing The Mountain. It has to be Arya. It's gonna take assassin voodoo mumbo jumbo to get close enough to him to kill him.
Even if it isn't Ayra, she is going to kill somebody/something that only she can because it can only be done with assassin voodoo. Nobody else can do it. Her entire story/journey is about this one killing she does that is crucial to the story's outcome.
Maybe, but it can't be the end of Arya.
It just wouldn't be fitting.
Old 04-21-19, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

They actually had The Hound tell The Mountain “That is not how you die, I’m coming for you brother” or words to that effect in the Season 7 finale. Maybe he dies trying then Arya does the job for him. But he will definitely try.

That reminds me : Who is still on Arya’s list besides The Mountain and Cersie?
Old 04-21-19, 06:31 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...yas-kill-list/
Old 04-21-19, 09:43 AM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

I'd be fine if Arya didn't really do much more on the show. I think her killing all the Frey men was big enough. I really don't buy her character as some kind of super swords-woman, as shown during her sparring with Brienne.
Old 04-21-19, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts

If Sam can kill a white walker (that was more luck but still), the Hound can kill the Mountain. Audiences just love the David vs Goliath moments.
Old 04-21-19, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

And The Mountain is no longer human. He's Frankenstein's monster/zombie. We still don't even know the extend of his un-dead powers. Smashing a few insolent townsfolk heads for disrespecting Cersei tells us nothing.
Old 04-21-19, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
And The Mountain is no longer human. He's Frankenstein's monster/zombie. We still don't even know the extend of his un-dead powers. Smashing a few insolent townsfolk heads for disrespecting Cersei tells us nothing.
I'm assuming he can only be killed by cutting off his head or stabbing him in the eyes through the slits in his mask. In order to get close enough to him to do anything, you're close enough for him to get you, you've already lost. I suppose someone could throw a spear or knife from a distance and get him in the eye.
Ayra can get within striking distance by either doing fancy moves and getting past his defense, or wearing a Cersei mask.
Old 04-21-19, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I'm assuming he can only be killed by cutting off his head or stabbing him in the eyes through the slits in his mask. In order to get close enough to him to do anything, you're close enough for him to get you, you've already lost. I suppose someone could throw a spear or knife from a distance and get him in the eye.
Ayra can get within striking distance by either doing fancy moves and getting past his defense, or wearing a Cersei mask.

Or one of those big ass dragons can burn him to a crisp.
Old 04-21-19, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,262 Likes on 840 Posts

I assume the Mountain will be the last line of defense in order to get to Cercei. I doubt that killing both would be a one man/girl job. Perhaps it's a Jaime/Hound/Arya group effort, unless it's that big ass dragon.
Old 04-22-19, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Or one of those big ass dragons can burn him to a crisp.
It's too personal for that. Would be a rip-off. If John Wick is chasing the guy who killed his dog would you be satisfied seeing him get hit by a car instead?
Old 04-22-19, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

I would love it if the hound killed the mountain by pressing his eyes like the mountain did to the viper / prince...