Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S9E16) -- Season Finale -- "The Storm" -- 3/31/19

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-19, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Walking Dead (S9E16) -- Season Finale -- "The Storm" -- 3/31/19

"The Walking Dead" season nine finales will air on Sunday, March 31st at 9:00 p.m. ET/CT. On the all-new episode, "The Storm," in the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard. As one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life or death decision. The episode is written by Angela Kang and Matthew Negrete and directed by Greg Nicotero.

Will return in the Fall for season 10.

You can watch Morgan and company this summer starting on June 2nd.
Old 03-31-19, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S9E16) -- Season Finale -- "The Storm" -- 3/31/19

I dont get why Carol wanted to leave the King. Did I miss something?
Old 03-31-19, 09:35 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I think it was just the loss of Henry impacting the relationship....on a separate note that was a dud of a finale...
Old 03-31-19, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
on a separate note that was a dud of a finale...
This show just fundamentally can't sustain momentum. Any decent episode is immediately followed by time waste.
Old 03-31-19, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

More will-they/wont-they between Daryl and Carol I guess.

So the walkers buried under snow were sleeping/resting?
I guess Beta wears the mask 24/7?

It's so damn cold out there that some don't have the energy to button up their jackets/coats (ie. Lydia and Neegan) or wear hats?

I couldn't understand the radio transmission when Blackspeare left the room or who it was from. Anyone know?
Old 03-31-19, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I guess Beta wears the mask 24/7?
Yes.

He wears it because
Spoiler:
in the comics, he was a celebrity and didn’t want to be recognized. He was a pro basketball player and actor. I like Ryan Hurst, but I sort of wish they would have gone with Rick Fox, so when the mask does come off, everyone would be like “Oh my god... is that Rick Fox?” I suppose they could still do that with Ryan... “It’s Ryan Hurst, the actor from Sons of Anarchy!”
Old 04-01-19, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
....on a separate note that was a dud of a finale...
Originally Posted by Finisher
This show just fundamentally can't sustain momentum. Any decent episode is immediately followed by time waste.
Why do they think people want to watch a half season (and counting) of "The Story of Lydia?"

What a time waster. It was just a bunch of moving pieces around for next season, all of which could have happened between seasons.
Old 04-01-19, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
It was mostly implied, but the death of Henry was the key factor; often tragedy pulls people apart rather than bring them closer. The producer feels (I'm paraphrasing) that Carol lived sort of a dream at The Kingdom, -after becoming a more hard-core character after the death of her husband and child, -and when it fell apart her nature was to leave it all behind. .

Last edited by DWilson; 04-01-19 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-01-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

aaaannd that's what I get for thinking The Walking Dead turned a corner and finally was getting interesting again.
Old 04-01-19, 12:48 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Well, the snowball fight at the end was nice.
Old 04-01-19, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So so finale to their strongest season in years. I'll be back for season 10.
Old 04-01-19, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

The voice sound female to me...Maggie???
Old 04-01-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
It was mostly implied, but the death of Henry was the key factor; often tragedy pulls people apart rather than bring them closer. The producer feels (I'm paraphrasing) that Carol lived sort of a dream at The Kingdom, -after becoming a more hard-core character after the death of her husband and child, -and when it fell apart her nature was to leave it all behind. In other words, she's falling apart and wants to leave it all behind.
You'd think she was already like that after having to kill Lizzie.
Old 04-01-19, 06:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That what a fantastic finale clearly they are going the route of Game of thrones where the next before last episode is a biggie and the finale is a quiet table setter for the next season. The performances where fantastic , the setting in winter was new, and thrilling. I think most people just want to bitch. This show is a drama, it’s not all zombie killing and fighting
Old 04-01-19, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea what a great thrill watching them tread threw snow for hour and call it a finale. I've heard it all at this point , this show is total shit at this point.
Old 04-01-19, 10:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Yea what a great thrill watching them tread threw snow for hour and call it a finale. I've heard it all at this point , this show is total shit at this point.
and yet you won’t stop watching it
Old 04-01-19, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Just because I don't stop watching it , doesn't mean it doesn't suck complete ass. Randomly killing people, having it snow , doesn't make it Game of Thrones. People saying it's their game of thrones crack me up. They been offing random people out of no where to boost ratings for years on this shit show. You wanna pretend that's some epic writing fine with me.
Old 04-01-19, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Old 04-02-19, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson
It was mostly implied, but the death of Henry was the key factor; often tragedy pulls people apart rather than bring them closer. The producer feels (I'm paraphrasing) that Carol lived sort of a dream at The Kingdom, -after becoming a more hard-core character after the death of her husband and child, -and when it fell apart her nature was to leave it all behind. .
Goes to show how much my brain turns off while watching this. I never expect anything to be ambiguous.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
He wears it because
Spoiler:
in the comics, he was a celebrity and didn’t want to be recognized. He was a pro basketball player and actor. I like Ryan Hurst, but I sort of wish they would have gone with Rick Fox, so when the mask does come off, everyone would be like “Oh my god... is that Rick Fox?”

Rick Fox? You mean the guy from Oz??

Originally Posted by d2cheer
The voice sound female to me...Maggie???
My brother pointed this out & I havent seen anyone else guess this..
Al from FtWD was on the radio
Old 04-02-19, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

It was very hard to tell what community they were in during the snow storm. It seemed that Negan and the others were in Alexandria but you could not really tell. I was not under the impression that the area size of Alexandra was that large. But they were going from one house in the neighborhood to another house that would have been at most two blocks away or a quarter mile that should not have taken more than five minutes at most, and they acted like it was this huge dangerous trek through the wilderness.
Old 04-02-19, 01:24 AM

Did anyone else hear Maggie's name mentioned? They said something like "does Maggie know"? or "did anyone tell Maggie"? Never any mention on where she is?
Old 04-02-19, 10:26 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by movieguru
It was very hard to tell what community they were in during the snow storm. It seemed that Negan and the others were in Alexandria but you could not really tell. I was not under the impression that the area size of Alexandra was that large. But they were going from one house in the neighborhood to another house that would have been at most two blocks away or a quarter mile that should not have taken more than five minutes at most, and they acted like it was this huge dangerous trek through the wilderness.
Yeah, I didn't understand why only three houses had fireplaces and that it was so difficult to walk from one house to another, even in a blinding snowstorm. Also, I've lived in the DC area during major snowstorms when we lost power for days and were trapped in our house. The fireplace didn't do shit! They're not really designed to warm a room. The only thing that worked to warm us up were camping stoves, which was super dangerous!
Old 04-02-19, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
Yeah, I didn't understand why only three houses had fireplaces and that it was so difficult to walk from one house to another, even in a blinding snowstorm. Also, I've lived in the DC area during major snowstorms when we lost power for days and were trapped in our house. The fireplace didn't do shit! They're not really designed to warm a room. The only thing that worked to warm us up were camping stoves, which was super dangerous!
I can see why only 3 houses have working fireplaces. First, they're still in Georgia - no? It's not normally THAT cold, so the need for a fireplace is lessened.
Plus, if it's anything like where I am - most have fireplaces that are either run on gas or electricity - and not actual wood-burning.

In any case, I don't think they figure it's going to make the house warm... just warmer. Given the choice between staying in a house with a working fireplace and without - I'd choose the one with the fireplace.
Plus, it's actually warm when you sit in front/around it.
Old 04-02-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
First, they're still in Georgia - no? .
No. They moved north upon meeting Eugene, who wanted to go to DC. How close they got is unknown, but I'd assume they're somewhere in the Maryland/Virginia area. Probably close to the Atlantic, hence "Oceanside". If they really want to add weather, why not subject them to a hurricane, which do occur in that part of the country?
Old 04-02-19, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
The fireplace didn't do shit! They're not really designed to warm a room. The only thing that worked to warm us up were camping stoves, which was super dangerous!
My dad has always heated his entire house with nothing but the fireplace. Always has a shit ton of wood stacked up outside the house though because he'll go through it in just a few weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.