Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Extreme Makover

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-02, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extreme Makover

What, no one watched it? Stephanie didn't come out as well, not because of the surgeries, but because of WAY too much make up. Quite frankly, I thought she looked alright to begin with. All she needed was the nose job.
Old 12-12-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I caught the last 20 minutes (actually my wife and daughter refused to let me switch channels).

What a train wreck. I can't believe they milked that for an hour.

The women ended up with toooo much makeup, and it was too hard to tell how much they had actually changed. I hate that overly made up look, like it was put on with a trowel.
Old 12-12-02, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The other woman did look much improved. If she kept up with the diet/workout plan later, she could actually turn out pretty well. Felt bad for her though. Her sister was really good looking. It must really suck to feel like you could've been good looking except that you got screwed when you were handed your genes.
Old 12-13-02, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I must admit I watched this, well it was really background noise as I found my desk. But I have got to admit Stacy was not that "bad" looking before she went through with the program.

Don’t get me wrong she now is someone that would cause most men at the bar to have their jaw drop a little, but still she was cute to begin with. And yes having a sister that is in "beauty pageants" Im sure doesn’t help the self esteem/image, heck I would notice her in a bar.

Stephanie's program I could understand wanting to make the changes, simply based on her desire. But way too much make up at her "welcome back" party. I actually thought she looked better (post op) with the before and after shots without makeup.

Im drawing a blank on the guys name at the moment, but again I could see his wanting to eliminate the fold of "left over" skin and fix the nose (2 fights, football, and something else [he has been busy]). Losing one hundred pounds in one (1) year is admirable and the tummy tuck seemed like it was something of a necessary evil to take care of the "left overs."

But, Stacy I don’t think really needed the program. And tell me if Im wrong here, but whenever Stacy was on screen (especially post op) weren’t you reminded of Kylie Ireland (actress)?