Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Miss Sherlock - HBO

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-18, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts
Miss Sherlock - HBO

Anyone watching this? The first season dropped on HBO Now/Go on 9/1/18. It might be on demand too.

An HBO Asia Original (4/27/18)

I'm through 7 of 8 so far and enjoy it. I've always been a Holmes fan since reading them all in Jr High, and again in HS.

This version of Holmes seems a little more loopy rather than eccentric. She's almost giddy when she reveals to the perpetrator how she solved it, or when notified of a body showing up.
"Watson" is little overly emotional.
Oh, did I mention cute Japanese women?

Originally Posted by HBONow
Miss Sherlock is a talented consulting detective who works alongside the police department to solve crimes plaguing the Tokyo area. Despite Sherlock’s abrasive personality, Wato Tachibana join forces with her to investigate a series of seemingly unrelated cases that are the handiwork of a mysterious organization called Stella Maris.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/hbo-g...arrives-on-hbo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PbtZw6XsZjs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-05-18, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Miss Sherlock - HBO

I watched the pilot last night. I found it blah. It's a cute twist but the "bad guy" they set for the ep was too sympathetic. Like I found myself more angry at the Japanese justice system then feeling glad she was caught. The characters of Sherlock and Wato were ok I guess but nothing about them drew me in.