Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-18, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

Rockstar is such an idiot to unintentionally give the OTEV comp to Tyler not once but twice. And then he doesn’t even use veto to pull her off the block. Hopefully she goes tonight.
Old 08-16-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Rockstar is such an idiot to unintentionally give the OTEV comp to Tyler not once but twice. And then he doesn’t even use veto to pull her off the block. Hopefully she goes tonight.
Yeah, jeez... I don't know why they trust these fucking douche bros. If you aren't one of the "cool people," they're only going to fuck you over.

I really fucking loathe Tyler, Brett, and Angela.

I don't know why Sam is letting them lead her around. I mean, JC is dumber than a sack of shit, and he's going to seek validation from the douche bros, but I don't know what Sam's excuse is.
Old 08-16-18, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Rockstar is such an idiot to unintentionally give the OTEV comp to Tyler not once but twice.
She was helpless against the overwhelming might of his white privilege.
Old 08-17-18, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I don't know why Sam is letting them lead her around. I mean, JC is dumber than a sack of shit, and he's going to seek validation from the douche bros, but I don't know what Sam's excuse is.
As I understand it, Sam was recruited for the show, and often recruits have a hard time, because they're not long-time fans who know what they're getting into.Sam just isn't a devious person and wants to be led by her heart. Reading the transcripts of the feeds, it sounds like she's having a meltdown every few minutes, and she doesn't understand or tolerate all the scheming that's part and parcel of the show. She seems to have come into it expecting summer camp.
Old 08-18-18, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
As I understand it, Sam was recruited for the show, and often recruits have a hard time, because they're not long-time fans who know what they're getting into.Sam just isn't a devious person and wants to be led by her heart. Reading the transcripts of the feeds, it sounds like she's having a meltdown every few minutes, and she doesn't understand or tolerate all the scheming that's part and parcel of the show. She seems to have come into it expecting summer camp.
That's all an act. She's not playing an honest game in the slightest. Immediately after Haleigh won HOH last week she went crying to Rockstar to secure her safety. She told her she wanted Tyler (who she has a final 2 with) and Angela out of the house. Then only after the nominations were locked after the veto did she go crawling back to the other side of the house. Just in the past couple days she has made 2 more final 2 deals with Brett and Angela.
Old 08-19-18, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 116 Likes on 92 Posts

If these mental breakdowns are all in act, it would be the greatest avant garde gameplay in reality tv history.She would 100% deserve to win if she makes it to the end by convincing everyone she just wanted to have art and crafts/summer camp without ever even playing the game.
Old 08-19-18, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AaronHernandez
If these mental breakdowns are all in act, it would be the greatest avant garde gameplay in reality tv history.She would 100% deserve to win if she makes it to the end by convincing everyone she just wanted to have art and crafts/summer camp without ever even playing the game.
She feels she's being the "Enzo" of this season, -a likeable person who will be dropped before final two because they haven't made enemies like the other, better player will have. It'll never happen, -she may be gone sooner than she thinks, -but it would be funny if she won and had this "Verbal Kint" "transformation" as she walked out of the BB house and presented herself as the most devious player ever.

Of course, she's now decided she wants to be on "Naked and Afraid"...
Old 08-19-18, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Okay... maybe I need to take back JC being dumber than a sack of shit, and give that honor to Faysal.

Jesus Christ... he could have put up Tyler and Brett, and used Angela as a replacement when one of the jocks wins the veto, but he let JC's (obvious) bullshit story get to his head. And then, while Faysal is freaking out in a fit of jealousy, Haleigh says she's to go cuddle with Scottie!

I fucking hate "Level 6," but the opposition is running such a shitshow that there's really nobody to root for.

Unless Sam does, indeed, pull a Verbal Kint at the end.
Old 08-19-18, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Okay... maybe I need to take back JC being dumber than a sack of shit, and give that honor to Faysal.

Jesus Christ... he could have put up Tyler and Brett, and used Angela as a replacement when one of the jocks wins the veto, but he let JC's (obvious) bullshit story get to his head. And then, while Faysal is freaking out in a fit of jealousy, Haleigh says she's to go cuddle with Scottie!

I fucking hate "Level 6," but the opposition is running such a shitshow that there's really nobody to root for.

Unless Sam does, indeed, pull a Verbal Kint at the end.
I had already seen JC do all that before I read your comment the other day, so I was wondering how you'd react to this episode. He's definitely not dumb and has been manipulating people all season. He'll eventually be taken out by the 4-person alliance, but he has been playing a really good game.
Old 08-19-18, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Fessy is a moron. Is this the dumbest cast ever?

I just can't hate on Level 6 because the other side are literal morons. Feel bad for Hayleigh, hope she can somehow outlast some people.
Old 08-19-18, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought tonight's episode was really well-constructed in showing how Fessy allowed himself to be played for a sap.
Old 08-19-18, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Finisher
Fessy is a moron. Is this the dumbest cast ever?

I just can't hate on Level 6 because the other side are literal morons. Feel bad for Hayleigh, hope she can somehow outlast some people.
This exactly.

Though I still think Tyler is only with Level 6 because he was the HoH the first week. The other members of Level 6 only wanted to join with him because he had the power, but now they stay with him because he's clearly better at the game than almost anyone there. I wonder if the other side would have become more solidified had he joined them instead (which seemed to be his original intention).
Old 08-20-18, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seriously, though, this is hardly the dumbest cast ever, -there are plenty of contenders, -you're just not watching them now. I tend to cut all of them a little slack because the viewers have all the info while they're in the thick of it with everybody (possibly) lying, everybody in it for themselves, as well as a sexual component, and, frankly, all of that can cloud your thinking.
Old 08-21-18, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have to be the worst alliance in BB history though, right? This will be the third time one of their own alliance members gets evicted while they're HOH either due to being easily manipulated/paranoid or because of an unfortunate gimmick. Then you've got Rockstar giving Tyler the veto win and Hayleigh revealing she's the hacker when there was no way to save her friend, and just so much dumbassery that it's hard to comprehend.
Old 08-21-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Agree that it's not the dumbest cast, but all the dumb ones are on the same side of the house. So definitely the dumbest and least effective 'alliance' as a whole.
Old 08-25-18, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Fessy and Haleigh are shocked to find themselves on the block together.

Fessy finally realizes he looks like an idiot (I'm paraphrasing but that's pretty much what he's saying) and that he shouldn't have evicted Scotty.
Old 08-27-18, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

“Scotch free” and “brains and bronze” by Angela in just one episode.

She might end up dating Fessy instead of Tyler when this season is over.
Old 08-27-18, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

JC ghost bulking everyone so they're lethargic is hilarious.
Old 08-27-18, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
JC ghost bulking everyone so they're lethargic is hilarious.
Oh, man. I was dying during that segment. I had to go back and watch it again. His little smirks and giggling were funny as shit. And then I like how he capped it off by calling Fessy his "big fat puppet" after nominations.
Old 08-27-18, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

I just felt bad for Faysal this episode, and I really hope he at least had some inkling of what was going on before the ceremony (because at least in the edit it seemed like he was clueless). Grodner basically handed him a comp and he did nothing with it, all the while saying in the diary room snippets how smart a move he made.
Old 08-27-18, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
I just felt bad for Faysal this episode, and I really hope he at least had some inkling of what was going on before the ceremony (because at least in the edit it seemed like he was clueless). Grodner basically handed him a comp and he did nothing with it, all the while saying in the diary room snippets how smart a move he made.
My interpretation of the transcripts I read is that Haleigh "got it" right away (once Vanessa won HOH) and tried to communicate that to Fessy, but he kept brushing it off. Now he's feeling defeated because they want him out next. I don't know if that's a good move for them, -and Kaycee has guessed at "Battle Back" (so L6 is aware of this going in), and Fessy might have a decent shot at winning, more so than Haleigh. Of course, this will let Scotty and Fessy battle it out one last time.
Old 08-31-18, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't seen the August 30th "Live" episode yet because of "Football" delays. However, they had a rare "worthwhile" episode of BBAD which featured an entire endurance competition for HOH with the remaining houseguests and the returning player.
Old 09-27-18, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Anyone here? Like this site, the game is over

I was pulling for Tyler to win, but I'm not mad that Kaycee did.

And Swaggy, well, you've spent more time with her family than Bayley, so I hope it works
Old 09-27-18, 08:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The bitter jury strikes again.
Old 09-27-18, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Officer Cartman
The bitter jury strikes again.
Mostly a bitter Sam but, again, it’s hard not to be happy for Kaycee.

I didn’t think this was anywhere close to the best season but it was definitely good and the final 2 was between 2 of the most likable people in this show’s history.

Tyler was truly happy for Kaycee and the look of happiness on his face when he won AFP (despite just “losing” $450,000) was sweet.

Would love for Haleigh to end up on Survivor, TAR or The Challenge because she was flat out gorgeous and I think she’s tough/competitive enough to do the other shows.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.