DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/644825-big-brother-cbs-season-20-a.html)

mattysemo247 07-11-18 01:54 PM

Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

I just noticed that Big Brother 20 already started. Is anyone watching it? I'm guessing not if there wasn't a new thread for it :lol:

This is the first year we skipped since it started. We were pretty bored watching it last summer and we are pretty busy this summer so I don't think we are really missing much.

stingermck 07-11-18 02:05 PM

Re: Big Brother 19 Season Thread Premieres June 28th

I'm watching, but yeah this place is a wasteland, so I didnt expect any talk this year.

windom 07-11-18 02:21 PM

I'm surprised there was even a thread for last year. No Celebrity Big Brother thread though as far as I know.

I'm watching, but I figure there are plenty of other dedicated BB websites, like Joker's Updates, where most people get a higher level of discussion than would ever happen on here.

Boondock Saint 07-12-18 03:45 AM

Enjoying this season so far. No Paul is a plus.

Finisher 07-12-18 08:04 AM

Yeah cast is not annoying me. Also lots of hotties.

Tom Banjo 07-15-18 10:59 PM

I almost started a thread. This group is kinda boring to me. Nobody really stands out.

DWilson 07-16-18 06:30 AM

I'm enjoying the season so far. The producers have employed a lighter touch this season with less obvious manipulation; while they still have their fun, there's a lot of time given to strategy and player "mechanics". There still are a few players that kind of fade into the background, but Sunday they provided an explanation of what "The Bros" are up to, and how that resulted in their nominations. The girls are a little more one-dimensional so far, though that will no doubt change as the game moves on.
It's a definite improvement over the last few seasons.

Boondock Saint 07-26-18 01:43 AM

That was a fun veto meeting!

Officer Cartman 07-26-18 09:54 AM

JC getting whacked in the nuts repeatedly during the competition had me rolling..:D

Finisher 08-02-18 11:57 PM

Rockstar math: 30 x 60 =1200

Rachel got done dirty. Angela is hot as balls but has the personality of a fly. Think she somehow thought Rachel was playing her. That miscommunication cost us a hottie.

Tyler probably playing the best game.

Josh-da-man 08-03-18 01:39 AM

No battle back this year, then?

DWilson 08-03-18 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13383270)
No battle back this year, then?

No, and it's been refreshing, since Julie can actually reveal information to the evicted houseguests about votes and betrayals and get their reactions. Of course, the houseguests have been expecting a returning player based on previous seasons, and I don't know if they've been told that's not happening. They have been told the latest twist, -the "Hack", -and apparently more about it than the audience has been told (Sam was trying to make an argument that they should effectively reject the twist, -she had some details I hadn't heard, -but I don't think the crowd was buying what she was selling).

With the latest eviction, the remaining houseguests will comprise "The Jury".

Boondock Saint 08-03-18 04:47 PM

Yeah, I thought since Sam's power to save someone on her terms expired, it automatically goes to somebody that was evicted. Am I misremembering/misunderstood that part or are they just ignoring it?

hippie68 08-03-18 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint (Post 13383632)
Yeah, I thought since Sam's power to save someone on her terms expired, it automatically goes to somebody that was evicted. Am I misremembering/misunderstood that part or are they just ignoring it?

It did. The person who was voted out got a chance to stay in the game. There was a timed puzzle they had to complete and they did not complete in time.

Boondock Saint 08-03-18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by hippie68 (Post 13383644)
It did. The person who was voted out got a chance to stay in the game. There was a timed puzzle they had to complete and they did not complete in time.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Finisher 08-03-18 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint (Post 13383670)
Oh wow, I totally forgot about that.

Never forget!

http://content.forums.previously.tv/...ff97d3fde.jpeg

DWilson 08-03-18 09:51 PM

The Hacker comp has been played and allows the (secret) winner to change at least one of the nominations and cancel one vote for eviction. Of course, there's still a Veto Comp to play.

Spoiler:
Scotty won and took himself off the block; Scotty and Rockstar were nominated, with RS the target. Scotty put up Tyler in his place.

Note: I just read an interview with Julie Chen and she mentioned that the various crew members who tested the puzzle all managed to complete it in less than 45 seconds. Kaitlynn was given two-and-a-half minutes. It makes me think the producers were expecting her to go back into the game.

JuryDuty 08-04-18 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13383775)
Note: I just read an interview with Julie Chen and she mentioned that the various crew members who tested the puzzle all managed to complete it in less than 45 seconds. Kaitlynn was given two-and-a-half minutes. It makes me think the producers were expecting her to go back into the game.

I have no doubt they wanted her back in the game. Not only would there have been fireworks, but Kaitlyn got a LOT of TV time--she was good in the diary room and out. But she just got way too flustered in that comp. :(

DJariya 08-04-18 11:51 PM

Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

https://wwwimage-secure.cbsstatic.co...roupshot_0.jpg

The following 16 new Houseguests will spend the summer competing for $500,000:

Steve Arienta (pronounced Ar-ee-in-tah) (40)
Hometown: Parsippany, N.J.
Current City: Wanaque, N.J.

Sam Bledsoe (27)
Hometown: Stuarts Draft, Va.
Current City: Stuarts Draft, Va.

Haleigh Broucher (pronounced Hay-Lee) (21)
Hometown: Village Mills, Texas
Current City: College Station, Texas

Kaycee Clark (30)
Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Current City: Tempe, Ariz.

Tyler Crispen (23)
Hometown: Rossford, Ohio
Current City: Hilton Head, S.C.

Bayleigh Dayton (pronounced Bay-Lee) (25)
Hometown: Lees Summit, Mont.
Current City: Atlanta, Ga.

Kaitlyn Herman (24)
Hometown: Plainview, N.Y.
Current City: Encino, Calif.

Winston Hines (28)
Hometown: Somerset, Ky.
Current City: Bowling Green, Ky.

Angie "Rockstar" Lantry (34; turns 35 on 6/22)
Hometown: Columbia, Md.
Current City: Columbia, Md.

JC Monduix (28)
Hometown: Miami, Fla. via Spain
Current City: West Hollywood, Calif.

Brett Robinson (25)
Hometown: Oakdale, Conn.
Current City: Charlestown, Mass.

Angela Rummans (26)
Hometown: Hilton Head, S.C.
Current City: Playa Vista, Calif.

Scottie Salton (26)
Hometown: Shorewood, Ill.
Current City: Chicago, Ill.

Faysal Shafaat (pronounced Fey-sull, Sha-fat) (26)
Hometown: Orlando, Fla.
Current City: Orlando, Fla.

Rachel Swindler (29; turns 30 on 7/15)
Hometown: Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Current City: Las Vegas, Nev.

Chris "Swaggy C" Williams (23)
Hometown: Bridgeport, Conn.
Current City: Bridgeport, Conn.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...U2U1wUPp37u.99

Alright, a new season 20 Big Brother thread for those that are fans.

Good Lord, takes literally 5 seconds to make one. :lol:

If you're a big fan, take the initiative and make one. A Mod should probably take the posts from the bumped season 19 thread and move them here.

Josh-da-man 08-04-18 11:58 PM

Watching her struggle with the puzzle, I thought there might have been some trick to putting it together or else it would fall to pieces before it was completed, like having to assemble it flat on the floor or starting a certain way.

GuessWho 08-05-18 08:45 AM

Since the 6-piece puzzle was designed to be won, this coming Thursday was supposed to be a double eviction--thus two people would start jury together--but Kaitlyn screwed up the people count and now it's just a single eviction.

DWilson 08-05-18 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13384235)
Watching her struggle with the puzzle, I thought there might have been some trick to putting it together or else it would fall to pieces before it was completed, like having to assemble it flat on the floor or starting a certain way.

Putting it together on the floor was the first thing I thought of, but I didn't have any pressure on me. Kaitlyn thought of it, but too late too help her, She got the legs easy enough, but the "crotch-piece" that joined them seemed to baffle her and she just choked.

Finisher 08-05-18 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13383775)

Yeah they only had like 2 minutes left to interview her. They must've thought it was an absolute slam dunk. The irony of a 24 year old "life coach" failing a 6 piece puzzle a slow child could complete is a magical BB moment.

Here's her life coach website btw.

https://www.kaitcoaching.com/

"Please be aware that private coaching can cost between $2,700-11,000 USD depending on which program you choose."

https://media.giphy.com/media/BNtP5jefFq9VK/giphy.gif

Finisher 08-05-18 10:56 PM

Re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

http://content.forums.previously.tv/...d9bb1e46e.jpeg

Hacker comp was actually fun. Props to Hayleigh for the power move.

JuryDuty 08-06-18 12:05 AM

Re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

This was a really good episode. Liked the way they pulled off the hacker competition, which is turning this into an interesting week. I doubt noms will stay the same...