DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/644825-big-brother-cbs-season-20-a.html)

Josh-da-man 08-06-18 03:16 AM

Re: Big Brother (CBS) -- Season 20

This is currently making the rounds on social media... Bayleigh might be preggers.

From what I gather, her period is two weeks late, her tits are sore, and she and Swaggy were raw doggin' back when he was in the house.

DWilson 08-06-18 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 13384643)
This was a really good episode. Liked the way they pulled off the hacker competition, which is turning this into an interesting week. I doubt noms will stay the same...

The hacker changed them by the end of the episode. Can Scotty be put back on the block as result of the POV comp (depending on how it goes) or is he safe for the week?

fujishig 08-06-18 09:23 AM

The one thing I don't like is that the hacker has so much power. I mean they can:
1. Nullify a nominee and choose the replacement
2. Pick someone for the veto competition
3. Nullify a vote entirely

That's a lot of power. I don't think it will matter much this week but it seems like it would be very easy to manipulate who gets this so that production can be ensured fireworks happens.

dolphinboy 08-06-18 06:22 PM

They have to get rid of Bayleigh now, right? If for no other reason so that she can’t ever use her power to steal the nominations?

When Brett was trying to get Alliance, he got Anallice instead.

fujishig 08-06-18 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 13385152)
They have to get rid of Bayleigh now, right? If for no other reason so that she can’t ever use her power to steal the nominations?

When Brett was trying to get Alliance, he got Anallice instead.

The chuckle was what killed me.

DWilson 08-07-18 02:58 PM

Apparently, Bayleigh will be meeting with a nurse today about her situation.

It promises to be a fun episode or two.

Spoiler:
Penalty costumes, and Bayleigh got backdoored, supposedly framed for being the hacker; there's good chance they'll get rid of her to keep her from using her power to change the noms. Meanwhile, Bayleigh is on a tear about her nomination and has had a couple of freak-outs. She hopes the ratings will drop when she leaves. She feels appearing on a reality show will hurt her career. She mentions to someone that she was "casted" on the show to be the sassy and aggressive black girl and that's what they -and then the feeds were interrupted.

fujishig 08-07-18 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13385720)
Apparently, Bayleigh will be meeting with a nurse today about her situation.

It promises to be a fun episode or two.

Spoiler:
Penalty costumes, and Bayleigh got backdoored, supposedly framed for being the hacker; there's good chance they'll get rid of her to keep her from using her power to change the noms. Meanwhile, Bayleigh is on a tear about her nomination and has had a couple of freak-outs. She hopes the ratings will drop when she leaves. She feels appearing on a reality show will hurt her career. She mentions to someone that she was "casted" on the show to be the sassy and aggressive black girl and that's what they -and then the feeds were interrupted.

That casting part is spot on... they definitely have a type that they always, always cast. I would think in the first episode, when she basically said she rolls her eyes when customers need something, that that hurt her career, but what do I know?

edited to add:

I guess her exact quote was:
“When it comes to passengers, basically I’ll help you if I absolutely have to but if I don’t, I probably won’t.”

DWilson 08-08-18 10:14 PM

A lot of wild stuff happened after the POV, -I don't know how much will make tomorrow's show. There was a house meeting where Bayleigh started screaming at Tyler and she didn't realize she was spitting blood. By the way, Bayleigh has been told that the feed watchers are aware of her situation and she's been warned to stop talking about production (and I mean apparently beyond the usual warnings everyone gets). Someone has been posting feed highlights on youtube.

stingermck 08-09-18 10:07 AM

Lets roll the tape!

JuryDuty 08-10-18 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13385726)
That casting part is spot on... they definitely have a type that they always, always cast. I would think in the first episode, when she basically said she rolls her eyes when customers need something, that that hurt her career, but what do I know?

I would never appear on a reality show if I was worried about my career. You just can't know how you're going to be edited, and you certainly can bet that you'll do or say something that someone will disagree with over the course of 100 days.

That said, I'd say most of the contestants end up with more online followers and career opportunities than before they came on the show. They may not always be what they want, but they come.

fujishig 08-10-18 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 13387450)
I would never appear on a reality show if I was worried about my career. You just can't know how you're going to be edited, and you certainly can bet that you'll do or say something that someone will disagree with over the course of 100 days.

That said, I'd say most of the contestants end up with more online followers and career opportunities than before they came on the show. They may not always be what they want, but they come.

This show in particular absolutely casts people who are chasing fame (like Swaggy). I think early on they didn't and it was super boring, so now you get what amounts to almost caricatures of people. I just wouldn't say, in the preshow, that I don't care about customers if I really wanted to keep my job after it was all said and done.

Finisher 08-10-18 11:48 AM

Bayleigh and Swaggy are a good fit. Both delusional and arrogant for no good reason.

PhantomStranger 08-10-18 02:09 PM

I'll just pop in here to say that many people assume Big Brother gets canceled if Les Moonves is pushed out of CBS. Survivor is also likely finished at CBS if he goes.

windom 08-10-18 02:30 PM

Why would they cancel two of their top shows? The only thing I could see happening is that Love Island becomes a big enough hit to maybe replace one of those shows eventually.

AaronHernandez 08-10-18 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by windom (Post 13387608)
Why would they cancel two of their top shows? The only thing I could see happening is that Love Island becomes a big enough hit to maybe replace one of those shows eventually.

This is the same network that has 3 version of NCIS and 4-5 versions of CSI. If Love Island is a hit they won't cancel Survivor,they will just try to make spinoffs like Milf Island, Isle Of Gay's, Seperation Island, Model Island etc

windom 08-10-18 08:08 PM

Yeah, I could only see them using Love Island to replace BB or Survivor if they had a big ratings drop after a few more seasons. CBS has been trying to launch another reality based show in the past two summers without success (Candy Crush and TKO). So they would probably happily run Love Island and BB over the summer.

BB is also responsible for actual paying customers due to all the live feeders that sign up for CBS All Access 4 months of the year now.

Josh-da-man 08-10-18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13387585)
I'll just pop in here to say that many people assume Big Brother gets canceled if Les Moonves is pushed out of CBS. Survivor is also likely finished at CBS if he goes.

Where would that leave The Amazing Race?

I'd gladly give up Survivor for TAR. Survivor is played out.

Bill Needle 08-10-18 09:30 PM

Why does CBS need this to be a murder/suicide? Is Moonves really the only thing keeping these shows on the air?

AaronHernandez 08-10-18 09:39 PM

I could see Julie Chen being replaced by I am not sure why their reality shows would be any more associated with Moonves and in danger of cancellation then their scripted shows. I don't think his face has been on camera for any of their 3 reality shows ever

Josh-da-man 08-10-18 10:04 PM

If BB or Survivor are seen as Moonves' pet projects, the Redstones might shut them down out of spite.

With Julie Chen as the host, BB seems strongly associated with Moonves.

Bill Needle 08-11-18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 13387862)
With Julie Chen as the host, BB seems strongly associated with Moonves.

For me BB is almost unwatchable, but when I do watch I find Julie Chen to amount to set dressing. People call her "The Chenbot" for a reason. There are roughly 200 million adults in America who can read, which makes them all equally qualified to do her job once sleeping with Moonves is no longer part of the job requirements.

Gizmo 08-11-18 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13387585)

You realize BB currently outrates in the 18-49 demo nearly every show on CBS not called TBBT and Young Sheldon, right?

DWilson 08-11-18 11:59 AM

Also, the next two seasons of "Survivor" have already been filmed.

JuryDuty 08-13-18 12:01 AM

No way Survivor gets cancelled, and I would expect Big Brother would only lose Julie at worst. They may hate Moonves, but unless he has it in a contract that those ideas leave with him, they won't get rid of their cash cows.

dolphinboy 08-13-18 02:11 AM

Haystack is so good looking.