Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

2 Dope Queens (HBO) -- S: Jessica Williams, Phoebe Robinson -- 2/2/18

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-18, 07:03 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
2 Dope Queens (HBO) -- S: Jessica Williams, Phoebe Robinson -- 2/2/18

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rMp7iGHtMso" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The hit comedy podcast 2 Dope Queens, featuring Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson, comes to HBO as a series of four themed hour-long specials. Directed by Tig Notaro (Boyish Girl Interrupted, One Mississippi), guests include Uzo Aduba (Orange Is the New Black), Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce, Sex and the City) and Jon Stewart (The Daily Show). The four themed episodes include: “New York,” with Jon Stewart; “Hair,” with Sarah Jessica Parker; “Hot Peen,” with Tituss Burgess; and “Black Nerds” (aka “Blerds”) with Uzo Aduba.

Taped before a live audience at Brooklyn’s Kings Theatre, the show features the fun, fearless queens dishing on “Cocoa Khaleesis,” dating white baes, sex, New York-living, the best borough for pizza and more.

2 Dope Queens also features Robinson’s and Williams’ favorite comedians, including: Kevin Barnett, Rhea Butcher, Michelle Buteau, John Early, Naomi Ekperigin, Gary Gulman, Al Jackson, Jackie Kashian, Aparna Nancherla, Mark Normand, Baron Vaughn and Sheng Wang.

Jessica Williams’ credits include the critically acclaimed films The Incredible Jessica James and People Places Things, the TV series The Daily Show and Girls, and the Upright Citizens Brigade comedy troupe. Phoebe Robinson has appeared on such TV shows as I Love Dick, Broad City and The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, and is the author of the New York Times bestselling book You Can’t Touch My Hair (And Other Things I Still Have to Explain).

2 Dope Queens is executive produced by Phoebe Robinson, Jessica Williams, Amy Aniobi, Carrie Byalick, Jon Thoday, Richard Allen Turner, David Martin and Chenoa Estrada; executive producers for A24 include Ravi Nandan and John Hodges.

2 Dope Queens premieres February 2.