Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race (S30E03) -- "It's Gonna be a Fragrant Day" -- 1/17/18

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-18, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Amazing Race (S30E03) -- "It's Gonna be a Fragrant Day" -- 1/17/18

RACERS SCALE BUILDINGS AND RUN THROUGH THE NARROW STREETS OF TANGIERS, MOROCCO ON "THE AMAZING RACE," WEDNESDAY, JAN. 17

"It's Gonna be a Fragrant Day" (Tangiers, Morocco)
- Things get slimy at a fishy challenge, and Racers scale buildings and run through the narrow streets of Tangiers, Morocco, on THE AMAZING RACE, Wednesday, Jan. 17 (8:00-9:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@PhilKeoghan)
is the host.

The following teams are still racing:

Cedric & Shawn - #TeamSlamDunk

Cody & Jessica - #TeamBigBrother

Henry & Evan - #TeamYale

Trevor & Chris - #TeamWellStrung

Alex & Conor - #TeamIndyCar

Joey & Tim - #TeamChomp

Kristi & Jen - #TeamExtreme

Lucas & Brittany - #TeamOceanRescue

Eric & Daniel - #TheFirefighters

The following teams have been eliminated:

Dessie & Kayla - #TheRingGirls (eliminated Jan. 3)
April & Sarah - #TeamGoatYoga (eliminated Jan. 10)
Old 01-17-18, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race (S30E03) -- "It's Gonna be a Fragrant Day" -- 1/17/18

Great episode. Probably my favorite Roadblock from any season.

Jen and Kristi still in the game!

Should have been an elimination leg based on the ability to catch up easily during the Roadblock. If you arrived last at the Roadblock, you still had a chance to get first.
Old 01-18-18, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

That was a brutal roadblock.

I do miss the days when the teams could get spaced out. Yeah it was hard on Phil and the production crew but seeing that one team, I think was still in Alaska, told that the race was over was cool.
Old 01-18-18, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Really enjoying this season after checking out early on the last few. Helps when you have a rooting interest; I'm a big fan of Big Brother. Also none of these teams are annoying me, which is almost never the case.
Old 01-18-18, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This season has been great so far, the only negative for me this episode was the really unbalanced detour. Looking forward to 2 hours next week.
Old 01-18-18, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

This has been a great season so far and the ratings have been good too! The find the gnome challenge was great! That may be my favorite challenge of the whole series. I liked that this was a brutal, physical episode. It's worthy of being part of a Challenge final. I'm a little bit worried that Cedric may die out there. He's had three heart attacks and doesn't look like he's in great shape....
Old 01-18-18, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604
This season has been great so far, the only negative for me this episode was the really unbalanced detour. Looking forward to 2 hours next week.
After doing that brutal "chase the gnome" challenge, I'm surprised anyone voluntarily chose the followup challenge of dragging boxes uphill through twisty streets. Maybe the editing was deceiving, but that belly dance challenge looked like it took hardly any time at all.

Next week (from the previews):
Spoiler:
the return of the head-to-head challenge! Looks like some kind of bocce ball game.
Old 01-21-18, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

What a close call for Cedric and Shawn.

I was disappointed that they went from first to finishing last until it turned out to be a non-elimination leg. Cedric was dumb for really over-exerting himself by carrying that really heavy backpack around while doing the tasks, climbing stairs etc. He should have used some common sense and left it with Shawn. Plus as mentioned in the broadcast, he's had some health issues.

So far I'm enjoying this season. Most of the teams so far are fairly likable and no one is really annoying. The tasks have been fun.
Old 01-22-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, this is a solid season. Nearly all the teams are likable. Even Yale is in a douchey way.
Old 01-22-18, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
After doing that brutal "chase the gnome" challenge, I'm surprised anyone voluntarily chose the followup challenge of dragging boxes uphill through twisty streets. Maybe the editing was deceiving, but that belly dance challenge looked like it took hardly any time at all.
Did they make it clear that it only entailed finding the names, or did it seem like they may have had to do some dancing? Those performance challenges had ended up getting very physically strong teams bounced because they couldn't pull off the silly performance. When a team's strength is their physical strength, they should always take the straight forward physical option. I also tend to think the editing is what made the box dragging look worse that it was.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Yeah, this is a solid season. Nearly all the teams are likable. Even Yale is in a douchey way.
I might be the only one, but I can't stand the eaters. And I suspect many couldn't stand the Yogis. I read coming in that many can't stand the BB couple.
Old 01-22-18, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Did they make it clear that it only entailed finding the names, or did it seem like they may have had to do some dancing? Those performance challenges had ended up getting very physically strong teams bounced because they couldn't pull off the silly performance. When a team's strength is their physical strength, they should always take the straight forward physical option. I also tend to think the editing is what made the box dragging look worse that it was.
Absolutely. Some of those past challenges that involve doing a dance or some kind of choreographed activity have been brutal (with tiny slip ups forcing a wait period and having to redo the whole thing). I don't blame the reasoning of a strong physical team to fear that and go with what seemed to be a pure physical challenge. And who knows what was left out of the editing. But aside from some half-assed belly wiggling, it didn't seem like contestants had to do anything very particular while looking for the clues.
Old 01-22-18, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The worst part those performance challenges is the judging is always so arbitrary. Only thing worse than a team being eliminated because of a bad taxi is being the only team the judge didn't give a pass to until they were the only team left.