TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S5E05) -- "Rewind" -- 12/22/17

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-17, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S5E05) -- "Rewind" -- 12/22/17

Originally Posted by Jay G.
At about the 20:00 minute mark, Fitz asks to be sent through too, and Enoch says "the stone can only be activated on the other end." So the stone still exists. It will likely be the team's gateway back. Fitz then tries to find out who activated it, which leads them to the child.
You back to making no sense and contradicting your own posts. Given what you just posted, why would Fitz ask to examine it?

The monolith could have re-formed (they didn't show it) but they made it clear they still couldn't open it on their end unlike the black one.
Old 12-27-17, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
You back to making no sense and contradicting your own posts. Given what you just posted, why would Fitz ask to examine it?

The monolith could have re-formed (they didn't show it) but they made it clear they still couldn't open it on their end unlike the black one.
I think the point he is making is that Fitz is smart enough to figure out a way to activate the monolith from this end if given the time to study it. If he could figure out why it can only be activated from other side, then he could figure out a way to negate that.

They could have written it that way but didn't.
Old 12-27-17, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 655 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
I think the point he is making is that Fitz is smart enough to figure out a way to activate the monolith from this end if given the time to study it....
I'm not even saying Fitz could've activated the monolith in the present, but you'd think he'd want to at least see it, collect some data, try a few things, etc. He seems to just take Enoch's statement that it can't be controlled on this end at face value.

Again, they originally couldn't control the black monolith either. It was only after Fitz studied and experimented with it that they figured out a way to control it.
Old 12-27-17, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the point he is making is that Fitz is smart enough to figure out a way to activate the monolith from this end if given the time to study it. If he could figure out why it can only be activated from other side, then he could figure out a way to negate that.
I sure hope not because that makes no sense given the dialog and what has been given us so far in this arc. They made it pretty clear that there is no manipulating it like there was with the black version and that they know what can and cannot be done which ends with Fitz taking a pretty crazy leap of faith to jump into the car carrier hoping nothing bad would happen in the multiple decades while he was asleep. If anything, that would be the lack of logic I would think people would be poking at. And if there was an issue I had with the episode, it was all the time they spent showing him pas the time in custody only for it to basically have no bearing on the outcome. Unless you count having the woman in charge execute the two underlings we saw interact with Fitz for all that screen time.
Old 12-27-17, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 655 Likes on 453 Posts

Did you like, not refresh the page before making a post two hours after mine that appears to be unaware of my post?
Old 12-27-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I sure hope not because that makes no sense given the dialog and what has been given us so far in this arc. They made it pretty clear that there is no manipulating it like there was with the black version and that they know what can and cannot be done which ends with Fitz taking a pretty crazy leap of faith to jump into the car carrier hoping nothing bad would happen in the multiple decades while he was asleep. If anything, that would be the lack of logic I would think people would be poking at. And if there was an issue I had with the episode, it was all the time they spent showing him pas the time in custody only for it to basically have no bearing on the outcome. Unless you count having the woman in charge execute the two underlings we saw interact with Fitz for all that screen time.
I think in order to protect the prophecy Enoch would protect Fitz while he was asleep. Protecting the prophecy seems to be his primary directive.

I think Fitz was just stalling while in custody waiting for Hunter to rescue him. I suppose it could have been shortened by having Hunter see the first letter Fitz wrote to the soccer magazine.
Old 12-27-17, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think in order to protect the prophecy Enoch would protect Fitz while he was asleep. Protecting the prophecy seems to be his primary directive.
Or they think that location is safe somehow. Either way that's a pretty huge leap of faith.

I think Fitz was just stalling while in custody waiting for Hunter to rescue him. I suppose it could have been shortened by having Hunter see the first letter Fitz wrote to the soccer magazine.
The truth about the letters, and Hunter reveal was a great payoff, but as I was posting earlier, they spent far too much time on it.
Old 12-29-17, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

This show is in danger of being cancelled: https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/gallery...tandhp#image=9
Old 12-29-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

it's always been on the bubble. the assumption was that it would last through this season and then be canceled.
Old 12-29-17, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm thinking they went into this season as the last one. May be just a half season also. There are 3 more eps, a break, then what looks like a final 4 for a total of 12.

I've enjoyed the show since day one but it always seemed out of place for broadcast network tv. It's like watching Stargate SG-1 on a big three network. Seems weird.
Old 12-30-17, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,704 Likes on 2,662 Posts

I'm thinking they went into this season as the last one. May be just a half season also. There are 3 more eps, a break, then what looks like a final 4 for a total of 12.

I've enjoyed the show since day one but it always seemed out of place for broadcast network tv. It's like watching Stargate SG-1 on a big three network. Seems weird.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...nts-of-shield/

It has a 22 episode order, so no it's not getting cut off at 12.

They can pretty much run new episodes straight all the way through the end of April (if they choose) or they can take a few short breaks to stretch the season through May.

They've kind of cut back doing crossovers from the MCU movies, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do some kind of cross promotion in May to help promote Avengers: Infinity War
Old 12-30-17, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just hope they also find a way tie the series end into the MCU so at least Coulson could return to having a minor role in the films.
Old 12-30-17, 01:31 PM

Received 813 Likes on 529 Posts

I just hope they also find a way tie the series end into the MCU so at least Coulson could return to having a minor role in the films.
I would love to see Coulson pop up in the MCU again... and see Loki do a double take.
Old 01-04-18, 10:48 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just caught up , best AOS series so far by a mile

They needed to get a bit wilder and outrageous with things ready for infinity wars
Old 01-05-18, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I would love to see Coulson pop up in the MCU again... and see Loki do a double take.
I don't think it would rattle him.