Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) -- from producer and host Jordan Peele

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) -- from producer and host Jordan Peele

Old 12-29-12, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts
Re: Twilight Zone getting another reboot @ CBS w/ Bryan Singer.

Originally Posted by RichC2
Different landscape, you have to keep in mind one of the biggest shows of the last decade was Lost, a sci-fi mystery serial of all things. Anthology is ideal for broadcast TV as well since you can tune in even if you miss a week, works great for repeats too.
Lost seems like it was kind of a rarity though. For the most part I don't remember that many science-fiction type shows that have been successful on network television in a long time. I'd love to see a new version of The Twilight Zone I'm just skeptical on it.
Old 12-29-12, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original was the best. That includes Outer Limts, Night Gallery etc. Accept no substitutes. That being said, I'm always up for a new science fiction or horror anthology show. Just call it something else.
Old 12-29-12, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by danfindlay
John Noble.
He already hosts a program on the Science Channel covering weird phenomena.
Old 12-29-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

I'd rather see an anthology series with a general overall theme. I just watched The Walking Dead: Cold Storage webisodes, and thought that a series with different characters every week (or maybe 2-3 episode arcs), but in the same zombie apocalypse world, would be really interesting.
Old 12-29-12, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
He already hosts a program on the Science Channel covering weird phenomena.
Who cares? More John Noble please! He'd be perfect for this.
Old 12-29-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason
I'd rather see an anthology series with a general overall theme. I just watched The Walking Dead: Cold Storage webisodes, and thought that a series with different characters every week (or maybe 2-3 episode arcs), but in the same zombie apocalypse world, would be really interesting.
Wouldn't that sort of defeat the purpose of it being an anthology series though?
Old 12-29-12, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any chance to see an anthology series on TV I am behind.
Old 12-29-12, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malichai
Who cares? More John Noble please! He'd be perfect for this.
He'd be good too. He was the only thing I liked about Fringe.
Old 11-02-17, 04:27 PM

Received 4,511 Likes on 3,059 Posts
'Twilight Zone' Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS All Access

The Twilight Zone is entering a new dimension.

CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves announced Thursday during the company's earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic science fiction anthology. It's unclear at the moment if it's a straight to series order or just development.

The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will exec produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez's involvement as official details have not yet been announced beyond Moonves' initial announcement.

The news comes as CBS All Access has found success with its revival of Star Trek: Discovery, which the streamer said drove record subscriptions to the platform and renewed for a second season. The Twilight Zone joins a roster of CBS All Access scripted originals that also includes dramas The Good Fight (a spinoff from The Good Wife), Strange Angel, $1 and comedy No Activity.

Peele found success with horror feature Get Out — which many have described as an African-American version of The Twilight Zone.

BS last tried to revive The Twilight Zone in 2012 when the studio teamed with X-Men's Bryan Singer to develop, exec produce and potentially direct a new version of the anthology. The network revived the series in the 1980s that ran for three seasons and again in 2002 for a season on UPN with host Forest Whitaker. The franchise has been licensed to a new stage play set to premiere at the Almeida Theatre in London set to run in December and January 2018. The original series won three Emmys during its 156-episode run and explored topics including humanity's hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices.

The Twilight Zone revival arrives as individual episodic anthologies have become increasingly popular following shows like Netflix's Black Mirror, HBO's Room 104, TBS' The Guest Book. In a crowded landscape of nearly 500 scripted shows, individual episodic anthologies are easier to consume.

Meanwhile, reboots and revivals continue to be in high demand as broadcast, cable and streaming platforms look for proven and easy to market IP in a bid to cut through the cluttered landscape. Key to the reboots is having the original producers attached, with would be CBS Television Studios in the case of The Twilight Zone.

Peele, whose TV credits also include Netflix's Big Mouth, Comedy Central's Key and Peele and TBS' The Last OG as well as feature Keanu, is repped by CAA, Principato-Young and Morris Yorn. Ramirez is repped by UTA.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...access-1050554
Old 11-02-17, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

re: Twilight Zone (CBS All Access) -- from producer and host Jordan Peele

With Peele involved this could be good. The UPN one had some good episodes.
Old 12-07-17, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/twil...ez-1202632108/

Officially picked up to series by CBS All-Access.

This could be a fun anthology series. Hopefully they can get some decent actors to participate in it.
Old 12-07-17, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 871 Likes on 642 Posts

I'm guessing that after the success of Get Out, they'll have no issue attracting a good cast.
Old 09-20-18, 11:28 AM

<iframe width="649" height="365" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PeS26bBeMkU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CBS announced Thursday that Peele will serve as host and narrator of “The Twilight Zone,” the revival of the classic science-fiction anthology that he is producing with CBS Television Studios and Simon Kinberg for CBS All Access. Peele steps into the on-camera role originated by “Twilight Zone” creator Rod Serling, who introduced and provided narration for episodes of the series during its 1959-1964 run.

CBS announced last year that it would revive “The Twilight Zone” for streaming service CBS All Access with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Kinberg’s Genre Films. Peele and Kinberg are set to serve as executive producers alongside Win Rosenfeld, Audrey Chon, Carol Serling, Rick Berg and Greg Yaitanes.

Speaking to Variety earlier this year for a cover story about Monkeypaw Productions, Peele discussed his initial reluctance to take on a revivale of “The Twilight Zone,” a project that he eventually embraced.

“The realization, for me, was that it was an opportunity to attempt to continue with Serling’s mission,” Peele said at the time. “If we approach it without ego and sort of bow to Serling, that will hopefully suffice for our fellow ‘Twilight Zone’ fans but also bring back a show that I think is needed right now. Because it’s a show that has always helped us look at ourselves, hold a mirror up to society.”

No premiere date for the new “Twilight Zone” has been set.
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/jor...ne-1202949664/

Last edited by dex14; 09-20-18 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-20-18, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Between this, the Picard series, and my mild interest in Star Trek: Discovery CBS All Access may be a service I consider subscribing to soon.
Old 01-28-19, 06:17 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Taissa Farmiga (The Mule), Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul), Luke Kirby (The Deuce) and Ike Barinholtz (The Oath) are set to star in an upcoming episode of CBS All Access’ reboot, The Twilight Zone, that will also feature Percy Hynes-White.

They join previously announced host and narrator Jordan Peele, as well as John Cho, Greg Kinnear, Sanaa Lathan, Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Alison Tolman, Jacob Tremblay, Jessica Williams, DeWanda Wise and Steven Yeun.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-twi...ot-1202543926/
Old 01-29-19, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 699 Likes on 570 Posts

Why can't they put it on regular CBS?

There is nothing worth watching on CBS except the NFL.
Old 01-29-19, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Why can't they put it on regular CBS?

There is nothing worth watching on CBS except the NFL.

You need to get with the times. Streaming and original shows made for streaming are the future.

Old 01-30-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk God

CBS All Access has set Monday, April 1 for the premiere of its reimagining of The Twilight Zone. The anthology series will debut with two episodes on April 1. Following the series premiere, new episodes will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays beginning April 11, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers. Julie McNamara, EVP of Original Content for CBS All Access, announced the date Wednesday during CBS’ TCA presentation.
Old 01-30-19, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Streaming sucks
Old 02-03-19, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Super Bowl spot.

Old 02-03-19, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not much at all to go off of but I’m interested in this still. Peele seems like a good choice to host this.
Old 02-03-19, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

How many damn streaming services along with our cable are we going to have to get? Already have Netflix, Hulu and Prime. I wonder if these are original stories or rehashed versions of the stories we have already seen.
Old 02-21-19, 12:37 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/29_gA_GDGvE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-21-19, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
How many damn streaming services along with our cable are we going to have to get? Already have Netflix, Hulu and Prime. I wonder if these are original stories or rehashed versions of the stories we have already seen.
I know and with Jordan Peele behind this should be on CBS and regular TV.
Old 02-21-19, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I thought the point of "cutting the cord" was to save money.
It seems like it's it's heading in the direction of being as expensive as cable, or more.

Netflix
Hulu
Amazon Prime
YouTube Premium

Just those ones including you the cable bill adds up to be about $100.
Then there's stuff like CBS All Access, and DC Universe Streaming that seem to be produce shows that could just as well be on regular television like CBS or the CW.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.