Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-17, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 212 Likes on 188 Posts
Re: Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 thread

I was surprised to check my DVR and find that Tuesday's episode was only an hour. I guess the "production problems" made it hard to get contestants, either because of the rushed, impromptu schedule or the cloud that hung over this season. They basically brought in "The Twins" to make a guest appearance to stir up drama and then leave. Next Monday's finale apparently be split between wrapping up the show and an in-studio reunion, which looks like it might be heavy on awkward confrontations.
Old 09-06-17, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

The twins coming back was just mind numbing stupid tv. Jack Stone said it best, "they can go back home now and watch Frozen while they play with their fidget spinners."

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-06-17 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-07-17, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The next Bachelor has been announced, its Arie Luyendyk Jr. He was one of finalists from Emily Mynard's Bachelorette season in 2012. Nick was 36, and this guy will be 36 when filming starts. This one is kind of surprising since the last time he was on was 5 years ago, plus has a lot of grey hair.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3477049

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-13-17 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-07-17, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't watch the Batch shows, -though I watch BIP- but I've been reading reactions to the announcement on a couple of the entertainment sites and it's generally pretty livid, mostly from women who wanted somebody from this last season and not this dinosaur.
Old 09-07-17, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I usually watch The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise. I do remember the outrage when this guy didn't get picked for being The Bachelor after being on The Bachelorette. Well ladies your getting him as your Bachelor now. He's a race car driver, plus being older it will be a different angle for this season.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-07-17 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-11-17, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bump for tonight's finale. Dean, Kristina, and Danielle showed up on Ellen today to discuss the show. Nice clip Kristina left things open with Dean, if he realized how much he screwed up. He seemed like he realized how bad he looked on the show.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-11-17 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-13-17, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sort of an underwhelming finale, but then the show never quite got up to speed, which I'd blame on "the troubles" and the delay in production.

The Lacey/Daniel situation seemed a bit contrived, if only because I find it hard to believe any woman would buy what Daniel's selling. He's smirked his way through two seasons of this show and seems to enjoy being a one-dimensional d-bag, as if that's his comment on the show itself. The situation where Daniel dismisses Lacey to the producers just outside the door of the Fantasy Suite while she's still in bed on the other side seemed a bit convenient.
Old 09-13-17, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Robbie has a hair piece... it was blatantly obvious in that reunion. Guy is such a tool.
Old 09-13-17, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Daniel/Taylor engagement was cute, I'm sure they'll broadcast the wedding on tv. Dean seemed pretty sincere in feeling sorry about the love triangle. I wish Kristina would be the next Bachelorette, but she kind of left it open with Dean, and she is probably too young for it.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 09-13-17 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-13-17, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though I mostly watch the show for the National Geographic aspects of it, I would have to skip a season of Kristina. I like strong, intelligent women, not a woman who can't figure out where her man's head is while she's watching him straddling another woman in a pool. She's a good person with a sad background, and she's cute, but that doesn't make her a good lead.