Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hooten & the Lady (CW) -- treasure hunter adventure series

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 08:01 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Hooten & the Lady (CW) -- treasure hunter adventure series

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZIUEfpe86Ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Premiering Thursday, July 13 (9:00-10:00p.m. ET) and spanning eight hour-long episodes, HOOTEN & THE LADY tells the story of two globetrotting treasure hunters who set out to recover priceless legendary artifacts. Hooten is a smooth-talking, yet foolhardy, lone wolf, who often finds himself in sticky situations. Lady Alexandra is an aristocrat and British Museum curator who, despite being straight-laced, is eager to follow in the footsteps of history's great archaeologists and venture to uncharted lands. Meeting in the thick of the Amazon jungle, they form an unlikely partnership as they travel the globe in pursuit of hidden treasures. Natural opposites, they soon find they don't get on. However, expediency and danger draw them together as they head to locations including; Bhutan, Moscow, Rome and Egypt on the trail of mysterious missing relics. Hooten & The Lady is produced by Red Planet Pictures and the lead director is Colin Teague. It is executive produced by Tony Jordan and Simon Winstone for Red Planet Pictures and Cameron Roach for Sky, with Caroline Levy as series producer. This nail-biting series follows the escapades of maverick adventurer Hooten, played by Michael Landes ("CSI," "Love Soup") and fearless historical expert Lady Alexandra, portrayed by Ophelia Lovibond ("Elementary," "Guardians of the Galaxy").

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Michael Landes as Hooten
· Ophelia Lovibond as Lady Alexandra

CREW INFORMATION:
· Cameron Roach as EP
· Caroline Levy as PROD
· Colin Teague as DIR (Pilot)
· Simon Winstone as EP
· Tony Jordan as EP
This originally aired on Sky1.

Last edited by dex14; 07-17-17 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-13-17, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
Re: Hooten & the Lady (CW) -- treasure hunter adventure series

I love me a good Indy/Uncharted style adventure. Might have to check this out.
Old 07-13-17, 09:26 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I love me a good Indy/Uncharted style adventure. Might have to check this out.

Looks vaguely familiar...
Old 07-14-17, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I liked this one quite a bit. It was a shameless ripoff of Romancing the Stone but I liked those movies and this one worked pretty well. A few good laughs. I'll watch again.
Old 07-17-17, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well my wife and daughter liked it, so we're along for the ride. A tad confusing as to where they were wandering jungle-wise (you figure they might be able to re-find Zed from the helicopter black box if it had one) but likely due the "check your brain" style plotting.
Old 07-17-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

This had to have been made for international syndication purposes with the nudity and language. It felt nothing like a modern Hollywood production and everything like an adventure series from the 1980s.

The CW must have optioned it to fill their summer schedule. It wasn't bad in a fun retro sense. You just don't see this formula much more on the air.
Old 07-28-17, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This had to have been made for international syndication purposes with the nudity and language.
These episodes orginially aired on SKY 1 (A general entertainment channel operated in the United Kingdom and Ireland) from 16th September, 2016, to 4th November, 2016.

Just heard that the show is moving from Thursday nights at 9:00 pm ET to Monday nights at 9:00 pm ET - starting this Monday, July 31 with the fourth episode ""Bhutan".
(Guess they are hoping Supergirl repeats is a better lead-in than new episodes of Penn & Teller: Fool Us. Looks like CW is doing a variety night as two episodes - first one a new one - of "Whose Line is It Anyway" airs from 9:00 pm ET to 10:00 pm ET on Thursdays - at least the next two Thursdays.)

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-28-17 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-01-17, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts

I'm enjoying this quite a bit. Hooten should be played by Bruce Campbell though. Going in, I didn't realize who the actress was. Nice to see Kitty from Elementary getting a leading role.
Old 08-01-17, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I'm enjoying this quite a bit. Hooten should be played by Bruce Campbell though. Going in, I didn't realize who the actress was. Nice to see Kitty from Elementary getting a leading role.
I think that actor is trying to channel Bruce Campbell in the role.
Old 08-02-17, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Bruce Campbell should play his long lost father.