DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Challenge XXX: Dirty Thirty (MTV) -- Premieres 7-18-17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/640426-challenge-xxx-dirty-thirty-mtv-premieres-7-18-17-a.html)

Bill Needle 08-17-17 08:47 PM

Re: The Challenge XXX: Dirty Thirty (MTV) -- Premieres 7-18-17

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13137221)
I love Jenna. She's one of my all-time favorites. Great looking and she kicks ass in Challenges. She also has a really good attitude (unless it's a puzzle or eating challenge).

I thought they really drug this episode out though. It seemed like there was a commercial break every five minutes. Do they have more episodes this season? It seems like they were trying to make this a filler episode. They could easily have fit the Redemption Challenge in in 30 mins and then have another challenge at the end of the episode.

I agree with all of this, especially the part about Jenna. I don't think she's dumb, but she just has a dose of adorably cute ditziness to her because she is not constantly running game and is a lot smarter than they tend to present her. I still can't believe the loser she was dating when she first showed up on RW.

fumanstan 08-17-17 11:14 PM

I guess it depends on how you define dumb, but she's given some answers and responses in those interview sequences where she definitely isn't the brightest :p She's a very good competitor though, her size helps a lot and obviously keeps fit.

Bill Needle 08-18-17 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13137739)
I guess it depends on how you define dumb, but she's given some answers and responses in those interview sequences where she definitely isn't the brightest :p She's a very good competitor though, her size helps a lot and obviously keeps fit.

Didn't she actually win the challenge on another season?

I guess what I mean is that I think her apparent lack of smarts is more due to a personality trait than a true mental deficiency. And she is hot...so teh hot. :drool:

boogieman03 08-23-17 03:12 PM

rotfl
There must have been something else they edited out, because there's no way that rap dis was enough to piss off the entire house.

fumanstan 08-23-17 11:38 PM

Really? I thought it made sense to me, insulting someone with the use of down syndrome seems messed up but Jordan's actions afterwards didn't help.

Bill Needle 08-25-17 01:00 AM

Sanctimony is a hell of a drug.

Goat3001 08-25-17 06:52 AM

While I do think Jordan was in the wrong with his comment, I just can't stand it when Aneesa gets on her high horse. I found myself siding with Jordan even though he was objectively wrong and the shitty person in the situation.

mwbmis 08-29-17 10:30 PM

Glad Aneesa is gone. Disappointed that she is not completely gone yet.

If you are going to end your episode on a cliffhanger, it's probably a bad idea to start the next episode preview showing all remaining contestants before the next challenge. Gee, I wonder who wins between Cory and Hunter.

leeta 08-29-17 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis (Post 13145921)
Glad Aneesa is gone. Disappointed that she is not completely gone yet.

If you are going to end your episode on a cliffhanger, it's probably a bad idea to start the next episode preview showing all remaining contestants before the next challenge. Gee, I wonder who wins between Cory and Hunter.

Exactly. I just came on to post this. Unbelievable.

windom 08-29-17 11:21 PM

Luckily I wasn't paying close attention to the preview. Don't spoil it!

fumanstan 08-30-17 09:08 AM

I didn't pay close enough attention either.

JZ1276 08-30-17 09:55 AM

Yup, I paused it on the preview where they show the entire group. Why would they do that?
What's up with Ammo choosing to leave for his 'mental health'??
Guy definitely shouldnt be invited back to do another challenge.

windom 08-30-17 10:19 AM

Yeah, it didn't look like Ammo had any real medical issue other than maybe having a breakdown over losing. Maybe next time he should choose to compete against the girls.

Bill Needle 08-30-17 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 13146088)
What's up with Ammo choosing to leave for his 'mental health'?? Guy definitely shouldnt be invited back to do another challenge.

Good riddance to that contemptible lowlife. Please let that be the last he is ever heard from.

Unclejosh 08-30-17 01:19 PM

Ammo released a statement last week that he was raped by his partner and being blindfolded and roughed up and manhandled brought up some PTSD and really messed him up.

boogieman03 08-30-17 02:28 PM

:jawdrop:

Originally Posted by Unclejosh (Post 13146285)
Ammo released a statement last week that he was raped by his partner and being blindfolded and roughed up and manhandled brought up some PTSD and really messed him up.

Bill Needle 08-30-17 06:08 PM

Given the kind of person he is I have no doubt he is lying. On the bright side, it's basically irrelevant because I couldn't possibly think any less of him.

Goat3001 08-31-17 07:05 AM

Aneesa Paul Pierced herself into elimination :lol:

lwhy? 08-31-17 12:16 PM

Aneesa needs to hang it up and retire. She's been in 12 Challenges and the best she has ever done was place 3rd. She's only won $24,000 in 12 seasons.... They kept talking about her elimination record. She's 8-8 which is 50%... Also, I did not know that Veronica was bi and dated Rachel for 3 years until today. I'm so glad Ammo is gone. I hope he never gets a call from casting ever again. I'm glad I didn't pay attention to the promo for next week too. I have no idea who wins the male elimination. I'm excited for Trivia next week. These guys are pretty dumb. I can't wait to see the easy questions that they miss.

fumanstan 08-31-17 01:03 PM

Yeah, Aneesa isn't a particularly great competitor and always seem to get in people's business with a holier that thou attitude, so I could do without her.

Veronica/Rachel seemed to always be hinted at but never flat out admitted, unless I'm mistaken. It was obvious they were kind of a thing and always together on a few challenges.

lwhy? 08-31-17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13147075)
Yeah, Aneesa isn't a particularly great competitor and always seem to get in people's business with a holier that thou attitude, so I could do without her.

Veronica/Rachel seemed to always be hinted at but never flat out admitted, unless I'm mistaken. It was obvious they were kind of a thing and always together on a few challenges.

I have only watched the last 10-15 seasons of The Challenge. So, I'm a bit in the dark about the earlier seasons. I wish there was a way to pay to stream them for a flat monthly rate, but it looks like you have to buy them by the episode on Amazon which is just too much money in my opinion.

dex14 08-31-17 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by lwhy? (Post 13147118)
I have only watched the last 10-15 seasons of The Challenge. So, I'm a bit in the dark about the earlier seasons. I wish there was a way to pay to stream them for a flat monthly rate, but it looks like you have to buy them by the episode on Amazon which is just too much money in my opinion.

Alot are on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6CRDjtht9n-t1D

I think I started during Battle of the Seasons.

lwhy? 08-31-17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13147135)
Some are on YouTube.

I think I started during Battle of the Seasons.

I just tried to find the first season and Viacom has blocked the first episode....

mwbmis 08-31-17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 13147075)

I only really remember their threesome with Abram.

Goat3001 09-07-17 08:59 AM

Trivia episodes are usually the highlight for me but this one was no good. They cut out most of the questions on the guys side and there weren't any blatantly dumb answers outside of Jenna's minor one. I'd say the best part of the challenge was shit for brains Kailah and Hunter setting up the order completely backwards.

No good drama on top of that but the elimination challenge was pretty good. I think they should introduce a new twist where you have to stay in the redemption house with Aneesa and Cory and if you don't blow your brains out in 24 hours you get a million dollars.