Arrow (S5E21) -- "Honor Thy Fathers" -- 5/10/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-17, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Arrow (S5E21) -- "Honor Thy Fathers" -- 5/10/17

WEDNESDAY, MAY 10

ARROW

"Honor Thy Fathers" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

CHASE CONTINUES TO TORMENT OLIVER - Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns to the mayor's office and faces one of his most pressing issues yet - the forced release of dozens of violent criminals prosecuted by Adrian Chase (Josh Segarra). Meanwhile, a crate is delivered to Oliver's office containing a mysterious corpse encased in concrete. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Sarah Tarkoff (#521). Original airdate 5/10/2017.

Episode 21 of 23
Old 05-10-17, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Arrow (S5E21) -- "Honor Thy Fathers" -- 5/10/17

Oh, I get it. This is an episode were murder is such a taboo thing that makes someone a bad person even though the gang is now just running around with guns and laser shooting/exploding robots.

I mean, the video kinda looked like it was an accident in a tussle. Opposed to the year or two were Oliver was straight up killing dudes on his father's hit list..... but Oliver had no idea he was a murderer... THE HORROR!
Old 05-11-17, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

So Chase is in prison for the moment. Was this his plan all along?
Old 05-11-17, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

seems to be the case. Again, this show is so inconsistent with it's moral/ethical code, that it just doesn't matter anymore.
Old 05-11-17, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

If they're going to have Willa Holland only appear every other episode, they might as well stop paying her series regular money. Just have her guest star in maybe a handful of episodes. I read she only agreed to appear in 14 of the 23 episodes this season.

I don't see the point of having Thea on this show anymore. Great she came back and did nothing worthwhile.

While this season was an improvement over season 4, I'm ready for this Prometheus/Adrian Chase arc to end.

and they seriously need to lose the flashbacks. Other than seeing a glimpse of Deathstroke's helmet, it added nothing to this episode.
Old 05-12-17, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I don't foresee them dropping the flashbacks at this point. Many producers are scared to death of leaving a once-successful formula in the dust.

They'll probably add another couple supporting characters. That seems to be the pat answer for Arrowverse shows whenever they hit a snag.
Old 05-12-17, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't foresee them dropping the flashbacks at this point. Many producers are scared to death of leaving a once-successful formula in the dust.

They'll probably add another couple supporting characters. That seems to be the pat answer for Arrowverse shows whenever they hit a snag.
Producers have repeatedly said they were only going to do 5 years of flashbacks. Unless they backtrack completely, they are gone.
Old 05-12-17, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Oh, I get it. This is an episode were murder is such a taboo thing that makes someone a bad person even though the gang is now just running around with guns and laser shooting/exploding robots.

I mean, the video kinda looked like it was an accident in a tussle. Opposed to the year or two were Oliver was straight up killing dudes on his father's hit list..... but Oliver had no idea he was a murderer... THE HORROR!
Have they ever implied they're not shooting real bullets? I hate that the rank and file get mowed down then when they corner Merlyn or whoever it's like morality/can't kill guys with lines.
Old 05-16-17, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Producers have repeatedly said they were only going to do 5 years of flashbacks. Unless they backtrack completely, they are gone.
Well, they said no powers, ever, and we saw how long that lasted...

Originally Posted by cleaver
Have they ever implied they're not shooting real bullets? I hate that the rank and file get mowed down then when they corner Merlyn or whoever it's like morality/can't kill guys with lines.
I've was thinking the same thing, that they were using rubber bullets or some other kind of non-lethal ordinance, but Zombie had a shitload of bullet holes in him so apparently not. I guess the Star City police are OK with team Arrow running around murdering people- just as long as they are criminals...
Old 05-16-17, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
So Chase is in prison for the moment. Was this his plan all along?
I imagine a situation with Oliver's son will be revealed and Prometheus/Chase will be innocently sitting behind bars.
Old 05-16-17, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Chase certainly acted like it was all according to plan.