TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gotham (S3E16) -- "Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions" -- 5/1/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Gotham (S3E16) -- "Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions" -- 5/1/17

THE PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, MAY 1, ON FOX

Ben McKenzie Directs His First Episode of GOTHAM!

The Court of Owls devises a new plan regarding the future of Gotham, as Gordon uncovers information about his father and uncle's past, connecting him back to the organization. Meanwhile, Bruce wakes up in the temple and learns of the Shaman's wish for him in the all-new "Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, May 1 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-316) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Jessica Lucas as Tabitha Galavan, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Maggie Geha as the future Poison Ivy, Michael Chiklis as Detective Nathaniel Barnes, Benedict Samuel as Mad Hatter

Guest Cast: James Remar as Frank Gordon, John Doman as Carmine Falcone, Raymond J. Barry as Temple Shaman, Leslie Hendrix as Kathryn

Episode 16 of 22
Old 05-01-17, 09:06 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Gotham (S3E16) -- "Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions" -- 5/1/17

"Wrong kid died!"
Old 05-03-17, 07:48 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Re: Gotham (S3E16) -- "Heroes Rise: These Delicate and Dark Obsessions" -- 5/1/17

Cool... Arlo Givens is in this show now... so can Bruce get out of Gotham alive?
Old 05-03-17, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ivy is growing on me So clone Bruce's whole purpose is just to be a stand-in while the real Bruce gets turned into Batman?

Looks like they are fast tracking the show to get each character to the point where fans would expect them to be.
Old 05-03-17, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

I'm seeing where this show is on the bubble for cancellation, which might explain why Bruce is now in training. If there's another season, will we get a time jump so Bruce can start down the vigilante path? I imagine the series finale would be donning the cowl for the first time, but I'm sure some Batman Year One type stuff would come first.
Old 05-03-17, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Ivy is growing on me So clone Bruce's whole purpose is just to be a stand-in while the real Bruce gets turned into Batman?

Looks like they are fast tracking the show to get each character to the point where fans would expect them to be.
I think Ivy is great. I don't think that's the Owls' ("Court of Owls" ) purpose for using the clone, but that's what it will end up being.
Old 05-04-17, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
I'm seeing where this show is on the bubble for cancellation, which might explain why Bruce is now in training. If there's another season, will we get a time jump so Bruce can start down the vigilante path? I imagine the series finale would be donning the cowl for the first time, but I'm sure some Batman Year One type stuff would come first.
I can see why, the show takes too long of a winter break. It was off the air for what, a couple of months this season?
Old 05-04-17, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I can see why, the show takes too long of a winter break. It was off the air for what, a couple of months this season?
Yeah, two breaks this year, a month in a half leading up to the 3 episode Joker arc, then a 3 month "mid-season" break. The first two seasons were much more reasonable, S1 I think had two separate one month breaks; S2 a single two month break. I really enjoy this show, but the schedule has really hurt it.
Old 05-04-17, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I'm not sure I'm liking where this is heading. A faction of the Court of Owls is putting Bruce on the path to become Batman?

BTW: Jim Gordon is still a scumbag.
Old 05-05-17, 05:14 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Who was the ninja guy at the docks who killed Barbara's henchmen ?
Old 05-05-17, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Maybe I remembering incorrectly, but I think we have seen that owl masked swordsman before. I don't think he has a name. He just shows up and does his thing.
Old 05-05-17, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
In the Comics, The Court had ninja-like soldiers called Talons, -or maybe it was just one, -and he was spun-off into a limited series called "Talon". Maybe that's where this comes from....