TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E17) -- Season Finale -- "Aruba" -- 4/4/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-17, 03:57 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (S2E17) -- Season Finale -- "Aruba" -- 4/4/17

Garber is a great actor, who is totally wasted here.
Old 04-09-17, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I did like a legion of Reverse-Flashes showing up. This kind of finale is the price LOT pays for being a lighter show that doesn't take itself too seriously. Dramatic developments are harder to accept when they finally happen.

I wonder what the cast will look like next season. Would anyone be upset if they axed Firestorm completely? Since the producers have to constantly sideline him in battles, it's a wasted character.
I wouldn't miss him. I would miss Garber but I've never liked the Jeffeson version of Firestorm and miss Robbie Amell. Personally I would like them to either jettison Firestorm, or keep Garber and maybe fuse him and his daughter together.
Old 04-10-17, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts

For me, EVERYONE can be swapped out with the exception of Rory and Nate.

Stay:
Rory/Heat Wave...I like his struggle to be bad when good is in him. Also, he just seems like he's kinda having fun and..has nothing better to do.
Nate/Steel...Looove him as the team Historian. Also he's a funny guy and I've been a fan of the "Steel" character since the JSA run a few years back.

Can Go:
White Canary...Good Leader but whatever...
Firestorm...One of my FAVORITE DC heroes in any incarnation and I love Jax/Stein...I would hate for him/them to leave. But the show isn't letting him live to his full potential. He is a powerhouse who could easily end a lot of the situations they find themselves in.
Ray/Atom...I always loved Brandon Routh being back in the DC universe. But This goofy version of The Atom is ok, but not my fave. I HATE the Iron Man suit and Goofy Ray makes me cringe at times. I would swap him for a Ted Kord/Blue Beetle if they want a goofy Tech Guy Genius. To me Ray can be fun but not goofy.
Rip Hunter...I think he'd be ok in a "guest star" role. Not a weekly thing. But...I will say I thought he was fun when he was "evil".
Old 04-10-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

For me Rory and Sara are the best parts of the show. I like Amaya too. She is rather easy on the eyes but wish she could use her real accent.
Old 04-10-17, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

I'd probably drop both Firestorm and the Atom if I had my way. Both are weak incarnations of those characters. I suspect the CW views Routh as one of LOT's big stars, so he isn't going anywhere.

I'd take either Wally or Jesse Quick from The Flash on LOT. Wally would probably be a better fit for the lighter LOT.

The DC superhero I'm adding to LOT is...

Spoiler:
Adam Strange.

He'd introduce a ton of storytelling possibilities and could be practically used each week on a CW series.
Old 04-11-17, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
For me, EVERYONE can be swapped out with the exception of Rory and Nate.

I'd take either Wally or Jesse Quick from The Flash on LOT. Wally would probably be a better fit for the lighter LOT.
I would agree with GiantRobo except Sara/Canary does need to stay. Maybe she doesn't make the likeable decisions, or even the right ones all the time, but as the leader...she serves the role better than anybody else at this point.

It frustrates me the way Firestorm (he is also one of my favorite DC characters) is hardly used, and I'm also on board with getting rid of the both of them. They've done a fine job, but like everybody else said they are neutered beyond belief. An ARROW...really...that was just the icing on the cake.

I would like a speedster as well on this team. If they get rid of Firestorm, Wally is a perfect fit. If Firestorm stays, Jesse Quick probably works better (provided Amaya goes). Another villain/in the middle might be a good idea too since it worked so well with Rory (and Snart for that matter)...but I would have to think for a little bit who that might be.
Old 04-11-17, 11:18 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I would keep Ray, Sara, Rory, and Nate.

I doubt they would add a speedster as a full time member of LOT... then what's the point of The Flash?

I'd rather see them bring in Constantine and Ragman.

Just don't bring back the Hawks.
Old 04-11-17, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robin2099
I've never liked the Jeffeson version of Firestorm and miss Robbie Amell.
This I just don't get. There was nothing memorable about Amell's performance as a character whose only defining trait was that he was Caitlyn's boyfriend what died.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Ray/Atom...I always loved Brandon Routh being back in the DC universe. But This goofy version of The Atom is ok, but not my fave. I HATE the Iron Man suit and Goofy Ray makes me cringe at times. I would swap him for a Ted Kord/Blue Beetle if they want a goofy Tech Guy Genius.
The producers wanted Blue Beetle but were shot down by WB's movie division, which was mulling a Blue & Gold feature at the time. They kept the persona but used the name provided them by Warner - who wanted to steal Ant-Man's thunder.

So Ray is already Ted in everything but name.
Old 04-11-17, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Preterite
This I just don't get. There was nothing memorable about Amell's performance as a character whose only defining trait was that he was Caitlyn's boyfriend what died.
I agree. There's a better dynamic with Jax and Stein here. The total opposites offer a nice balance to the Firestorm character.

The producers wanted Blue Beetle but were shot down by WB's movie division, which was mulling a Blue & Gold feature at the time. They kept the persona but used the name provided them by Warner - who wanted to steal Ant-Man's thunder.

So Ray is already Ted in everything but name.

I see....
Old 04-11-17, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Preterite
But he was white!

But yeah, I was surprised when Eddie and Caitlyn's relationship was noted as one of the better ones. I don't agree at all.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 04-11-17 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-11-17, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The loss of Blue Beetle was crippling. Routh makes far more sense as Blue Beetle than the Atom.
Old 04-11-17, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

The loss of Blue Beetle was crippling. Routh makes far more sense as Blue Beetle than the Atom.
We've already had multiple references to Kord Industries in the Arrowverse so it's unfortunate that their version of The Atom pretty much replaces him.

Metamorpho could show up as Stagg industries exists (although the FX costs would probably make him too expensive to use).

Kamandi is still a good choice, at least for a guest appearance.

How about Roy/Aresenal? It's not like he's doing anything else anyways...
Old 04-11-17, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just think that Garber and Amell had more chemistry together than Franz and Garber do. Plus I think that Franz is an awful actor. He's always trying to act tough and serious and it's hard for me to accept. The scene when he was going to shoot Rip being a good example

But he was white!
There's no need to fear, the social just warrior is here! Oh Mickey, good thing your here to make everything about race or sexuality when not a single person other than you makes an issue of it.

As for the show, I would keep Sara, Palmer, Mick and Nate. I'd jettison Firestorm and Amaya. I like Amaya but like Hawkgirl and Hawkman in season one her story is over and she doesn't really need to be on this show.

I'd like them to add either Constantine, Ms. Martian, Vigilante depending on who he is unmasked as, Jesse Quick, or possibly Gypsy. I don't think Wally would fit the show well. Booster Gold is a pipe dream, as is Jason Blood.
Old 04-12-17, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Jason Blood would be incredible but we are never getting Etrigan on a television budget. I'd suggest Zatanna or Doctor Fate as a wild card on the team.
Old 04-12-17, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I can't stand Wally so please do not put him in LoT (and dump him immediately from The Flash).

I wouldn't mind Serinda Swan reprising her role as Zatanna.

Doctor Fate is absurdly overpowered for this team, unless they repeat the stupid theatrics required to neuter Firestorm.
Old 04-12-17, 05:39 PM
Banned

How about Ragman? Sort of lower on the mystical hero totem-pole, and on hiatus from Arrow.
Old 04-13-17, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by robin2099
Seems like it would have been a perfect time to introduce Kamandi, or The Lost Land of the Warlord.
That would be hilarious if they did introduce Travis Morgan and have Stephen Amell play him.

Old 04-13-17, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 04-13-17, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Constantine would be cool. The Justice League animated shorts seem to be using a lot of Constantine, Zatanna and Etrigan (ok kids, rhyme along with me ... then speak backwards.)
Old 06-06-17, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

From Comic Book Resources:

The CW has announced that Tala Ashe (American Odyssey) will join the cast as as Zari Adrianna Tomaz, a character better known to DC Comics fans — not to mention viewers of 1970s Saturday-morning television — as the superheroine Isis.

Ashe’s character is described by the network as a Muslim-American woman from the year 2030 who lives in a world of contradictions: “Technology has brought about incredible change in her future — too bad human nature hasn’t kept pace. Fear, prejudice and a lack of care for the planet have forced Zari to become a “’grey hat hacktivist.’ A computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude. A woman living a double life who doesn’t realize that she has secret, latent powers derived from an ancient, mystical source.”

That description deviates from both the heroine’s earlier TV roots and her more recent comic book origins while keeping the “ancient, mystical” elements.
Old 07-22-17, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Season 3 Trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qwGNep39atY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, some news:

http://deadline.com/2017/07/dcs-lege...ur-1202133785/

Neal McDonough (Damien Dahrk) is now a series regular.

Arthur Darvil (Rip) and Wentworth Miller (Snart) will be recurring guest stars
Old 07-22-17, 10:44 PM
Banned

Victor Garber is still the best part of this show.

It looks like we're going to see Mark Twain...
Old 07-27-17, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

B'Wana Beast. WOW!
Old 07-27-17, 01:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by will travel
B'Wana Beast. WOW!
Next up: Animal Man (for the hat-trick).
Old 07-27-17, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So is B'Wana Beast going to be Vixen's love interest?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.