TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-17, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Invasion of the Champions (MTV) -- premieres 2/7/17

Originally Posted by windom
Yeah...Kenny coming back will never happen.
Kenny and Evan were banned when Tonya sued the show.

Here's an article that talks about it. http://www.theashleysrealityroundup....st-appearance/

Also, all the cast gets $1500 a week to be on the show and Bananas gets $60,000 just to show up.
Old 02-24-17, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

I forgot about that. Was the banning justified? I kinda remember what happened.

Kenny was always a dick and Tonya always came across as slutty. Evan seemed like a nice guy from what I remember. Was there a settlement or did Tonya win the lawsuit?

Regarding Bananas...if he can get $60K from just showing up, good for him. Pretty awesome job to get to travel the world to participate in crazy challenges, get drunk and look at 20-something half naked women all the time.
Old 02-24-17, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, for all the people here that seemed to always complain that these people should get real jobs or whatever, I imagine someone like Bananas has managed to make a decent living out of it.
Old 02-24-17, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I forgot about that. Was the banning justified? I kinda remember what happened.
Tonya received a settlement so I guess they didn't want to risk having Kenny and Evan back.

http://www.eonline.com/news/357077/r...attery-lawsuit
Old 02-24-17, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

Not to derail a ton but did Evan or Kenny ever speak about the assault she alleged?
Old 02-24-17, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not to derail a ton but did Evan or Kenny ever speak about the assault she alleged?
They are not allowed to under the settlement agreement. Bananas spoke out about it last year: http://screenertv.com/television/the...evan-starkman/
Old 03-01-17, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Khaila pissing the bed.
Old 03-01-17, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Susie and Sarah (who were both in the room) talked about it on their podcast too. They described it as inappropriate and sexual misconduct, but also said there was no assault..i.e, no touching and that Tanya, who doesn't remember anything about that night, was told untrue things by Wes, Katie and Veronica.

Susie actually questioned Sarah about how she can be friends with Wes knowing how he lied about that.
Old 03-01-17, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah it is interesting that both Susie and Sarah (who has history with sexual abuse and is an victim's advocate) defend Kenny and Evan on this. Add the fact that Tonya herself has no idea what happened and is relying on 3rd party information about the incident it is a very weird situation. I can see Wes and even Katie possibly exaggerating what may have happened due to their dislike of Kenny and Evan(mostly Kenny) but Veronica is what gives credence to it actually happening considering she hated Tonya and fought her on the same show and Tonya got kicked out as a result. Did Veronica actually witness it, or is going off what Wes and Katie said and believing it happened.

Susie also hates Tonya (remember the I Hate Tonya game she created?) so maybe she would be more willing to let behavior go that if done to her or her friend would be totally different.

I mean Susie was the one who assaulted a male cast member because he jokingly said he was gonna climb in her bed.

It is all very confusing and I go back and forth on who to believe.
Old 03-01-17, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh
Susie also hates Tonya (remember the I Hate Tonya game she created?) so maybe she would be more willing to let behavior go that if done to her or her friend would be totally different.

I mean Susie was the one who assaulted a male cast member because he jokingly said he was gonna climb in her bed.
Susie is also a past victim of sexual assault. Neither Susie nor Sarah are shrinking violets so I just don't think they would have stood there and let it happen and then cover it up afterwards.
Old 03-01-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by boogieman03

Khaila pissing the bed.
Pretty embarassing to have that happen on TV. While I don't necessarily blame Cory for dropping her just like that, the stuff he said afterwards about not really caring about her anyway was a dick move. Didn't he do that to Aneesa also a season or two ago, brushing off the fling like it was nothing?

The 6v4 challenge kind of sucked, was way too imbalanced for the champs.
Old 03-01-17, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Susie is also a past victim of sexual assault. Neither Susie nor Sarah are shrinking violets so I just don't think they would have stood there and let it happen and then cover it up afterwards.
I know which makes it all so weird. I listen to their podcast and watch their YouTube stuff. Plus when you hear reports that it was caught on tape but BM either lost it or wouldn't provide it is kinda sketchy. That could be a total rumor though. I know they said they investigated and was baseless but the settling and banning Kenny and Evan is suspicious. I know companies settle all the time and it may only mean it was cheaper and easier to do so than meaning it actually happened, but why would they agree to ban arguably their biggest star at the time from future challenges? I know MTV has had him on shows since but not the actual challenge which is produced by BM so something seems off. I think they did something that if seen would be a PR nightmare and a lot of people would probably be horrified especially in our current overreacting and find guilty without evidence climate.
Old 03-01-17, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Pretty embarassing to have that happen on TV. While I don't necessarily blame Cory for dropping her just like that, the stuff he said afterwards about not really caring about her anyway was a dick move. Didn't he do that to Aneesa also a season or two ago, brushing off the fling like it was nothing?

Cory is definitely a dick towards women when he feels he is done with them. He was a jerk to Jenny on his season after he banged her. She is guilty of stuff to in that case but he could have been the bigger man.

No kidding. Imagine if say Derrick and Brad or even Wes was there to even up the sides? The underdogs would have been smoked badly.

Same if Evelyn and Emily were on the Champ women's side? totally different game.
Old 03-01-17, 06:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If I didnt come across this thread I would have never known this started. My Tivo never auto records these when they premiere because the titles are never the same.
Old 03-01-17, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Challenge/elimination. How hard is that to do in an episode. I understand pushing the elimination to the beginning of the next episode if something truly unusual happens in the house, but that didn't happen last night.
Old 03-02-17, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Anyone check out MTV's Survivor ripoff "Stranded with a Million Dollars?" It was pretty interesting and I liked they way they have laid out the rules.
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.
I actually found myself watching "Stranded" before watching the "Challenge" this week. I don't see that changing.
Old 03-02-17, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

6 on 4 was stupid. Should've waited a week to do that challenge.

Ashley K in that bathing suit with her ass cheeks hanging out. Yes, please.
Old 03-02-17, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree that this week's challenge was totally unfair. If it was 4 on 4 the Underdogs would have gotten smoked. Did anyone see the promo that MTV had asking for people to vote on who they would like to see from Stranded appear on The Challenge? It looks like Stranded is going to be another pipeline to The Challenge.
Old 03-02-17, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan

I agree. Cory was a dick for saying that about her. What a punk.
Old 03-07-17, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shane uses physics. Tony probably can't even spell fizzics.
Old 03-08-17, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Yeah, science bitch!

That couldn't have turned out any better. Now Tony can get right back to working towards creating his next broken home. And Kailah can stick to being known for her role in the most contemptible cast in the history of The Real World.
Old 03-08-17, 11:00 AM

So....Jenna gets busy on a plane, or she got fingered on a plane?
Old 03-08-17, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Surprised Tony and Kailah got outsmarted. When he started breaking down at the end in the talking head couldn't help but laugh. Must be tormenting him figuring how to afford child support.
Old 03-08-17, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Yeah, science bitch!

That couldn't have turned out any better. Now Tony can get right back to working towards creating his next broken home. And Kailah can stick to being known for her role in the most contemptible cast in the history of The Real World.
You still seem really harsh on Tony, since i've seen you bring that up a few times now. He was saying all the right things on the show compared to the previous seasons, especially after seeing Nelson's drunk behavior, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now... but maybe I don't hold having a kid with different women as poorly as you do, especially if the father actually stays in the picture.
Old 03-08-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03

So....Jenna gets busy on a plane, or she got fingered on a plane?
Kailah who was sitting next to Jenna on the plane says it is bull. Basically it sounds like Ashley Brooke made it up, Amanda overheard it and ran with it being the gossip twat she is telling everyone to try and stir up stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.