Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-16, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

Originally Posted by Coral
They already knew they were laregely outnumbered, but I guess Michone now discovered about how severely they're outnumbered.

Now that Daryl is back, and I'm sure that's going to piss off Negan - why don't they just get just take off already? It's obvious the Saviours aren't watching them - because we're seeing Rick and the gang come and go as they please.

The odds are stacked against them - and even if they do win, they stand to lose a lot of people in the fight. Just take off in the middle of the night... split up into numerous groups and go in different directions and meet up somewhere a week or two later far away from the Saviours. Sure, the Saviours have Eugene now - who cares? Better to lose 1 person than 5, 10 or everyone.
They almost all died on the road before being brought to Alexandria. They also don't know what other roads are being watched in other directions. Of course, you are also assuming they are free to roam around simply because they arrived at the hilltop without incident.
Old 12-13-16, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E08) -- Midseason Finale (86 mins) -- "Hearts Still Beating"

So are the gang going to kicked out that asshole Gregory out of the mansion? Hope so.
Old 12-13-16, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Despite all her impressive stunt work, I was hoping Tara would've been offed this episode. I guess there's always the second half of the season to look forward to.
Old 12-13-16, 01:19 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56
So are the gang going to kicked out that asshole Gregory out of the mansion? Hope so.
That guy is going to run straight to Negan in order to try to ingratiate himself and warn of the impending revolution. Unless Rick kills him first.
Old 12-13-16, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
That guy is going to run straight to Negan in order to try to ingratiate himself and warn of the impending revolution. Unless Rick kills him first.
I would love to see Gregory get the same treatment as Spencer. Can't imagine Gregory running to him is going to change the reaction that will already be in place after discovering Daryl has escaped. They know Alexandria and Hilltop are working together.
Old 12-13-16, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
They almost all died on the road before being brought to Alexandria. They also don't know what other roads are being watched in other directions. Of course, you are also assuming they are free to roam around simply because they arrived at the hilltop without incident.
Well they're not telling/showing us anything... no conversation or anything to indicate they are being watched. All we see are characters running off into any direction they want and no one knowing where they are - not even the Saviours. They go scavenging for long periods of time and I don't see anyone following them or watching. Michone walked for a while, set up a road-block with walkers and hijacked a car - didn't see anyone paying attention to that.

And if they can get to Hilltop without any issues - why can't they go beyond there?

Based on what we're seeing, they are free to roam... and the only assumption being made is from those who think they aren't. There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't escape in the middle of the night. Looks like a pretty simple solution.
Old 12-13-16, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Maybe Negan will use a hook on Gregory.
Old 12-13-16, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well they're not telling/showing us anything... no conversation or anything to indicate they are being watched. All we see are characters running off into any direction they want and no one knowing where they are - not even the Saviours. They go scavenging for long periods of time and I don't see anyone following them or watching. Michone walked for a while, set up a road-block with walkers and hijacked a car - didn't see anyone paying attention to that.

And if they can get to Hilltop without any issues - why can't they go beyond there?

Based on what we're seeing, they are free to roam... and the only assumption being made is from those who think they aren't. There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't escape in the middle of the night. Looks like a pretty simple solution.
If we do see a coordinated effort to fight back against Negan we may get some details then. For example, how they take out any scouts/lookouts allowing for the element of surprise. Or not.
Old 12-13-16, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
If we do see a coordinated effort to fight back against Negan we may get some details then. For example, how they take out any scouts/lookouts allowing for the element of surprise. Or not.
You just gave away the next half season. It will be 7 epsiodes of intelligence gathering, testing the Saviors, and standing around in the woods. Episode 8 will just be the point where things start to happen. And spoiler] Negan will lean back while talking in each episode -- multiple times [/spoiler].
Old 12-13-16, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

They're not psychologically free to roam though. What they have shown us though is that the Saviors will show up at any time to collect and will even show up in the middle of the night to mess with a community that they have under their thumb (as shown a few episodes back at the Hilltop). That's how Negan has set things up to keep people constantly working for him and constantly in fear. The Saviors can be anywhere at any time, so if you try to move a whole community all at once, there's a significant risk of getting caught and suffering the punishment.
Old 12-13-16, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing that was confirmed by Jeffrey Dean Morgan when he was on Howard Stern a few weeks ago...

Spoiler:
Negan will be back next season. So, he's not getting killed in the 2nd half of this season.

Last edited by cfmoran13; 12-13-16 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-13-16, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

^

Old 12-13-16, 05:28 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
She must have had auto-aim enabled.
Old 12-13-16, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Didn't they already know this when they were captured though? I thought it came out they only got one of their outposts.
I don't think they knew just how big they were though. That's my take on it at least.

She must have had auto-aim enabled.
Aim bot!
Old 12-13-16, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Koby
Wasn't it already in the truck? Pretty sure Carl just picked up while back there...
Originally Posted by Cusm
He did and he even asked if he picked it because it looked cool as shit.
Thank you! You know us Walking Dead fans never pay attention to shit.
Old 12-13-16, 09:08 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

finally got around to watching this. sort of seemed that JDM toned down the annoying factor for Negan in this one. He came across as more menacing than previous episodes.
Old 12-13-16, 10:09 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

My favorite scene:

I'd love to own one of those pistols (Colt Python .357) but they're out of production and have become very pricey second hand. Maybe someday.
Old 12-13-16, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by funkyryno
My favorite scene:

I'd love to own one of those pistols (Colt Python .357) but they're out of production and have become very pricey second hand. Maybe someday.
Me too. The cheapest I've found for nickel 6" has been $3500, too much for me for used.
Old 12-14-16, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

The season seven midseason finale episode pulled in 10.58 million total viewers.

The episode was the lowest rated “Walking Dead” midseason finale since 2012. Deadline reported The episode was down 24% from last season’s winter finale episode
Old 12-14-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Interesting ratings report there. I'm a committed fan of The Walking Dead and will stay with it until the end, but the writers have clearly bungled the first half of this season and the slip in ratings reflects that.
Old 12-14-16, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

From Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temp...g_Dead_ratings

X axis = Viewers per episode (millions)
Y axis = episode
Old 12-14-16, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by kefrank
Interesting ratings report there. I'm a committed fan of The Walking Dead and will stay with it until the end, but the writers have clearly bungled the first half of this season and the slip in ratings reflects that.
All in all, I don't think it was that bad of a season. Well it was but that is because, as you say, the writers and show runners botched it. The material wasn't bad as a whole, it was the way it was presented. The singularly focused episodes killed any sense of continuity or momentum. I made the joke early on that every episode was going to be the pilot for a spinoff and that is how it felt. The story in each episode wasn't necessarily bad, but the overall story was too far removed.

The other major issue was the 90 minute episodes turned off viewers. Personally I don't have an issue with it IF you have enough story to justify it. Most times they did not. If you intercut the episodes, it lessens the impact of all the extra beats. I would love to see a fan edit that intercuts the stories from this season. However the episodes weren't written for that style of presentation, so I don't think you could pull it off after the fact with the existing material.
Old 12-14-16, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
From Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temp...g_Dead_ratings

X axis = Viewers per episode (millions)
Y axis = episode
Pretty sure you have your axes reversed there
Old 12-14-16, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Do you mean hatchets?
Old 12-14-16, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

^

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.