TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 7 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/16

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-16, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O (CBS) -- Season 7 Thread -- Premieres 9/23/16

Originally Posted by DJariya
Masi Oka (Max) is leaving the show. Episode 13 will be his last appearance: http://tvline.com/2016/11/17/hawaii-...ving-max-exit/
He should just hold out until the final season. Obviously, the show can't really move on without McGarrett.
Old 11-19-16, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Didn't really care for last night's episode. First off, Jerry was front and center and I thought it was a nonsense conspiracy themed show.
Old 11-19-16, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I liked last night's episode even though it focused on Jerry. It was tamer than the usual over-the-top antics we get with this show.
Old 12-17-16, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Newest episode should have been called "Chin Ho Kelly: Man on Fire"
Old 12-17-16, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Newest episode should have been called "Chin Ho Kelly: Man on Fire"
I'm glad the writers were realistic about the "I'm with the 5-0 task force out of Hawaii" claim. Nobody outside of Hawaii gives a shit haha
Old 12-18-16, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Really hoping the show has the balls to kill off Chin Ho, but I know it won't happen.
Old 12-20-16, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk God

I loved the midseason finale. Some great work by Daniel Dae Kim. Liked that it tied in to the previous episode with the Kono bag shootout.

That whole exchange with Sara was indeed pulled from the pages of Man on Fire. But it was still entertaining nevertheless.

I'm sure we can expect Steve, Danny, Kono and Lou to go guns blazing into the cartel compound to rescue Chin.
Old 12-22-16, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Really hoping the show has the balls to kill off Chin Ho, but I know it won't happen.
I thought they were going to eventually kill Chin like they did in the original series but I guess not.
Old 01-10-17, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk God

The resolution to the midseason cliffhanger felt really rushed. I thought it was handled quite clumsily.

Everything was wrapped in the 1st 10 minutes of the episode. Then they quickly moved on to your regular scheduled case of the week back in Hawaii.

and there was really no point for Adam to travel to Mexico and be in the episode.

Looks like next week is Max's last episode.
Old 01-10-17, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

The resolution to the midseason cliffhanger felt really rushed. I thought it was handled quite clumsily.

Everything was wrapped in the 1st 10 minutes of the episode. Then they quickly moved on to your regular scheduled case of the week back in Hawaii.

and there was really no point for Adam to travel to Mexico and be in the episode.
Haha, OK, I was wondering if it was just me. I don't even watch the show (anymore), and I thought the whole opening was weird. I only watched the first 10 minutes because my friend was the henchman being beat up by Steve at the beginning.

No Danny (he's "starting the car" ), this big brouhaha about Adam showing up only for him to do...nothing, and McGarrett being the only one shown rescuing Chin. It's like production said, OK, we've only got $5000 and 2 hours to shoot this resolution. Go!
Old 01-10-17, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheBang
Haha, OK, I was wondering if it was just me. I don't even watch the show (anymore), and I thought the whole opening was weird. I only watched the first 10 minutes because my friend was the henchman being beat up by Steve at the beginning.
My brother's friend is always playing an extra on the show. He would come by and show us episodes and point himself out in the background. He said he loves hanging out at the craft table and gorge himself while waiting.
Old 01-10-17, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This season has really gone down in terms of production, writing and even enthusiasm. The previous season may have been silly but at least entertaining. But I think this show is still doing in terms of ratings for Friday nights. I heard a new Magnum PI is being developed with a female lead.
Old 01-10-17, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cardiac161
I heard a new Magnum PI is being developed with a female lead.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/637...works-abc.html
Old 01-11-17, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like next week is Max's last episode.
I thought it was rushed too. You're right: there was no point for Adam to go to Mexico. Now that I think about it, there was no point to Chin Ho's niece being taken from him and later kidnapped because ultimately he gained custody of her anyway. It was just a big stall tactic.
Old 02-25-17, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

So this week's episode had a comedic variation of Wages of Fear/Sorcerer. LOL
Old 02-25-17, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno
Not familiar with those references, but it was very funny at times. Steve and Danny are at their best when they bicker.
Old 02-25-17, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Not familiar with those references, but it was very funny at times. Steve and Danny are at their best when they bicker.
Well then, the first thing you need to do is check out both of those movies (The Wages of Fear, Sorcerer).

I dug it though, it was a decent variation on that story. Hell, I remember the original MacGyver did a Wages of Fear copy, and didn't even adjust the plot. That was also transporting nitro to stop an oil well fire.
Old 02-26-17, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Orbi-Wan Techno
I had a problem with the show. Oh no there's no roads in or out and we'll have to jump from a plane, into unknown territory with unknown number of bad guys and we'll be completely on our own if something goes bad.
Then they wander thru the jungle, find the bad guys, an ATV and a truck - that they drive out. They would have taken 4 wheelers in or a 4x4 truck and with a couple more cops with them. Even if it was just some cops that could be collateral damage.
But let's get past all that, they decide to blow up the bomb. It's at 34 seconds. They jump in the truck, haul ass, and get maybe 40 feet in that amount of time. They could have run that far. In 30 seconds they would have been out of the bomb blast area.
At least they should try to be a little realistic where the viewer doesn't have to suspend all belief.
Old 02-26-17, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
Well then, the first thing you need to do is check out both of those movies (The Wages of Fear, Sorcerer).

I dug it though, it was a decent variation on that story. Hell, I remember the original MacGyver did a Wages of Fear copy, and didn't even adjust the plot. That was also transporting nitro to stop an oil well fire.
I told my wife, "if they have to cross a rickety suspension bridge, I'm going to lose it." Then they came to the creek, and had to build their own rickety bridge with boards, rope and a log conveniently anchored in the middle of the creek....
Old 03-05-17, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Hootie!
Old 03-10-17, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk God

FYI, for those unaware tomorrow's MacGyver will be a special crossover episode with H50

Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park guest star.

It's a self contained plot. I know most here probably aren't regular viewers of MacGyver. So you can watch this if you want another H50 fix tomorrow.

The reason they are able to do a crossover is because Peter Lenkov, H50's showrunner, is also the showrunner for MacGyver.
Old 03-19-17, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk God

The MacGyver crossover was fun.

They did leave things open for another crossover since Steve is supposedly acquainted with Jack (George Eads) from MacGyver.

Latest episode of H50 was actually quite dark. Dealt with Child slave sex trafficking. It was one of those very "personal" episodes, which affected Kono. They had a PSA at the end of the episode.

I do have to wonder if the Hawaiian Tourism board ever gets nervous about all the crime this show portrays that happens on the islands.
Old 03-19-17, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do have to wonder if the Hawaiian Tourism board ever gets nervous about all the crime this show portrays that happens on the islands.
I was actually thinking about that. The amount of terrorists, bio-hazards, chemical weapons, illegal arms cache, human trafficking, bomb explosions, drone strikes & mob presence; not to mention the shootouts in broad daylight in busy streets and the affinity of Al Qaeda cells to the islands makes you think Hawaii is the batshit crazy capital of the world.
Old 03-19-17, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 949 Likes on 723 Posts

I was expecting Kono to have some past that involved human trafficking, thus explaining her extremely personal reaction to the case. But yeah, all the way through it, I was thinking "gonna be a PSA at the end", and was proven quite correct. Actually though, it was one of the better H50 episodes; not nearly as absurd as most of the usual fare.
Old 06-30-17, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

JUNE 30, 2017 11:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
'Hawaii Five-0' Stars Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park Exiting Ahead of Season 8

There's a major change coming to CBS' Hawaii Five-0.

Original stars Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park will not be returning for the previously announced eighth season. Viewers will be updated on their characters, Chin Ho Kelly and Kono Kalakaua, in the season eight premiere set for Friday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m.

"I will never forget meeting Daniel while still writing the pilot and being certain there was no other actor who I'd want to play Chin Ho Kelly," showrunner Peter Lenkov said in a statement. "Needless to say, Daniel has been an instrumental part of the success of Hawaii Five-0 over the past seven seasons and it has personally been a privilege to know him. Grace’s presence gave Hawaii Five-0 a beauty and serenity to each episode. She was the consummate collaborator, helping build her character from day one. They will always be ohana [Hawaiian for "family"] to us, we will miss them and we wish them both all the best."

Kim and Park have been with the CBS reboot from the start, playing cousins on the Hawaii-set police procedural.

"We are so appreciative of Daniel and Grace's enormous talents, professional excellence and the aloha spirit they brought to each and every one of our 168 episodes. They’ve helped us build an exciting new Hawaii Five-0, and we wish them all the best and much success in their next chapters. Mahalo and a hui hou [until we meet again]," CBS said in a statement.

Season seven of Hawaii Five-0 ended with Kono (Park) on a plane en route to Carson City in a bid to further investigate a child sex trafficking ring. Chin, meanwhile, had an offer to start a San Francisco task force.

For his part, Kim has been focused on development, with his first series, the Freddie Highmore medical drama The God Doctor, picked up at ABC. Kim exec produces the Sony Pictures Television drama from David Shore.

Cast departures are nothing new for veteran series. This season, many returning shows faced license fee reductions — including ones produced in-house by networks' studio counterparts — in a bid to manage costs amid dwindling viewership and increased competition from cable and streaming platforms.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.