Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-18, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Re: MacGyver (CBS) -- S: Lucas Till, George Eads -- Series Thread

Eads doesn't seem to work/play well with others, as this isn't the first time he's had issues on set (similar things occurred on CSI), but he wasn't doing his career any favors being on MacGyver - it didn't ask much of him as an actor, which is probably why his frustration finally got the better of him.
Old 02-05-19, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

‘MacGyver’: Levy Tran Joins Cast Of CBS Series Following George Eads’ Exit

https://deadline.com/2019/02/macgyve...nt-1202549802/

EXCLUSIVE: Levy Tran (The Haunting of Hill House, Shameless) has been cast in a major recurring role on CBS’ action drama series MacGyver. She plays a new character that would help fill the void left by the departure of series co-lead George Eads.Tran, whose first episode airs February 15, will play Desiree Nguyen (Desi), who joins the Phoenix Foundation to protect MacGyver (Lucas Till) and his team on their global missions. As CBS often does on its shows, Tran is joining as a recurring. If the introduction of her character is successful and if MacGyver is renewed for a fourth season, CBS and producing studio CBS TV Studios have an option to make her a series regular and potential new co-lead opposite Till. Eads, whose character Jack Dalton had previously worked with Desi, made his exit from MacGyver in the most recent episode February. 1.

Tran most recently recurred on Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House. She is repped by Daniel Hoff Agency, LINK Entertainment and attorney Hirsch Wallerstein.
Old 02-06-19, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I'm probably one of the few who still watch this here. It's good weekend morning fodder while I'm cleaning up around the house. Sad to see Eads go but it certainly sounds like he didn't want to be there. I don't have high hopes for it getting renewed though.
Old 02-07-19, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
I'm probably one of the few who still watch this here. It's good weekend morning fodder while I'm cleaning up around the house. Sad to see Eads go but it certainly sounds like he didn't want to be there. I don't have high hopes for it getting renewed though.
We're still watching it and sad to see Eads go as well, especially for their pre-Phoenix background content. By the way, what happened with (err) second-banana's CIA girlfriend. One episode she agreed to move in and then the next, she's gone?