Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E01) -- "May the Best Generation Win" -- 9/21/16

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E01) -- "May the Best Generation Win" -- 9/21/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-16, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E01) -- "May the Best Generation Win" -- 9/21/

Originally Posted by mwbmis
The only real difference between generations is largely in the technology they were raised on vs. technology that was invented or became more widespread after people reached adulthood. For instance, my Mom never figured out how to program the VCR, now she has to figure out her Smart TV.
Exactly ... it's just another variation of "young versus old". Every generation, when young, goes through a phase where the older generation rolls their eyes at them from negative stereotypes. Baby Boomers were hippies. Gen X were slackers. Now it's the Millennials turn. I'm Gen X, and you can be sure if things like youtube, Facebook, Twitter and the like were around back then we'd have been all over it.
Old 09-22-16, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E01) -- "May the Best Generation Win" -- 9/21/

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
EW notes that they were evacuated to a room with just a concrete floor, and had eyes on them the entire time so they would not discuss the game or form alliances, so it sounds like if it were not for that giant tree crashing down and destroying one of the camps that they were almost as miserable in their evac shelter as they would have been in the cyclone.
No. I've been caught outside during a microburst. It's like a mini-cyclone. Rain hits you so hard it stings. Wind can knock you down. The area I was in sustained enough damage to be mentioned on the news. When I finally got home I had to dry everything in my wallet. I was so cold and wet, it felt like I had jumped into a lake. And I was only in it for 10 mins. Believe me, the evac shelter might've been uncomfortable but at least you're not in the middle of that cyclone.

Originally Posted by davidh777
I was annoyed when I thought they were bailing out the millennials for blowing off building their shelter, but they were helping both tribes.
Yeah, I noticed the Gen-Xers didn't finish their shelter either. Maybe since the Mils won the challenge, they edited for balance?
Old 09-22-16, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Interesting twists with the 36-day immunity (good luck with that!) and the shortcuts.
There have been challenges with those kinds of decisions before, but the "Legacy Advantage" is something new that could be interesting. Unlike HIIs and normal advantages that can put targets on player's backs, this could make the holder a more attractive alliance partner.

The coming attractions for next week:
Spoiler:
crap, maybe it's a "swerve" but I can't imagine how someone having a heart attack scare could possibly be allowed to stay in the game
Old 09-22-16, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sadly the "theme" annoyed me even more than I thought it would. Not only are a few of the players barely older or younger than each other despite being on the "other side", they were clearly cast for something other than their age anyway. Were all these people rejects from the blue collar-no collar season? Sure seems like it! Speaking generally, this might be the weakest cast they have ever had.

The Mil tribe will likely dominate at challenges and we will have a quick merge. The X tribe seems to have only the one guy that is as fit as anybody on the Mil tribe. The X tribe doesn't even seem to have any mental game stand outs. The other guys on the X tribe look like they might not be able to survive rougher challenges. Some medical evacs may be in their future.

We did love the couple twists they added. Hope there are more "future idols" out there for people to find/use and that most (if not all) challenges have a "shortcut" to them. If not, the X team is TOAST!
Old 09-22-16, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Gen-X guy who covered his ears(?!?) and was afraid of his own shadow is toast. Looks like he applied for Big Brother and was sent over to Survivor instead.
Old 09-27-16, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Finally saw the premiere last night. That guy David and his paranoia about getting voted out started to get on my nerves. He has no chance if he's going to keep losing his mind thinking everyone is out to get him.

And Rachel apologizing during tribal....I mean C'mon. To me that just showed she was weak and insecure. Hence, automatic vote out.

That guy Zeke who is part of the Milennials was an interesting character and he's only "28"