Reload this Page >

Bull (CBS) -- S: Michael Weatherly -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bull (CBS) -- S: Michael Weatherly -- Series Thread

Old 09-26-17, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts
re: Bull (CBS) -- S: Michael Weatherly -- Series Thread

I was just reading that Glen Gordon Caron is the new showrunner and his directive is to put more emphasis on the characters. Each of the supporting characters will be filled out with a backstory and motivation.
Old 09-26-17, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
I was just reading that Glen Gordon Caron is the new showrunner and his directive is to put more emphasis on the characters. Each of the supporting characters will be filled out with a backstory and motivation.
Yeah Glen Gordon Caron also did Moonlighting and the NBC/CBS show Medium.

He’s a decent talent to oversee this show now.

I finished season one about a month ago via CBS AA after falling behind during the actual season. It was a decent season overall, but the backstories for most of the cast aside from Jason Bull was lacking. The cases of the week did become a little too cookie cutter.

Eliza was indeed in the last 3 episodes of season 1 and they did leave things open for her to come back. However, she ended up not taking the series regular gig. She signed on as the lead of another pilot. The final 3 arc was probably the best of last season.
Old 09-26-17, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

DJariya, bummer that Eliza jumped ship and they need to bring in a clone of her character as it gave the show an pleasant edge that it was sorely lacking. I do not watch Bull because it was a "heavy" show, nor do I want it to become one, but yeah...her arc was entertaining. Bull is definitely a light and fluffy show...not particularly good but hard to hate (no need to hate on it, you just stop watching and move on to one of the million other shows on the air).

Last edited by Inhumans99; 09-28-17 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-28-17, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Minka Kelly in a sexy negligee to start out the episode was a good way to get things rolling.

This was a really fun case even though it was pretty predicatable. I liked Bull getting creative and going back and forth trying to outwit Diana.

Also, interesting to see that Bull isn't exactly cash rich despite all the tech and employees he has. I liked that he actually admitted he needs this for show to all his potential clients and can't cut back.
Old 09-24-18, 07:23 AM

Received 4,513 Likes on 3,061 Posts
Re: Bull (CBS) -- S: Michael Weatherly -- Series Thread

BULL RETURNS TO WORK FOLLOWING HIS HEART ATTACK WITH A NEW RICH CLIENT FOR THE FIRM TO REPRESENT, ON THE THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF "BULL," MONDAY, SEPT. 24

"The Ground Beneath Their Feet" - Bull returns to work following his heart attack with a new rich client for the firm to represent: an insurance company being sued by a dying mother for denying coverage of her liver transplant, on the third season premiere of BULL, Monday, Sept. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Michael Weatherly (Dr. Jason Bull)
Freddy Rodriguez (Benny Col�n)
Geneva Carr (Marissa Morgan)
Jamie Lee Kirchner (Danny James)
Annabelle Attanasio (Cable McCrory)
Christopher Jackson (Chunk Palmer)

GUEST CAST:

David Furr (Greg Valerian)
Caitlin Mehner (Julia Summerfield)
Maxim Swinton (Lucas Summerfield)
Emmy Berkowitz (Maura Summerfield)
Tara Summers (Melanie Wright)
E.J. Bonilla (Super)
Adam Griffin (Mr. Toliver)
Noelle LuSane (Juror #6)
Matt Servitto (Marshall Hitchcock)
Kenneth Tigar (Judge Janovich)
Daniel Pearce (Dr. Bendry)
Erik Gullberg (Mr. Summerfield)
Lizzie King-Hall (Singing Mom)
Cadence Burke (Kid Singing)
Riley Burke (Kid Singing #2)
Lindsey Blanchard (Kid Singing #3)
Jacqueline Guillen (Woman In Her Twenties)
Nicky Torchia (Teenager)
Laura King Otazo (Jury Forewoman)
Logan Crawford (Newscaster)
Brian Ogilve (Singing Dad)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producer Glenn Gordon Caron

DIRECTED BY: Bethany Rooney
Old 09-24-18, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Can I get away with only watching the finale last season or anything on the last 6 eps I should watch?

Well that’s what I did.
Was Dushku on those eps because I didn’t remember seeing her.

Last edited by whotony; 12-13-18 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-27-18, 10:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am shocked that Cable is no longer on the show.
Old 12-13-18, 07:59 PM

Received 4,513 Likes on 3,061 Posts

CBS’ Bull is having some legal issues of his own.

According to a report by the New York Times, actress Eliza Dushku, who joined the cast of the CBS legal drama late in Season 1 as defense attorney J.P. Nunnelly, lodged a formal complaint with the network after being on the receiving end of several lewd comments made by series star Michael Weatherly. Dushku was poised to become a series regular, but soon after voicing her concerns, she was written off the show, and later given a $9.5 million settlement by the network as compensation.

CBS confirmed the settlement, which stemmed from a series of on-set incidents alleged by Dushku. She claims that Weatherly made demeaning comments about her appearance, saying “Here comes legs” when she arrived on set, said he would bend her over his leg and spank her in front of the cast and crew, and suggested she wanted to have a threesome with him and a male crew member. Dushku felt “disgusted and violated” following the incidents, according to interview notes from an internal CBS investigation.

Dushku confronted Weatherly about his behavior, and days later, was informed her character was being written out. Dushku entered into mediation with the network, which ultimately led to the $9.5 million settlement — the equivalent of what Dushku would’ve earned had she remained a full-time cast member for four more seasons.

Weatherly apologized in a statement to the Times: “During the course of taping our show, I made some jokes mocking some lines in the script. When Eliza told me that she wasn’t comfortable with my language and attempt at humor, I was mortified to have offended her and immediately apologized. After reflecting on this further, I better understand that what I said was both not funny and not appropriate, and I am sorry and regret the pain this caused Eliza.”

But he denies having anything to do with Dushku being written off the show: “It’s my recollection that I didn’t tell anyone how they should do their job regarding the hiring or firing of anybody.”
https://tvline.com/2018/12/13/bull-e...weatherly-cbs/
Old 12-14-18, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

Dex, I first saw this on Deadline and it certainly explains why a character who was shaping up to be a fan favorite disappeared from the show. I am also glad I gave up on Bull quite some time back as Michael Weatherly sounds like he is an asshole. Another female character who I thought was a fan fave (the hacker chick) also left the show and now I wonder if Weatherly’s behavior on-set was a catalyst.

Really sad to learn Weatherly is such a crude person when the cameras are not rolling as I really liked him on NCIS. Glad Eliza Dushku pushed hard for CBS to pony up the dollars she would have earned had she remained a regular.
Old 12-14-18, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 872 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Dex, I first saw this on Deadline and it certainly explains why a character who was shaping up to be a fan favorite disappeared from the show. I am also glad I gave up on Bull quite some time back as Michael Weatherly sounds like he is an asshole. Another female character who I thought was a fan fave (the hacker chick) also left the show and now I wonder if Weatherly’s behavior on-set was a catalyst.

Really sad to learn Weatherly is such a crude person when the cameras are not rolling as I really liked him on NCIS. Glad Eliza Dushku pushed hard for CBS to pony up the dollars she would have earned had she remained a regular.
Thankfully, she's not in that scenario. The actress is the daughter of an exec producer on the show. She's not in this season because she's directing her first movie and the timelines conflicted.
Old 12-15-18, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

As this story is reported and updated I keep seeing two different versions of one of the stories: In one version, MW turned ED over his knee and spanked her in front of the crew, and the other he merely made comments about doing it. Personally, I tend to think he said it, as the doing would seem to take it to an Assault accusation. I'm not justifying anything, I'm just saying the confusion creates two much different impressions.
Old 12-15-18, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
As this story is reported and updated I keep seeing two different versions of one of the stories: In one version, MW turned ED over his knee and spanked her in front of the crew, and the other he merely made comments about doing it. Personally, I tend to think he said it, as the doing would seem to take it to an Assault accusation. I'm not justifying anything, I'm just saying the confusion creates two much different impressions.
To be fair, who wouldn't want to put ED over a knee?
Old 12-15-18, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

It sure seems like there's a lot of behind the scenes bad behavior going on with a lot of these CBS shows. I'm not sure all the details are known for all of them, but I've heard about issues involving Mark Harmon/Pauilie Perrette, Thomas Gibson, Brad Kern, George Eads, and probably a few others.