TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ray Donovan (S4E12) -- Season Finale -- "Rattus Rattus" -- 9/18/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-16, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Ray Donovan (S4E12) -- Season Finale -- "Rattus Rattus" -- 9/18/16

First Aired: September 18, 2016
In the Season 4 finale, Ray, hoping his deal with Hector will be his family's salvation, learns that Sonia has turned over incriminating evidence to FBI agent Frank Barnes. Ray is forced to wear a wire, but decides to play the Russian mob off the FBI, but things take a dangerous turn. Meanwhile, Mickey's attempt to cash in on the big fight leads him to a discovery that could help Ray against both sides.

This was already renewed for a 5th season, which will air in 2017
Old 09-19-16, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Re: Ray Donovan (S4E12) -- Season Finale -- "Rattus Rattus" -- 9/18/16

I didn't understand Rays plan. Didn't he always have the option of killing off the Russian mob guys? What makes him any more safe now? This is the Russian mob - it's a big organisation. Killing off a bunch of mobsters in one location just makes them send in more.
Old 09-21-16, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coral
I didn't understand Rays plan. Didn't he always have the option of killing off the Russian mob guys?
I think his long-range plan was to stretch six episodes into twelve.
Old 09-21-16, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
I didn't understand Rays plan. Didn't he always have the option of killing off the Russian mob guys? What makes him any more safe now? This is the Russian mob - it's a big organisation. Killing off a bunch of mobsters in one location just makes them send in more.
Ray and his family are invincible, duh. I was just hoping Connor would have shot himself in the face this season.
Old 09-21-16, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I think Ray originally hoped the Russians wouldn't kill him if the money on the fight came in. But when he saw they killed Sonia, he knew that they would probably kill him no matter what. Previously, even if he had killed the top Russian guys in town there would just be another waiting in the wings to take over. Ray then used the drug evidence as way to get the FBI off his back which would also have the effect of shutting down the entire business operation of those Russians in L.A. With the top Russians that he was dealing with being dead, most of the underlings would probably go to jail or sent back to Russia and none of the higher ups back in Russia would be interested in getting involved in the situation with the FBI involved.

Well, that's my understanding of it at least.
Old 09-22-16, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

This. Once he had the drugs to link the the Russians, he had a better plan.

Good season overall. Will be interesting to see what happens next, since the Russians were spillover from last season.

I really enjoyed Abbey being in on Ray's dirty job this season. I hate the trope of the wife being pissed off at the anti-hero husband, when she doesnt know whats going on.
Old 10-13-16, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I just finished binging this season and thought it was decent overall. So many plot lines going on and not many of them really went anywhere.

It felt like there was a lot less action this season and more drama - just to have drama (Abby, the crazy wife, the kids doing stupid kid shit, Terry falling down, typical Mickey shit, the boxer's sister, etc). I'm hoping Ray becomes more John Wick and less Tim the Tool-man Taylor next season.