Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

C.S.I. - refreshing to remember how good it was.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-11-16, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Watching season 1 of the original CSI through Amazon Video (they had a few really cheap seasons, about $8 a season HD so I bought the cheap ones and buying the rest regular price as I go, gonna try to watch the whole way through... may take a while).

Watching all the characters again, sad at Gary Dourdan's fall, mesmerized at how young everyone looked, just how boyish Grissom was. That was some good TV.
Old 08-11-16, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: C.S.I. - refreshing to remember how good it was.

I got the season 1 Blu-ray on the cheap and was intending to go back through but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm glad it holds up.
Old 08-11-16, 07:49 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I used to watch the earlier seasons religiously. Quality started to drop eventually as they seemed to run out of credible storylines -- the change in casting didn't help either. The original cast was quite good - don't forget about the season 5 finale that QT directed. Can't believe that was 11 years ago.
Old 08-11-16, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Watching season 1 of the original CSI through Amazon Video (they had a few really cheap seasons, about $8 a season HD so I bought the cheap ones and buying the rest regular price as I go, gonna try to watch the whole way through... may take a while).

Watching all the characters again, sad at Gary Dourdan's fall, mesmerized at how young everyone looked, just how boyish Grissom was. That was some good TV.
Do you subscribe to Hulu? The entire series including the 2 hour Series Finale movie is there.

But yeah if you intend to re-watch the entire series or see seasons you've never watched before, its going to take you awhile. 15 seasons and 300+ episodes.

The 1st season, which was released on BD, does have a nice treat though. There's a director's cut of the Pilot episode. Also, it's the only time (on disc) that it was in 16:9 letterbox. It originally aired in 4:3 since it was pre-HD.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-11-16 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-11-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Yeah, I watched the early episodes pretty religiously. When they started really going graphic with zooms into the dead body is when I tuned out.