Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Good Fight (spinoff of The Good Wife) -- CBS All-Access -- Premieres 2/19/17

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Good Fight (spinoff of The Good Wife) -- CBS All-Access -- Premieres 2/19/17

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-18, 12:20 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: The Good Fight (spinoff of The Good Wife) -- CBS All-Access -- Premieres 2/19/17

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vaMoZ5AQmmE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In season two of THE GOOD FIGHT, the world is going insane, and the Chicago murder rate is on the rise. Amidst the insanity, Diane, Lucca, Maia and the rest of the law firm find themselves under psychological assault when a client at another firm kills his lawyer for overcharging. After a copycat murder, the firm begins to look at its own clients suspiciously. Meanwhile, Diane battles with a new partner at the firm, Liz Reddick-Lawrence (Audra McDonald); Maia becomes tougher after her parents' scandal puts her on trial; and Lucca is brought back into Colin's orbit. The series, from "The Good Wife" creators Robert and Michelle King, stars Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Audra McDonald, Sarah Steele, Justin Bartha, Michael Boatman and Nyambi Nyambi.
Old 03-06-18, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Re: The Good Fight (spinoff of The Good Wife) -- CBS All-Access -- Premieres 2/19/17

Good season premier. I love Audra McDonald, so that's a good addition.

I don't like how it looks like they might be making Diane a casual drug addict.
Old 04-09-18, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Am I the only one watching this?

I think this season's so far better than the first - especially after dropping the Maya's Dad's embezzling storyline. It may have even surpassed Good Wife. Lindo is so fucking good in this! Especially his final bit of punditry. And the writing is definitely a cut above. I'm glad they've gotten out of the "court case of the week" format - though the "ripped from the headlines" can still be a bit too... awkward, but they mostly make it work.
Old 04-09-18, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Watching, and enjoying it. Except the pregnancy storyline. Sarah Steele is gold.
Old 03-14-19, 06:55 AM

<iframe width="706" height="397" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QoSF1k-3750" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CBS All Access today announced that the third season of its critically acclaimed original drama series THE GOOD FIGHT will premiere on Thursday, March 14. New episodes of THE GOOD FIGHT's 10-episode third season will be available on demand weekly on Thursdays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers. The announcement was made by Julie McNamara, Executive Vice President, Original Content, CBS All Access, at CBS' biannual Television Critics Association presentation. In addition, the official trailer and key art for THE GOOD FIGHT's third season were revealed during the series' TCA panel which featured a conversation with co-creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King and cast members Christine Baranski, Audra McDonald and Michael Sheen. The world went crazy in the THE GOOD FIGHT's second season, and now, in season three, the resistance does. Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) tries to figure out whether you can resist a crazy administration without going crazy yourself, while Adrian Boseman (Delroy Lindo) and Liz Reddick-Lawrence (Audra McDonald) struggle with a new post-factual world where the lawyer who tells the best story triumphs over the lawyer with the best facts. Meanwhile, Lucca Quinn (Cush Jumbo) balances a new baby with a new love, and Maia Rindell (Rose Leslie) finds a new Mephistopheles in Roland Blum (Michael Sheen), a lawyer who is corruption incarnate.
Old 04-23-19, 01:59 PM

Renewed:
https://tvline.com/2019/04/23/the-go...Hs8rzg2Gi32a2I
Old 04-23-19, 02:28 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

My wife and I are still enjoying it. This season has stretched credulity more than the first two, but it's still fun. I *almost* lost it when
Spoiler:
Diane and Liz revealed confidential client info to their "book club", which seems completely irrational. I guess beating Trump is more important than their careers, because if caught they would lose their licence to practice law.
Old 05-29-19, 12:12 PM

CBS said today that it will air the entire first season of The Good Fight starting at June 16. The Good Wife spinoff starring Christine Baranski from creators Robert and Michelle King had been available only on the CBS All Access SVOD service.

There will be bleeping when the first two episodes air back-to-back starting at 9 p.m. that Sunday, with Episodes 3 and 4 bowing in the same slot the following week. The series then will shift to the 10 p.m. Sunday slot starting with Episode 5. The Eye network noted that those first four episodes will air within the Emmy nomination voting period.

CBS Corp acting CEO Joe Ianniello mentioned the Good Fight news during the shareholder meeting this morning.

“For three seasons, The Good Fight has been a big success for CBS All Access,” said Kelly Kahl, President of Entertainment at CBS. “We’re excited to provide our network audience the opportunity to catch up with characters they first fell in love with on The Good Wife, as well as introduce new viewers to this outstanding, critically acclaimed drama.”

The Good Fight picks up one year after the events of the final broadcast episode of The Good Wife, where an enormous financial scam has destroyed the reputation of a young lawyer, Maia Rindell (Rose Leslie), while simultaneously wiping out her mentor and godmother Diane Lockhart’s (Baranski) savings. Forced out of Lockhart and Lee, they join Lucca Quinn (Cush Jumbo) at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent African American-owned law firms.

The Good Fight is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Scott Free Productions and King Size Productions. Robert and Michelle King serve as showrunner/executive producers of the series, which they co-created with Phil Alden Robinson. Ridley Scott, David Zucker, Liz Glotzer, Brooke Kennedy and Alison Cross also serve as executive producers.
https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-goo...KeNbDSzmiayaww
Old 05-29-19, 12:32 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Great. I finally give in and pay, and now they're going to just air it (bleeped but not edited) on network TV. If they do this with ST: Discovery I'll be pissed.
Old 05-29-19, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Great. I finally give in and pay, and now they're going to just air it (bleeped but not edited) on network TV. If they do this with ST: Discovery I'll be pissed.
If they do this with ST: Discovery I'll be pleased as I have issues with all this All access pay BS.
Old 04-11-20, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

New season started.

Hilarious "alternate timeline" with Clinton being elected instead of trump. Though I'm not sure I'd believe that would keep #metoo from happening.

I kinda forgot how last season ended... did they get "swated"?