TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Modern Family - Final Season thread

Old 10-10-19, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Modern Family - Final Season thread

OK, it looks like no one is going to start a thread for the final season of MF, so I will. Sorry I didn't do the nice picture and synopsis like the other TV thread starters do.

We're three episodes into the final season, and it hasn't been bad. The recent episode (10/9) probably being the best so far. Loved them bringing back Stephanie Beatriz for possibly the last time (and until Brooklyn Nine Nine comes back, what else is she gonna do?). Really enjoyed the Dunphy family all using Hailey's twins for their own selfish purposes.

Sure, it's not as good as the first few years, but it's still fresher than the other "big" ABC Wednesday night sitcom The Goldbergs, which at half of MF's age has become nearly unwatchable.
Old 10-10-19, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Modern Family - Final Season thread

I remember some cringe-worthy stuff with Cam and Mitch in one of the first 2 episodes but i cant remember what it was now, haha. ModFam is a shell of its former self but still better than the current Goldbergs episodes (which i still watch for some reason)
Old 10-10-19, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
I remember some cringe-worthy stuff with Cam and Mitch in one of the first 2 episodes but i cant remember what it was now, haha.
Probably the inane plot device of both of them having an "affair" with the female smart refrigerator, the cringiest being Mitch singing "The Shallows" with said refrigerator.

ModFam is a shell of its former self but still better than the current Goldbergs episodes (which i still watch for some reason)
Yeah, you and me both, pal. ABC needs to cancel it because I don't have the willpower to delete it from my DVR. I'm "invested" in it. See: 2 Broke Girls. Thanks, CBS, for pulling the plug on that one long after I should have done so myself.
Old 10-10-19, 02:21 PM

Barely made it thru the season opener... Mitch/Cam have become unwatchable.
Old 10-10-19, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
Barely made it thru the season opener... Mitch/Cam have become unwatchable.
You know, I constantly hear this complaint (Mitch/Cam), but they are what they've always been; an overdramatic gay couple. Hell, wasn't it the pilot episode where Cam introduces Lily ala The Lion King?
Old 10-10-19, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is falling into the trap that many moribund sitcoms fall into -- too much slapstick, and the character quirks are being amped to ridiculous levels.
Old 10-10-19, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The show has dropped off in quality the last few seasons, but this season is on a whole different level of bad.

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel for story lines. This is what happens when the show goes on for so long.
The 2nd episode was especially horrible. Claire hiding her magazine interview... really? Cam/Mitch and the fridge? Phil is suspicious of who Gloria really is - should that be a story line in an early season instead of in the 11th season?

Just hanging around for the closure.
Old 10-10-19, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Coral View Post
They're scraping the bottom of the barrel for story lines. This is what happens when the show goes on for so long.
The 2nd episode was especially horrible. Claire hiding her magazine interview... really? Cam/Mitch and the fridge? Phil is suspicious of who Gloria really is - should that be a story line in an early season instead of in the 11th season?
Yeah, Claire hiding the magazine interview from her (adult) children. Phil suspicious that Gloria took out that woman. That's like season one or two material. I'll also throw in that they presented Alex like a complete idiot, and the stuff about her being frozen was inexplicably dumb. And the girl wrecking her bike because she was watching Phil juggle was kind of strange, and they never followed up on it.

Only laughs I got were when Janice lifted her shirt and flashed her twat, and the cat following Alex around.

Old 10-17-19, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, they did a hacked nudes storyline while an actress who had hacked nudes looks on. Ballsy.