Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Bates Motel (S4E09) - "Forever" - 5/9/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-16, 09:21 PM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Bates Motel (S4E09) - "Forever" - 5/9/16

Norman and Norma try to reconnect as they plan for the future; frustrated by Norma's blind eye, Romero and Dylan decide to take action for Norman's own good.
Old 05-09-16, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Bates Motel (S4E09) - "Forever" - 5/9/16

Holy shit! I can't believe they killed Norma off before the series finale. Insane. I imagine she'll still be around in crazy Normans head.
Old 05-09-16, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Holy shit! I can't believe they killed Norma off before the series finale. Insane. I imagine she'll still be around in crazy Normans head.
So much for spoilers.
Old 05-10-16, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

The episodes have their own threads. Why would anyone read the thread before seeing the episode?

It's fair game to discuss the episode in its own thread, without spoilers.

I thought Dylan was a goner. Didn't expect this already.
Old 05-10-16, 05:20 AM

I'm not surprised they did it. There needs to be a period of Norman on his own in the motel. I see the series ending and incorporating some of of Psycho.

That being said... I don't know if she is definitely dead or not. We'll see next week.
Old 05-10-16, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care what anyone says, this season of Bates Motel is one of the best seasons of TV I have ever seen & I watch a lot of TV.

My heart is completely broken right now. That took me by surprise. Maybe it shouldn't have, but it did. I love Norma Bates,

Last edited by onebyone; 05-10-16 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-10-16, 06:59 AM

She'll still be on the show in his head, I imagine.
Old 05-10-16, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I'm not surprised they did it. There needs to be a period of Norman on his own in the motel. I see the series ending and incorporating some of of Psycho.

That being said... I don't know if she is definitely dead or not. We'll see next week.
Well... according to my DVR, (I'm paraphrasing) next week Norman plans a special event for Norma, which I'm guessing is a "non-spoiler" way of saying her funeral.
It makes sense, and Norma will probably be seen as responsible since she left a cryptic note for Alex.
Old 05-10-16, 07:17 AM

Yea. The only reason I say that is because the promo for next week showed scenes in
Spoiler:
a hospital.
So was not sure how it would play out. Though it seems it is for sure.
Old 05-10-16, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 722 Likes on 589 Posts

I thought it would have been more dramatic with maybe Norman chasing Norma around the house with a knife at night and hallucinating during a blackout and confusing his visions of Norma in his head with reality and bringing back the original Bernard Herrmann score from the movie.

That is what I wanted.

Maybe this is a out for Vera Farmiga to do more film work.
Old 05-10-16, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Well... according to my DVR, (I'm paraphrasing) next week Norman plans a special event for Norma, which I'm guessing is a "non-spoiler" way of saying her funeral.
It makes sense, and Norma will probably be seen as responsible since she left a cryptic note for Alex.
Perhaps the special event is taxidermy. Though I can't see how they could pull that off.

Incidentally, it was pretty hilarious the way Romero's ex fuck buddy tried to get him to confess. You would think the feds would've coached her better than that.
Old 05-10-16, 08:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awright, that's it! Another favorite show I'm quitting because of killing off favorite characters.

First Game of Thrones with Jon Snow, and now this.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Seriously, as dex & others have said, if they're going to be consistent with the original, they have to eliminate characters who know too much. Alex is toast unless he goes down to the feds, and one would expect that Dylan & his dad would at least try to check in occasionally to see if Norma is okay. They have to be able to either plausibly explain the absence of missing central characters to family members or get rid of the witnesses.

Does this mean that Norman is about to embark on a killing spree?

Is the taxidermy business about to get a big boost?

Will we see at least one scene from Norman's head with him & his mom relaxing on a beach in Hawaii?
Old 05-10-16, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I sort of figured that Norman and Norma would eventually "do the deed" and that's what would push Norman over the edge to kill her. They've had a creepy incest vibe going on for a long time.

After violently killing her, probably with a knife, he would then stuff her body and keep her locked in a room up in the house. It would be easy for him to claim she just up and took offbecause she tended to be flighty and impulsive.
Old 05-10-16, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 722 Likes on 589 Posts

After violently killing her, probably with a knife, he would then stuff her body and keep her locked in a room up in the house. It would be easy for him to claim she just up and took offbecause she tended to be flighty and impulsive.
That would have been better since this death was so tame and not really disturbing as you expected it would turn out to be.

Hope she lives so we can see a gruesome freaky murder.

Will we see at least one scene from Norman's head with him & his mom relaxing on a beach in Hawaii?
If they did move to Hawaii the show would have officially jumped the shark.

Romero is so selfish. He tries to resuscitate Norma and leaves Norman lying on the ground lol.

I hope Norman goes all out in season 5 and goes on a killing spree.
Old 05-10-16, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Norman's a pussy. He can't take out a woman without sucker punching her and men drop him with one punch.
Old 05-10-16, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I sort of figured that Norman and Norma would eventually "do the deed" and that's what would push Norman over the edge to kill her. They've had a creepy incest vibe going on for a long time.

TV Line had stated there was a big game-changer at the end of last night's episode, so I was expecting a big murder (probably Emma, because I've been expecting it), but as things lined up in the last ten minutes or so, I thought it was going in the direction of incest. I certainly wasn't expecting what we got.
Old 05-10-16, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
That would have been better since this death was so tame and not really disturbing as you expected it would turn out to be.

Hope she lives so we can see a gruesome freaky murder.

If they did move to Hawaii the show would have officially jumped the shark.

Romero is so selfish. He tries to resuscitate Norma and leaves Norman lying on the ground lol.

I hope Norman goes all out in season 5 and goes on a killing spree.
Maybe the swamps will be introduced to the show.
Old 05-11-16, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I would have been shocked about the death if I hadn't seen a spoiler stupidly posted on another site. It's almost definitely a real death and we'll see Norma hang around in Norman's head. This will give Vera a chance to play Norman's twisted take on his mother, which will be a shot at another Emmy.

I've really enjoyed how Bates Motel has mapped out the evolving psychosis shown by Norman. It's far exceeded my expectations despite a few problems along the way, like most of season two.