DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Silicon Valley (HBO) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 4/24/16 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/634080-silicon-valley-hbo-season-3-thread-premieres-4-24-16-a.html)

B.A. 06-20-16 12:15 PM

Re: Silicon Valley (HBO) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 4/24/16

Deftones 06-20-16 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MrX (Post 12830558)
The guy in the focus group worried about Pied Piper becoming self aware like Skynet :lol:

The terminator conversation was fucking spectacular. :lol:

Why So Blu? 06-20-16 04:01 PM

I'm still laughing about the Pakistani Denzel from a few weeks ago. That was some funny shit. Last night's episode was cool, too.

Coral 06-20-16 08:34 PM

I love that even though Gavin is filthy rich, he still feels that he has to be on the roof. Of course his dining experience up there is better than Big Head's.

I don't understand why they couldn't just spend the money to make the interface more user-friendly. It doesn't sound like it's something that would be that hard to do or take very long - they would just need input from design experts or even just the average user. The interface would be a piece of cake compared to the cross-platform desktop/mobile compression engine, cloud stack, etc. they already created.

Why So Blu? 06-27-16 09:00 AM

So much for Pied Piper. Now that it's tainted it's time for the guys to focus on that incredible video chat deal that buries Hoolie's chat service.

Goat3001 06-27-16 10:39 AM

Not surprising that things fell in place for the guys, that's how this show works. The ending we got was good. They're pretty much back to square one for the most part but with Big Head involved now, which has great potential.

Erlich sweeping in to buy the company wasn't surprising with the way the episode was building but I did like when they were playing the pronoun game at the end and Laurie agreed that Erlich was an asshole. :lol:

Also that dude admitting he was in love with Monica was great and then him following it up was even better. :lol:

DaveNinja 06-27-16 11:44 AM

whats that game they played with the ball "always blue" or something like that?

Coral 06-27-16 12:05 PM

Yea, Always Blue... seems like they just throw the ball in the air, catch it and see how long they go until the blue face no longer shows. I guess it works as a drinking game, but these nerds seem to have fun with it even when sober. :lol:

This is the ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ZIBb8kSVk

bluetoast 06-27-16 12:13 PM

It's also a programming reference. Here's some more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SiliconVall...8/always_blue/

Coral 06-27-16 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 12836485)
Not surprising that things fell in place for the guys, that's how this show works.

Yea, when things always worked out for the Entourage douches - it annoyed me... but for this show it seems to work well. The constant 2 steps forward, 1 step back would normally feel like the show isn't going anywhere - but the set-backs are actually interesting and I enjoy seeing how they can get out of their latest predicaments.

Dinesh basically saved the day.

Love that we get to see Bighead be more involved now. And it might be interesting seeing Monica in a different capacity.

The neat thing about this show is that I love the names they have for their fictitious companies. They actually sound good. Hooli (a cross between Hulu, Yahoo and Google), Aviato, Raviga, End-Frame, Code/Rag. The only company name that sucks is Pied Piper... which they keep making fun of in the show. :lol:

Deftones 06-27-16 04:55 PM

Someone called it that bighead would be in charge at the end if the season. :lol:

Why So Blu? 06-27-16 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 12836585)
Yea, when things always worked out for the Entourage douches - it annoyed me... but for this show it seems to work well. The constant 2 steps forward, 1 step back would normally feel like the show isn't going anywhere - but the set-backs are actually interesting and I enjoy seeing how they can get out of their latest predicaments.

Dinesh basically saved the day.

Love that we get to see Bighead be more involved now. And it might be interesting seeing Monica in a different capacity.

The neat thing about this show is that I love the names they have for their fictitious companies. They actually sound good. Hooli (a cross between Hulu, Yahoo and Google), Aviato, Raviga, End-Frame, Code/Rag. The only company name that sucks is Pied Piper... which they keep making fun of in the show. :lol:

Yup, Pakistani Denzel to the rescue! :lol:

Breakfast with Girls 06-29-16 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 12836574)

No it's not. :lol:

bluetoast 06-29-16 08:20 AM

Was that dude making stuff up? If so, yeah, that one got by me.

B.A. 06-30-16 10:47 AM

Thankfully, the finale was much better than episode nine.

Raul3 07-01-16 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 12836574)

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls (Post 12837956)
No it's not. :lol:

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 12837976)
Was that dude making stuff up? If so, yeah, that one got by me.

I felt like John Snow reading the post.

Programmer here. It's a reference to Red Blue trees in djorski algorthm. You see, in his tree4 system the database with polymorphism enabled would always go to blue on the tree (representing 0xFB on the hexscalar). There's a programming joke that the algorithm is way too efficient, therefore always producing "always blue" instead of red or yellow (representing binary 0011001 for dot hex finite series). It's a pretty funny joke
But yeah, didn't make any sense. :)

Cellar Door 07-02-16 11:13 AM

Really enjoyed this season, though I want to strangle Richard for being his own worst enemy just about every episode.

I love when Jian Yang trolls Erlich.

Awesome that Dinesh and Big Head save the day in the end!

Even though her character is practically a robot, I find Laurie really hot.

Match 07-02-16 11:36 AM

Binged watched all the shows over the last few days. Gold chain insults. The ugly Pied Piper jacket. Gavin using live animals for his presentations.

T.J. Miller Hurl Insults for 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds of Silicon Valley Outtakes

Cellar Door 07-02-16 11:43 AM

Oh, and I think Jared may be my favorite character on TV these days.

Raul3 07-04-16 01:55 AM

You mean OJ?

Why So Blu? 07-07-16 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door (Post 12840288)
Really enjoyed this season, though I want to strangle Richard for being his own worst enemy just about every episode.

I love when Jian Yang trolls Erlich.

Awesome that Dinesh and Big Head save the day in the end!

Even though her character is practically a robot, I find Laurie really hot.

That's Suzanne Cryer - I knew she looked familiar. She was a series regular on Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place back in the late 90's.

Getting old sucks but I'd still hit it.

dex14 03-29-17 02:01 PM

<iframe width="813" height="457" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mydFes629og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RichC2 03-29-17 08:01 PM

I found most of Season 3 to be a bit of a drag but love this show overall, eager to jump into Season 4.