TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S6E09) -- Winter Premiere -- "No Way Out" -- 2/14/16

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S6E09) -- Winter Premiere -- "No Way Out" -- 2/14/16

Originally Posted by d2cheer
After reading the comments it is great to see some things haven't changed.
Eh, the reaction is overwhelmingly positive compared to some other episodes.
Old 02-15-16, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

I thought on the preview that leader of Negan's bike gang was Timothy Huttton but it was a another actor. He does look liked him.
Old 02-15-16, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by arminius
Agreed, also I think the zombie stuff is done. Enough already with them. They would all be rotted to nothing by now. They may have been needed at the start of the show but do we really need them anymore? There should be more on how some of the people, other than Rick of course, are feeling. And maybe their favorite trees and stuff. True fans want to know.
Your attempt at sarcasm is idiotic as is the comparison you're trying to make.
Old 02-15-16, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giles
So zombies walk into burning gas lit water - that was so dumb
Zombie's aren't known for their intelligence.
Old 02-15-16, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

my biggest gripe was, why waste a rocket launcher into the lake to catch it fire? They didn't have anything else they could've used to start a fire quickly?
Old 02-15-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

It created a huge explosion to get the walkers' attention-other methods would start a fire but not necessarily erupt like that (at least according to TV logic)

Last edited by bluetoast; 02-15-16 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-15-16, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I've grown pretty tired of the Glen death teases. They have done it so much there isn't going to be any shock value if/when he does actually die on the show.
Haha yeah that got a few groans from our audience even before he was saved...which is of course the exact reason why it was such a horrible idea last fall.
Old 02-15-16, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG They killed Glenny!

It already seems it's becoming a running joke.
Old 02-15-16, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I've grown pretty tired of the Glen death teases. They have done it so much there isn't going to be any shock value if/when he does actually die on the show.
Pretty obvious what they are setting up with him.

It is interesting how the character of Daryl has already changed comic events regarding the Saviors. He's been involved with them twice now.
Old 02-15-16, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 982 Likes on 692 Posts

So as someone who has about a 15 episode backlog on his dvr, is it worth my time plowing through and catching back up? This show has mostly frustrated me since the beginning. I think there's a great show buried in there somewhere and a few times a year it really showcases its potential. However, no matter how many good episodes there are, it's just an endless cycle of misery begetting more misery. At a certain point I just decided I didn't wish to visit this world anymore. I assume nothing has really changed?
Old 02-15-16, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
I'm amazed Abraham and Sasha didn't get hit by any shrapnel from motorcycles or bones. Some of the dialogue from the previous episode's preview was also missing; the scene had no more mention of floor mats and emergency napkins now belonging to Negan.
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, I noticed the missing dialog, too.

The scene was strangely edited, like it was part of a preview replaying footage from the previous episode, but that scene was never part of the episode -- it was shown during Into the Badlands and Talking Dead.

And, yeah, regarding the explosion, it probably should have taken out Sasha, Abbraham, and the truck (which was filled with gasoline). If it was strong enough to blow eight guys to pieces, then the blast radius would have done quite a bit of damage to people standing twenty feet away.
I noticed the missing dialogue as well. I had just sat down to watch the show when the scene started, so I wasn't sure if it was a recap or the new episode. I actually really liked the original scene where he is talking about the emergency napkins, and spare change, etc. Made that character alot more creepy and crazy, like you didnt know what he was capable of. I am actually a little upset that he died, as I thought he was a really good character.

They included the "recap" because the original scene wasn't actually a part of any previous episode, as you said.
Old 02-15-16, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounded like glenn said "I don't know but i got bit" when he got in the truck, guess thats not what he said
Old 02-15-16, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
So as someone who has about a 15 episode backlog on his dvr, is it worth my time plowing through and catching back up? This show has mostly frustrated me since the beginning. I think there's a great show buried in there somewhere and a few times a year it really showcases its potential. However, no matter how many good episodes there are, it's just an endless cycle of misery begetting more misery. At a certain point I just decided I didn't wish to visit this world anymore. I assume nothing has really changed?
From your description of your reaction to what you've seen, no, don't bother to watch the rest. Nothing has changed (or will change) in that regard. The show is what it is.
Old 02-15-16, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

No, I gave up on it and do not miss it. Seems people love the incredible repetitive and circular plot structure and watch for zombie gore as much as anything. It is a show that you could pick and episode from the last 4 seasons or so and it will almost be exactly the same as every other episode. Carboard cutout villains, shiny new cars and empty streets, truly annoying and dislikeable main characters and lots of stupid repetitive zombie gore.
Old 02-15-16, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
I noticed the missing dialogue as well.
Has anyone mentioned that the "Mom? Mom?" cliff-hanger in the last seconds of the previous episode was dropped as well? Essentially the same thing happened later in their escape, so it's not like the plot was significantly altered, but it was odd when watching the previous episode moments before the new one and that moment disappeared like it never happened even though that was the lingering image during the hiatus.
Old 02-15-16, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

You aren't missing a single thing, the show has continued afoot with its same formula. This episode did have some cool action moments but parts of the drama continue to be inane.

The Walking Dead is basically comfort food at this point for fans of the zombie apocalypse.
Old 02-15-16, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

You're almost 1 season and 11 1/2 hours of content behind. Unless you can really convince yourself to dedicate a day or 2 to marathon and catch up, you're never going to catch up. From the sound of your post, you don't sound very motivated and are trying to justify not continuing.
Old 02-15-16, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 982 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
You're almost 1 season and 11 1/2 hours of content behind. Unless you can really convince yourself to dedicate a day or 2 to marathon and catch up, you're never going to catch up. From the sound of your post, you don't sound very motivated and are trying to justify not continuing.
11.5 hours is not really that much to get worried about. I don't follow a lot of current tv. Certainly no more than 1 or 2 shows at a time. I've been rewatching both X-Files and The Wire in recent weeks and could easily bang out 11.5 hours of Walking Dead in a week or two by taking a break from those other two. Especially in this post-football, pre-NBA/NHL playoff time of year. And I don't really need to justify not continuing. I'm already doing that. What I'm looking for is a reason to start back up. I know how good this show can be, and I figured I'd just check in and see if maybe it was currently going through an "up" period. Sounds like it's the same as it ever was, so I'll probably end up deleting the episodes and moving on to something else.
Old 02-15-16, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I read that the extra footage after the mid-season finale was a post credits thing on the west coast. I did think it was kind of lame how they did basically a re-cap at the beginning of this, but in doing so left stuff out. But the pay off of the tanker incident was awesome. That guy doing all the talking for the bikers did a real good job in the very short time he got. I really hated him every second he was alive. Also made no sense that Sam's "mom, mom" stuff from the end of the finale was totally ignored until the were much further out into the hoard.

Overall the episode was one of their best. Knew the Carl moment was coming having seen too much about the comic over time. The rest of the season is also, at least in part, just a Negan waiting game.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 02-15-16 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-15-16, 03:19 PM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

11.5 hours is not really that much to get worried about. I don't follow a lot of current tv. Certainly no more than 1 or 2 shows at a time. I've been rewatching both X-Files and The Wire in recent weeks and could easily bang out 11.5 hours of Walking Dead in a week or two by taking a break from those other two. Especially in this post-football, pre-NBA/NHL playoff time of year. And I don't really need to justify not continuing. I'm already doing that. What I'm looking for is a reason to start back up. I know how good this show can be, and I figured I'd just check in and see if maybe it was currently going through an "up" period. Sounds like it's the same as it ever was, so I'll probably end up deleting the episodes and moving on to something else.
If you're lukewarm on the show, don't watch it. It's probably not worth it for you.

I'm not looking for emmies from this show. It's a fun way to kill an hour on Sunday night. I still enjoy it. Loved the Daryl RPG blow up of the bikers. I was not expecting that. This was definitely a great episode for me.
Old 02-15-16, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

chandler riggs

@chandlerriggs

eye hoped u enjoyed the episode #thewalkingdead
10:53 PM - 14 Feb 2016

15,801 15,801 Retweets
Old 02-15-16, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad they didn't kill off his character too. Terrible actor, and the bar isn't that high on this show.
Old 02-15-16, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

It seems the consensus is that the best actor on the show is the dude on the bike from the beginning.
Old 02-15-16, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Bad ass picture!
Old 02-15-16, 06:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

loved this ep. so much action, so many deaths and 1-eyed Carl is great! loved it!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.