Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S6E03) -- "Thank You" -- 10/25/15

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S6E03) -- "Thank You" -- 10/25/15

The problem with a lot of those weapons is that they are either heavy and therefore difficult to use for long periods of time, or they have many different points of contact that can get stuck really easy.

The Katana is a great weapon, though I would always have a backup because they can break.
Old 10-30-15, 12:56 PM

Received 4,730 Likes on 3,206 Posts

Officially renewed, no surprise: http://tvline.com/2015/10/30/walking...-season-7-amc/
Old 10-30-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glen likely ain't dead. They didn't let them finish him on TTD and I doubt they would waste a major character's death like that. People like Glen get taken out by major villains so we can see view that character as having killed one of our favorite characters.

Not sure how they are going to get him out of that hoard though... Maybe covered in the rest of his new best friend he just plays dead until they move on enough for him to run away.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-30-15 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-30-15, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you folks not seeing how they could easily get him out of that situation. Some will roll their eyes, but the fact that Nicholas' body is the one getting torn into basically means he was saved by a human shield.
Old 10-30-15, 04:21 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 254 Posts

he will live. I have no doubt, because if you kill him, you essentially kill Maggie. She can't take another loss without going off the reservation.
Old 10-30-15, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
How are you folks not seeing how they could easily get him out of that situation. Some will roll their eyes, but the fact that Nicholas' body is the one getting torn into basically means he was saved by a human shield.
because it is stupid? so the zombie just stop once they tear up one guy, and leave the guy screaming like a maniac alone? seriously. no matter how he gets out of it, it is a ridiculous scenario given what we know about zombies.
Old 10-30-15, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
because it is stupid? so the zombie just stop once they tear up one guy, and leave the guy screaming like a maniac alone? seriously. no matter how he gets out of it, it is a ridiculous scenario given what we know about zombies.
I agree. If Glenn is alive then what was the purpose of having his last words to Rick be (the same as his first), "good luck, dumbass" if not for a weak setup to make people think he died? In addition, I saw the episode title, "Thank You" as having a double-meaning. Most obviously, a reference to Nicholas' last words to Glenn, but secondarily in the general sense to Glenn's character over the course of the season.
Old 10-30-15, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 900 Likes on 631 Posts

The idea that Nicholas' body is acting as a human shield for Glenn is ridiculous. The walkers aren't going to stop eating at Nicholas... there's more meat underneath him - so they're going to chomp away. Plus Nicholas' body isn't sitting perfectly on top of Glenn so that his whole body is covered. Glenn's limbs will be sticking out and would easily be bitten. Hell, we see Glenn's entire head and neck exposed - and we've seen multiple times where walkers would chew on people's faces... nevermind the often bitten neck.

Logically, Glenn is dead. There's no way around it. If the show has him survive, then it's the fault of the writing and/or directing.
Old 10-30-15, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 294 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
The idea that Nicholas' body is acting as a human shield for Glenn is ridiculous. The walkers aren't going to stop eating at Nicholas... there's more meat underneath him - so they're going to chomp away. Plus Nicholas' body isn't sitting perfectly on top of Glenn so that his whole body is covered. Glenn's limbs will be sticking out and would easily be bitten. Hell, we see Glenn's entire head and neck exposed - and we've seen multiple times where walkers would chew on people's faces... nevermind the often bitten neck.

Logically, Glenn is dead. There's no way around it. If the show has him survive, then it's the fault of the writing and/or directing.
The zombies seem to get easily distracted. Even when they are gourging on a body, they're often been seen turning away from their meal after some ofther stimuli. There could be some explosion, loud noise, etc. that may distract the zombie just after the scene ended and caused them to lose interest in their prey. Stupid maybe, but possible.
Old 10-30-15, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieguru
The zombies seem to get easily distracted. Even when they are gourging on a body, they're often been seen turning away from their meal after some ofther stimuli. There could be some explosion, loud noise, etc. that may distract the zombie just after the scene ended and caused them to lose interest in their prey. Stupid maybe, but possible.
If that were that case, then the best weapon in the zombie apocalypse is a horn or anything loud. They could've gotten out of so many situations this way if this was actually the case.
Old 10-30-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Everyone was speculating like crazy about who was setting off the horn back at the town that distracted the horde of zombies. I don't think anyone came up with "because the Wolves crashed a truck into the church tower".

Point being, I'm willing to wait and see what happens when we catch back up with Glenn before writing his survival off completely.

If that were that case, then the best weapon in the zombie apocalypse is a horn or anything loud. They could've gotten out of so many situations this way if this was actually the case.
We've seen loud noises distract zombies from the beginning of the show. Not that earth-shattering.
Old 10-30-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Draven
We've seen loud noises distract zombies from the beginning of the show. Not that earth-shattering.
Right, but my point is if the distraction is enough to get 100+ walkers to walk away from their meal (especially the ones immediately surrounding the guys and in mid-chew) - then this apocalypse would've been much easier to contain and the group would've gotten out of a lot of jams with a lot less fatalities.
Old 10-30-15, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 177 Likes on 141 Posts

After all that we saw, if Glenn is still alive that would be a bigger F-you to the audience than killing him.
Old 10-30-15, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts

Seriously. I can't believe people are going with "Nicholas was a body on top of him!" There were hundreds of zombies in that dead end alley. Once they get through Nicholas do they all just get up and leave with full bellies?

Glen surviving will be ridiculously stupid. Jump-the-shark stupid.

Also I hope Rick doesn't lose his hand. Rick will become useless. It didn't work on er, it won't work here.
Old 10-31-15, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Portals.
Old 10-31-15, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
After all that we saw, if Glenn is still alive that would be a bigger F-you to the audience than killing him.
Nah, I'm okay with Glen being alive.
Old 10-31-15, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Not really. The biggest Fuck you (oh my, the horror in actually saying it!) was Fear the walking dead.

But hey, if you want to get offended by some writing to get a lead character out of a cliff hanger situation, by all means be offended and feel as if it "jumped the shark" in a show about the dead coming back to life.

The level some folks hold off their disbelief on certain things and not others is amazing. How are any of those cars still operating on old ass fuel like that? OH no, forget that, let's just focus on stupid shit.
Old 10-31-15, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 260 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
Everyone was speculating like crazy about who was setting off the horn back at the town that distracted the horde of zombies. I don't think anyone came up with "because the Wolves crashed a truck into the church tower".

Point being, I'm willing to wait and see what happens when we catch back up with Glenn before writing his survival off completely.
Exactly. Every time an episode leaves us hanging there are several pages of speculation about it and NOBODY ever guesses right. The writers always come up with something different that nobody guesses.
I do it. I post what I think may happen yet I know it will turn out to be something entirely different.
It is entirely feasible that the writers have a way for Glenn to survive that none of us can think off.
I think he's dead. But I also think above all else that he will remain a show regular. If he is dead they will go with flashbacks or something. But what do I know.
Old 10-31-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 250 Likes on 161 Posts

His rescuers would have to enter the alley right when Nicholas shot himself in order to possibly save Glenn.
Old 10-31-15, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I think it's very obvious that Glenn is not dead.

That scene was a clear misdirection in how it was filmed:
- the way Nicholas fell on top of Glenn
- Glenn and Nicholas both having the same colored undershirt
- the angle of the "guts pulled out" shot and how the guts were higher than Glenn's own chest
- the overhead showing the horde's attack location, but not clearly showing Glenn's body
- the attack location being very close to the dumpster in that overhead shot

AMC put this scene online:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q9fzVW0LUOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only question is how does Glenn get away from the horde without getting bitten. (I predict it'll be a combination of walker guts camouflage and crawling under the dumpster - and then something happens to draw the walkers away so he can get out of there)

And another reason I think Glenn is alive and unbitten (spoiler)...
Spoiler:

...is the comic.

Although I don't think they will do it, if the tv show ever does kill Glenn then it'll be the powerful way it happens in the comic (shown here):
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_6WrmTRzH3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As I said, I don't think this will happen to Glenn on the show (I think he's now one of the untouchable characters on the show and will never be killed). But if the show does decide to have this brutal scene from the comic, I expect it'll be done to a different character, with my prediction is that'll happen to Eugene because it'll be a way for him to bravely die and no longer be thought of as a coward.
Old 10-31-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's one of the many dumpsters that has rusted out a little on the bottom. Climb in and wait them out. Gross, but safe.
Old 10-31-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Seriously. I can't believe people are going with "Nicholas was a body on top of him!" There were hundreds of zombies in that dead end alley. Once they get through Nicholas do they all just get up and leave with full bellies?

Glen surviving will be ridiculously stupid. Jump-the-shark stupid.

Also I hope Rick doesn't lose his hand. Rick will become useless. It didn't work on er, it won't work here.
I still would like to know why the writers had Glenn tell Rick, "good luck, dumbass" in that episode. When I first heard it, it seemed out of place. Was it simply a cheap shot to help convince some of us that Glenn died? Considering that it would be only those who have watched the series from the beginning that would pick up on that makes that cheap shot a sad shot.
Old 10-31-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts

Also if he survives why the continued looks of agony around the 1:50 mark? He also looks like he lays back and resigns himself to death, not fighting to get under the dumpster.
Old 10-31-15, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 298 Likes on 217 Posts

Honestly I don't care one way or the other about Glen but the speculation in here by some is .
Old 10-31-15, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspect he probably smells like kimchi, which is why the mostly white zombies aren't attacking him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.