TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-16, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
re: Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Originally Posted by sracer
Boy will YOU be surprised when it is revealed that Liam is involved with the terrorists.
yep, this show was so predictable.
Old 05-17-16, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

The finale was satisfying but the show took such a convoluted route to get there. This series does not need to be 20 episodes per season. I may watch next year considering a bunch of shows I watch have gotten the ax but I'll probably wait and see what they have planned before I commit.
Old 05-22-16, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I set a series recording on this show right before it started airing b/c I saw Johanna Braddy was in it, and I had really liked her in last summer's Unreal. I binged watched the first half of the season over Christmas and thought it was really dumb but didn't cancel my series recording for some reason.

Just binged the second half of the season and thought it was even dumber. Given how reckless and irresponsible they were during the "training" I don't think a single one of them actually would have become a FBI agent. However, at least for me, the biggest problem is that I didn't even like a single one of the major characters. I wouldn't have minded if Simon had run over all of the other characters on his way to running that bomb off the bridge.
Old 09-25-16, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Quantico (ABC) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/16

Quantico
upload image online

PREMIERE

ALEX PARRISH FACES AN ALL-NEW MYSTERY ON THE SEASON TWO PREMIERE OF 'QUANTICO,' SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25

BLAIR UNDERWOOD, RUSSELL TOVEY, AARON DIAZ AND PEARL THUSI JOIN THE CAST

After the rollercoaster events of season one, in which she cleared her name, saved millions of lives, and discovered the mastermind behind it all was the very man who had trained her at Quantico, American hero Alex Parrish was given a shocking reward: she was fired by the FBI. But in the final moments of the season finale, she was given the chance to serve her country again: in the clandestine ranks of United States' top intelligence agency, the CIA.

"Kudove" - When season two begins, Alex finds herself at "The Farm," the CIA's mysterious training facility. As Alex navigates the dark world of espionage, far different and more dangerous than what she's learned before, she's pulled into the center of a deadly conspiracy that not only threatens the lives of this country's citizens, but the lives of countless others across the globe. This conspiracy calls everyone around her into question, be it new faces from the CIA or old ones from the Bureau. Prepare yourselves for another thrilling and heart-stopping adventure loaded with surprises you won't see coming, on "Quantico," airing SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

"Quantico" stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Blair Underwood as Owen Hall, Aunjanue Ellis as Miranda Shaw, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Yasmine Al Massri as Nimah and Raina Amin, Russell Tovey as Harry Doyle, Aaron Diaz as Leon Velez and Pearl Thusi as Dayana Mampasi.

Guest starring Tracy Ifeachor as Lydia Bates, David Lim as Sebastian Chen, David Call as Jeremy Miller, Danny Johnson as President Todd, Nadia Bowers as First Lady Todd and Henry Czerny as Matthew Keyes.

"Kudove" was written by Joshua Safran and Logan Slakter and directed by Patrick Norris. Executive producers are Joshua Safran, Mark Gordon, Nicholas Pepper, Robert Sertner and Jorge Zamacona. "Quantico" is produced by ABC Studios.

For those curious that never finished season 1, season 2 is a complete reset. It will now take place at the CIA. The 1st season arc was wrapped.

No episode order confirmed yet, but expect it to be a full season.

For anyone who might be interested in finishing the 1st season, it's available on Netflix.

I'll admit that season 1 was pretty tedious to get through, but I thought it had a decent ending.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-25-16 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-25-16, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Quantico (ABC) -- Season 2 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/16

The show got tiresome after awhile. I think I'll wait for the comments before deciding whether to watch season two.
Old 09-25-16, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

IMO, the first season should've only been 12-13 episodes (cut out all the lame and silly red herrings). I also got really tired of the flashbacks/present day back and forths.
Old 09-25-16, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts

Not that it matters or they will actually do anything to address it. But does it even make sense to call this show "Quantico" anymore?
Old 09-25-16, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
Not that it matters or they will actually do anything to address it. But does it even make sense to call this show "Quantico" anymore?
Should rename it Langley.
Old 09-25-16, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

So Should I refer to her as Langley this season instead of Quantico?
Old 09-25-16, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

QUAN2CO

Are they serious?
Old 09-26-16, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^I laughed out loud at that - so lame...pretty sure it was just a one off though as the title at the END was back to 'Quantico'... Decent setup for the season but does feel like this is going to be VERY similar to the first season - setting up a lot of the same dynamic for the main throughline but I'm intrigued.
Old 09-27-16, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Watched the premiere last night. Very similar setup to last night and go figure, they're using non-linear storytelling again. Flashbacks to training at the farm and then flash forward to present time after the terrorist attack. And apparently there is a bad guy among the CIA trainees. My mother dropped the show last season because she got really annoyed with the constant jumps back and forth between present and past time. She said it confused the hell out of her. I doubt she would pick it up again after I tell her it's the same thing again.

Blair Underwood is now part of the cast and seems like he's playing a similar role to the Liam character from last season.

I'm betting that ending with the President's wife about to be executed was just a Red Herring and something or someone will stop it. I would be really surprised if the execution did happen.
Old 09-27-16, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm betting that ending with the President's wife about to be executed was just a Red Herring and something or someone will stop it. I would be really surprised if the execution did happen.
I read an interview on one site or another and the producer says the first lady was beheaded.
Old 09-27-16, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...poilers-932288

Just looked it up and according to the creator, the beheading was real and not a red herring. Wow, kudos to them.
Old 10-03-16, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk God

So far through 2 episodes, this is basically Die Hard the TV series starring Priyanka Chopra.

Unfortunately they didn't show much of the aftermath of the 1st Lady getting decapitated. Just a bunch of background screaming. That was disappointing.

and WTF with that ending? Miranda working the terrorists?
Old 04-01-18, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

It looks like Quantico Season 3 will be premiering on Apr 26 at 10pm. Only about 19 months between season premieres. What's been leaked of the plot suggests a complete reset, totally ignoring the events of the season 2 finale.
Old 04-02-18, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I didn’t know it was coming back.

What crazy hijinx will Quantico have to get herself out of this year?
Old 04-17-18, 05:58 PM

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

Season 3 is on sale for $2.99 at Amazon.

I'm sure it's a mistake, so grab it quick.

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-17-18, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
What crazy hijinx will Quantico have to get herself out of this year?
Spoiler:

As I said, they've basically thrown away last season (and a bunch of the cast):

It’s been three years since American hero Alex Parrish has had to navigate the dangerous waters of the Central Intelligence Agency and put her life on the line for her country. She has been living a peaceful, anonymous life somewhere in Italy. However, Alex is forced to abandon this idyllic existence when Ryan persuades her to help him rescue Shelby from a notorious international arms dealer known only as The Widow, who is holding her hostage – and in exchange for her release she demands something that only Alex can provide. Ryan and Alex recruit Owen and Harry to help rescue their friend and defeat the villain. To help the cause, Owen brings in former agent Jocelyn Turner (Marlee Matlin), who has her own dark past with The Widow. A whole new future lies ahead for this team when they agree to work together as an elite black-ops task force.
Old 04-17-18, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Cool thanks for the headsup. For $3 and 13 episodes, it's fine with me and I can save DVR space when it premieres at the end of the month.
Old 04-26-18, 05:26 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HY5qW4cNuBk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SEASON PREMIERE

ALEX PARRISH IS FORCED TO ABANDON HER SERENE, ANONYMOUS LIFE IN ITALY TO ONCE AGAIN RISK IT ALL FOR HER COUNTRY, AS ABC'S 'QUANTICO' PREMIERES FOR ITS THIRD SEASON, THURSDAY, APRIL 26

Marlee Matlin and Alan Powell Join the Cast as a New Black-Ops Team Takes on Explosive Cases Each Week

Tony Award(R)-Winner Jayne Houdyshell ('The Humans') Guest Stars as The Widow

It's been three years since American hero Alex Parrish has had to navigate the dangerous waters of the Central Intelligence Agency and put her life on the line for her country. She has been living a peaceful, anonymous life somewhere in Italy. However, Alex is forced to abandon this idyllic existence when Ryan persuades her to help him rescue Shelby from a notorious international arms dealer known only as The Widow, who is holding her hostage - and in exchange for her release she demands something that only Alex can provide, when "Quantico" premieres for its third season, THURSDAY, APRIL 26 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

In the premiere episode, "The Conscience Code," Ryan and Alex recruit Owen and Harry to help rescue their friend and defeat the villain. To help the cause, Owen brings in former agent Jocelyn Turner (Marlee Matlin), who has her own dark past with The Widow. A whole new future lies ahead for this team when they agree to work together as an elite black-ops task force and the thrilling, heart-stopping adventures continue.

"Quantico" stars Priyanka Chopra as Alex Parrish, Jake McLaughlin as Ryan Booth, Johanna Braddy as Shelby Wyatt, Russell Tovey as Harry Doyle, Alan Powell as Mike McQuigg, with Marlee Matlin as Jocelyn Turner and Blair Underwood as Owen Hall.

Guest starring are Jayne Houdyshell as The Widow, Jay Armstrong Johnson as Will Olsen, Nathan Darrow as Felix Pillay and Jamie Jackson as Gavin Pillay.

"The Conscience Code" was written by Michael Seitzman and directed by Russell Lee Fine.

"Quantico" was created by Josh Safran.

Executive producers include Michael Seitzman, who is also the series showrunner; Russell Lee Fine, Adam Armus, Robert Sertner, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper. "Quantico" is produced by ABC Studios.

"Quantico" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, LV parental guideline.