Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
re: Quantico (ABC) -- Series Thread -- S: Priyanka Chopra

After Sunday's episode, I really have no idea at this point who the terrorist could be. Looks like the twins were just a red herring (as teased the previous week)

I'm also a little surprised the FBI is giving these relatively new recruits such complex undercover assignments barely out of Quantico. Hence, the twins assignment. At least they're finally out in the flashbacks.

That fake bomb test was pretty lame though.
Old 11-10-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
After Sunday's episode, I really have no idea at this point who the terrorist could be.
I'm thinking after Sunday's episode, I really don't care at this point who the terrorist could be.
Old 11-10-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

After Sunday's episode, I really have no idea at this point who the terrorist could be. Looks like the twins were just a red herring (as teased the previous week)
I enjoy the show, but my problem with it is that EVERYONE has been a red herring. First Shelby, then Caleb, then the twins. I expect it to swing back to Simeon then Booth eventually. At this point I'll bet it's not one of the main NAT and some one like JKF Jr. or Elias.

Another thing I have a problem with is how quick everyone is able to commit treason. Most Federal agency are not ends justify then means type places.
Old 11-10-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Quantico is quickly building up such a huge, twisted background that I doubt it leads to a satisfying conclusion. I agree that the "training exercise" where they actually believed a real bomb had been planted was dumb as bricks.

This is basically the FBI version of 24 with younger, sexier leads.
Old 11-10-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Quantico is quickly building up such a huge, twisted background that I doubt it leads to a satisfying conclusion.
I wonder if that's why they cast Jacob from Lost.
Old 11-10-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Quantico is quickly building up such a huge, twisted background that I doubt it leads to a satisfying conclusion. I agree that the "training exercise" where they actually believed a real bomb had been planted was dumb as bricks.

This is basically the FBI version of 24 with younger, sexier leads.
Boy will YOU be surprised when it is revealed that Liam is involved with the terrorists.
Old 11-10-15, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I'm thinking after Sunday's episode, I really don't care at this point who the terrorist could be.
Yeah, at this point I just stopped caring. I have the show in the background because fuck it.
Old 11-10-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

Islamic terrorists? So ABC did have the balls to go there.

Looks like my theory is done. I'll just go with the flow now, I have no idea what's going on.
Old 11-15-15, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

This show is the most confusing one I've ever watched.
I can barely figure out what's current time or what's in the past.

Then Quantico shows up at the fbi office and makes an announcement that makes
her sound as guilty as the FBi thinks she is.
Old 11-16-15, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I've pretty much given up giving a shit and wonder why the fuck I'm still watching this.
Old 12-01-15, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Got caught up with the last 2 episodes last night.

The constant jumps between Quantico and post-bombing are getting a little confusing. I thought the editing in Sunday's episode was very choppy.

I guess they're throwing us another Red Herring with Simon being a potential suspect.

Kind of a waste of Oded Fehr casting him as some kind of spook interrogator. Although I did sort of enjoy seeing him torture Booth.
Old 12-07-15, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is anyone still watching this? I think it's time I finally pull the plug. My DVR cut off the last 15 minutes of this week's episode and I don't even care to track it down.
Old 12-07-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I still watch.

Mostly just to see what crazy mixed up situation Quantico gets herself into every week.
Old 12-07-15, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is anyone still watching this? I think it's time I finally pull the plug. My DVR cut off the last 15 minutes of this week's episode and I don't even care to track it down.
This latest episode actually had me questioning myself why I continue watching Quantico. What we all knew was coming came to pass - the FBI magically cleared everyone involved and now the former students are looking for the "real" terrorist in their class. In real life virtually all of the agents would have been fired from the FBI and likely charged with several criminal violations, including treason.

I just don't understand how this concept can be a continuing series with a satisfying story line. I find Shelby's personal arc very funny and is just about the last reason I am still sticking around. It's only a matter of time until she drops the father and starts dating his son again.
Old 12-08-15, 06:02 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
I still watch.

Mostly just to see what crazy mixed up situation Quantico gets herself into every week.
Old 12-08-15, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

This latest episode actually had me questioning myself why I continue watching Quantico. What we all knew was coming came to pass - the FBI magically cleared everyone involved and now the former students are looking for the "real" terrorist in their class. In real life virtually all of the agents would have been fired from the FBI and likely charged with several criminal violations, including treason.

I just don't understand how this concept can be a continuing series with a satisfying story line. I find Shelby's personal arc very funny and is just about the last reason I am still sticking around. It's only a matter of time until she drops the father and starts dating his son again.
I find "Quantico" to be very similar in style to "How To Get Away With Murder" in that it just throws plot-twist after plot-twist combined with very hectic pacing/editing, -its very much the style of the moment. They seem like natural extensions of what "Scandal" started, story-wise.

As for Shelby, hasn't she unofficially dropped the father in the present, or am I (understandably) confused (which is the big problem with the pace of the show)?
Old 12-08-15, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony
This show is the most confusing one I've ever watched.
I can barely figure out what's current time or what's in the past.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. The only time I could tell which timeline was what was when they showed the blond girl, because she has shorter hair in the future.

I think the two timelines are the stupidest thing about this show. It's bad enough when TV episodes do the whole "3 days earlier" trope after the cliffhanger beginning but this whole series is based on that and it is dumb.
Old 12-08-15, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. The only time I could tell which timeline was what was when they showed the blond girl, because she has shorter hair in the future.

I think the two timelines are the stupidest thing about this show. It's bad enough when TV episodes do the whole "3 days earlier" trope after the cliffhanger beginning but this whole series is based on that and it is dumb.
Agreed. I am watching to see how this case works out, but I'm not up for a second case, whether this season or next. The fragmented timeline is a major problem and the juvenile behavior by all. "90210 Does Quantico"
Old 12-08-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be fine if they just stopped showing class scenes and stuck with the present day scenes.
Old 12-08-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by resinrats
I'd be fine if they just stopped showing class scenes and stuck with the present day scenes.
I'm actually the opposite. The scenes in the present drag for me and I have no interest in the aftermath of a major terrorist attack, which is so far outside of our reality in how it is being handled that I can't care about it. I would much rather prefer if they had stuck with the student timeline at Quantico instead of this two-timeline gimmick.

Quantico and its ilk seem to be the result of marrying 24 with soapish plot twists.
Old 12-08-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

I could have sworn on one of the computer screens during the aftermath of the attack it said June 2016. So I'm guessing the Quantico scenes are supposed to take place in real time.
Old 12-08-15, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm actually the opposite. The scenes in the present drag for me and I have no interest in the aftermath of a major terrorist attack, which is so far outside of our reality in how it is being handled that I can't care about it. I would much rather prefer if they had stuck with the student timeline at Quantico instead of this two-timeline gimmick.
That's exactly how I feel. I cancelled my season pass. I think there is only episode left for the fall and I saw it doesn't come back until March. Will anyone even care then? I am cutting my losses now.

I'd rather re-watch a good show like Fargo a second time than stick with this.
Old 12-08-15, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I could have sworn on one of the computer screens during the aftermath of the attack it said June 2016.
So I'm guessing the Quantico scenes are supposed to take place in real time.
You are correct. At the end of last weeks episode there was the courtroom scene where Alex pleads guilty and before she did so the judge mention the date and it was June something 2016. So the Quantico scenes are in the present and the attack happened sometime during the month/year of June 2016. Before I heard that I thought the Quantico scenes happened in the past and the attack was in present time.
Old 12-08-15, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts

Kind of a waste of Oded Fehr casting him as some kind of spook interrogator. Although I did sort of enjoy seeing him torture Booth.
Too bad he can't torture all of these assholes.
Old 12-09-15, 02:42 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Me too. I've been traveling and fell asleep about 45 minutes in. I'm sure nothing of any lasting importance happened, if it did it will be retconned next episode. Nice eye candy though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.