Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rosewood (FOX) - Series Thread - premieres 9/23/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-15, 07:12 AM

Received 4,578 Likes on 3,099 Posts
Rosewood (FOX) - Series Thread - premieres 9/23/15

MEET DR. BEAUMONT ROSEWOOD, JR., THE BEST PATHOLOGIST IN THE 305, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "ROSEWOOD" WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, ON FOX

Set against the vibrant backdrop of one of the world's hottest cities - Miami - private pathologist DR. BEAUMONT ROSEWOOD, JR. (Morris Chestnut, "Nurse Jackie," "The Best Man" franchise) must crack a case that hits close to home. As he begins his investigation, Detective ANNALISE VILLA (Jaina Lee Ortiz, "The After") gives him a run for his money as they cross paths and are forced to work together to help the Miami PD solve the case in the all-new "Pilot" series premiere episode of ROSEWOOD airing Wednesday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (ROS-101) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Morris Chestnut as Dr. Beaumont Rosewood, Jr.; Jaina Lee Ortiz as Det. Annalise Villa; Lorraine Toussaint as Donna Rosewood; Gabrielle Dennis as Pippy Rosewood; Anna Konkle as Tara Milly Izikoff; Domenick Lombardozzi as Capt. Ira Hornstock

CREW INFORMATION:
· Marty Bowen as EP
· Richard Shepard as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Todd Harthan as CRTR/EP
· Wyck Godfrey as EP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FhhYJXV508A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by dex14; 09-21-16 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-23-15, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Rosewood (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - premieres 9/23/15

Where's Judge Reinhold?
Old 09-23-15, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

15 minutes in and this is a bad procedural.

Surprised to see Anthony Michael Hall though. Is he a series regular? He's not credited.
Old 09-24-15, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

I enjoyed it. Chustnut is cocky and charismatic without being an ass (he's very pretty too). Ortiz comes off as interesting and competent. The two have good chemistry together and their respective back stories have promise. It's not original but there's only so much you can do with a police show. I'll keep watching.
Old 09-27-15, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jadzia
15 minutes in and this is a bad procedural.

Surprised to see Anthony Michael Hall though. Is he a series regular? He's not credited.
No he had guest star status. Just there for the pilot it seems.

I'll watch it, but its definitely a wannabe Bones. I can see the full season order, but that's it.
Old 09-28-15, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Watched this earlier today.

I kind of liked it. It certainly helps that Morris Chestnut is a really charming and likable actor. I thought Rosewood was a very likable character and I liked his chemistry with Detective Villa.

Saw the long scar on Rosewood's chest, so I guess he had some kind of heart operation in the past.

I guess Rosewood's sister is lesbian and the blonde colleague is her girlfriend?

Seems like a light and breezy procedural with the Miami setting. I don't see this being a hot topic show, but it will be a fun watch with Empire on Wednesdays.
Old 09-28-15, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I still love Bones, but yes...it is getting to be a bit long in the tooth. I had no idea what this show was about prior to dvring it, and I ended up enjoying it a whole heck of a lot.
Old 09-28-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Sows like this hinge on teh chemistry between the two leads. If its believeable, the show has a shot. I enjoyed the pilot. The chemistry was there, basically morris chesnutt has enough chemistry for the both of them I thought. The question I have is if we really need another male/female cop and partner show, much less a male/female cop/dr. show. Seems like there are a bunch of those now or in the recent past. I did find Rosewoods setup interesting, as he isn't an ME but a private, for profit, pathologist. Of course he has a backstory, and of course she has a backstory. He is dying and she has a dead husband. I'll give it a shot as I did enjoy the story, but it all seems like a retread of sorts.
Old 09-28-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I guess Rosewood's sister is lesbian and the blonde colleague is her girlfriend?
Since they talked about their upcoming marriage in their first scene, your guess is probably right.
Old 09-20-16, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

This thread has been dead for almost 1 year, but has anyone else followed and kept up with Rosewood? Season 2 starts Thursday.

I finished season 1 a few months ago on Hulu and the show actually got really good towards the end. I think I binge watched 10 episodes (my backlog) and finished them in 2 days.

It's still 1st and foremost a procedural, but they actually developed the characters quite well. Villa, Rosey and even Rosey's lesbian sister were developed well as the season progressed. Chestnut and Ortiz developed really good chemistry as the season progressed. Jaina Lee Ortiz is a really beautiful woman. I was intoxicated every time she appeared on screen. It was natural that Villa and Rosewood would develop an attraction. I think the characters helped this from being just another cookie cutter police/medical procedural.

Of course, Rosewood and Villa were about to go on a date in the finale, when he discovered that her dead husband may have been murdered and that pissed her off and she threw him out of her house. I'm looking forward to seeing how that transpires on Thursday.

I saw that Eddie Cibrian is a new regular and I really don't like that guy. He fucked up the chemistry of CSI: Miami years ago. I hope he doesn't fuck up this show.

dex14, I guess you could go ahead and change this to "Series Thread" since the activity was minimal.
Old 09-21-16, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Rosewood (FOX) - Series Thread - premieres 9/23/15

One of the best reasons to watch Rosewood:

Old 09-21-16, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The first season was much better than I thought it would be. Yes it's by the numbers formulaic but the lead actors have great chemistry and aren't annoying. I'm in for season two.
Old 09-27-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Good start to season 2.

Was really glad they didn't drag out the hostility between Rosey and Villa after the blowup in last season's finale. Surprised that she actually apologized to him. Now they're going to pursue the killer of her husband together. I'm sure they'll re-visit their "romance" again in the future.

I actually kind of liked Eddie Cibrian as the new Captain. Kind of snarky and sarcastic. Read that he actually replaced Brian Austin Green, who was originally supposed to play that part. I have to believe the part was re-written. There's no way that BAG would have been a believable police captain.
Old 09-27-16, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Need an update on the title to show season 2
Old 10-12-16, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk God

I was quite surprised. Last Thursday's episode of Rosewood quickly wrapped up this storyline about Villa's husband being murdered.

Turned out he was actually undercover and got killed because of it. Looks like with that wrapped the show is going back to being case of the week mostly. I do hope they re-visit Rosie and Villa's relationship. They do have really solid chemistry. Also, I noticed it looks like they dropped Villa's Mom from the show.

The scenes with Ira and Captain Slade were hilarious last week.

I hope Rosewood manages to hang on. I heard it's been stumbling being on Thursdays. I would really miss seeing Jaina Lee Ortiz if Rosewood got cancelled.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-12-16 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-12-16, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Everything struggles against Thursday night football so I hope FOX takes that into consideration. The show has been entertaining. I too was surprised that they solved the husband's murder so quickly maybe they did it so that Rosie and Villa could get together?
Old 01-09-17, 04:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So is anybody still watching this? It just came back from the holidays last week, and I streamed the episode over the weekend. Quite a shocker this past episode, but I just had a feeling that
Spoiler:
Tawnya
was up to no good. I also enjoyed that
Spoiler:
Pip and Tara got back together, even if it was one night (those two deserve to be together more than Rosie and Villa).
I just wish they would feature more of Mitchie (I honestly wish he would have just had a spinoff show but that's me).
Old 01-09-17, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still watching and yeah that last twist was interesting. Part of me wishes that the writers would just let the main characters be happy in their respective relationships. The drama of the show should be the cases. You're on your own with the Mitchie love; he's a mess.
Old 01-09-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

We're still watching.

Up until this ep the season has really goofy.

The cut to commercial with the sunburst thing is it of place on this show.

Rosie is basically an ME with superpowers now.

He can use his powers to get anyone to trust and talk to him. Even a crazy hostage holder.
Old 01-10-17, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Playing catch up via Hulu. Currently on episode 8. Really don't like Rosie's new girlfriend Tawnya.

(didn't realize until I researched LeToya Luckett that she was a former member of Destiny's Child)

I know the writers feel like it's way too early in the show's run to pair up Rosie and Villa romantically.

I mentioned earlier that Villa's Mom seemed to have disappeared, but she did come back in episode 7.
Old 01-11-17, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Playing catch up via Hulu. Currently on episode 8. Really don't like Rosie's new girlfriend Tawnya.

(didn't realize until I researched LeToya Luckett that she was a former member of Destiny's Child)

I know the writers feel like it's way too early in the show's run to pair up Rosie and Villa romantically.

I mentioned earlier that Villa's Mom seemed to have disappeared, but she did come back in episode 7.
All I'm going to say with Tawnya is get to episode 10.

Villa's mom will probably pop in and out since she's still dating Ira. No need at this point to make her anything but an occasional character to bounce off of.

I do feel that they need to keep teasing Rosie and Villa for now (but no payoff, or a payoff and then sliding back) because its part of the dynamic between the two. If they suddenly get together and actually stay together, then it's not as fun anymore. You only pull that trigger when you've exhausted that side of the relationship or the show is going to end permanently so that everybody goes home happy.
Old 01-15-17, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Currently on episode 9 (episode that aired before the Holiday break)

Looks like Rosewood is in the same universe as Bones.

Carla Gallo (Daisy Wick from Bones) guest starred. Plus, they also referenced Temperance when they brought her in. Looks like she's a former college roommate of Tara.

Too bad Bones is on it's last legs. It might have been neat doing a Bones-Rosewood crossover. Would have made more sense than the Bones-Sleepy Hollow crossover last season.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-15-17 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-16-17, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Holy shit!

Did not see that twist coming with Tawnya. She turned out to be a scumbag grifter and robbed him blind.

Wow that was a pretty big kick in the nuts. Rosie is going to be a wreck for awhile.
Old 01-17-17, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah Rosie acting out was interesting to watch in last week's episode.
Old 01-17-17, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Yeah Rosie acting out was interesting to watch in last week's episode.
Yup, I liked the different tone last week and hope that it continues for a few weeks before we get back happy & jolly Rosie. I think they could have played out the whole
Spoiler:
Selling the GTO and getting it back in the same episode
thing a little longer, but it was very good. Also, I got some Mitchie and JooJoo in the same episode which to me anyway makes it a better episode automatically.

Finally, Slade continues to be...arguably the best thing about this season. Every episode it seems like we get another layer of the guy to peel off and this one was no different. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be some evil guy down the road. I think that would be a mistake.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.