Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The League (FXX) - The 7th and Final Season Thread - premieres 9/9/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: The League (FXX) - The 7th and Final Season Thread - premieres 9/9/15

I think he meant Dirty Randy. I confuse the two all the time.
Old 12-11-15, 11:30 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Jenny was one of the better characters in the show IMO. Plus, she's super milfy hot.

The last episode was OK. Really fizzled out... not sad it's gone.
Old 12-11-15, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Jenny's been on the show since season 1 episode 1.
Yes, she was on the show but watch those early seasons again. She's much less prominent and receives far less screen time. Jenny was mostly the token wife character like Ruxin's wife in those early seasons. Sometime around season 3, there was a concerted effort to make her a much bigger part of the 'boys' and their antics.

Just life Raffi grew from a couple of appearances making cameos here and there into practically a regular by the end.
Old 12-11-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't mind Jenny, but the situations were definitely funnier with her when she was trying to get in to the League and managing Kevin's team. That said, the writing has been poor all around for a few seasons so I don't think concentrating on just the guys would have made much of a difference these last few seasons. The writers really seemed like they just ran out of ideas, and the weak end to what should have been a far more interesting and funny Shiva Bowl shows that.
Old 12-11-15, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I wish they would have had Pete end up with the real Shiva. It would have been funny to have him get the Sacko, but end up banging the real Shiva along with him winning the million dollars.
Old 12-11-15, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I was in a meeting today with someone who could be Shiva's younger, hotter sister. It was ridiculously distracting.
Old 12-12-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't mind Jenny, but the situations were definitely funnier with her when she was trying to get in to the League and managing Kevin's team.
that was a great gag, but I don't think it could have been sustained for the entire show.
That said, the writing has been poor all around for a few seasons so I don't think concentrating on just the guys would have made much of a difference these last few seasons. The writers really seemed like they just ran out of ideas, and the weak end to what should have been a far more interesting and funny Shiva Bowl shows that.
I was under the impression that the show isn't really "written" and that much of the dialogue is improvised.
Old 12-12-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
that was a great gag, but I don't think it could have been sustained for the entire show.
I don't think so either, just saying she was certainly funnier earlier on.

I was under the impression that the show isn't really "written" and that much of the dialogue is improvised.
I'm sure they have some idea for the various plots they want to do.

Last edited by fumanstan; 12-12-15 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-12-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
I wish they would have had Pete end up with the real Shiva. It would have been funny to have him get the Sacko, but end up banging the real Shiva along with him winning the million dollars.
Meh, Andre already banged Shiva (and Kevin banged ugly Shiva back in high school) - so Pete ending up with her wouldn't be a big deal. I predicted that Pete would win the Shiva because we never saw him win (he won his Shiva's before the show started) - but I guess having him win 1mill in another FF league and winning the Sacko is good since we've never seen him come in first or last - so we got both. The coin winning the Shiva was just lame.

I didn't get the humour with Meegan's kid being Pete's instead of Andre. And it's pretty shitty of all of them to hide it from him. Hard to like the characters are something like that.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over. The quality level went down drastically - especially this year. Killing off Sofia with only a couple episodes to go really made no sense.
Old 12-12-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
Meh, Andre already banged Shiva (and Kevin banged ugly Shiva back in high school) - so Pete ending up with her wouldn't be a big deal. I predicted that Pete would win the Shiva because we never saw him win (he won his Shiva's before the show started) - but I guess having him win 1mill in another FF league and winning the Sacko is good since we've never seen him come in first or last - so we got both. The coin winning the Shiva was just lame.

I didn't get the humour with Meegan's kid being Pete's instead of Andre. And it's pretty shitty of all of them to hide it from him. Hard to like the characters are something like that.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over. The quality level went down drastically - especially this year. Killing off Sofia with only a couple episodes to go really made no sense.

Exactly, that would make them all Eskimo brothers, which would fit in perfectly with the show.

Also, you liked the characters all the way up to now but THAT made you dislike them? they were all bastards for the entire run of the show on par with Seinfeld, only times 1000.
Old 12-12-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Also, you liked the characters all the way up to now but THAT made you dislike them? they were all bastards for the entire run of the show on par with Seinfeld, only times 1000.
Naw, they were never really all that likeable - but this just seemed like a whole different level of cruelty to me.
Old 12-13-15, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

It did seem mean-spirited for a finale but I guess they wanted to gang up on Andre one last time.
Old 12-13-15, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say that about these guys...about the Always Sunny guys, yes, these guys, no.
Old 03-29-16, 05:08 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's had a few good moments but overall a disappointing final season. killing off Sofia just made no sense

didn't like the ending at all

Only good thing was Shiva in the final episodes, hot as hell
Old 09-12-23, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Just finished binged this, as I had missed seasons 5-7 for some reason way back when. I agree that I didn't see the need to kill Sofia as well, like what was the point? Also the baby being Pete's was dumb as well, the flash-forward wasn't that satisfying either.

I do think it would be fun if it had a revival of sorts, but maybe I just think most anything post-Covid life would be funny with jokes that can be made, but that's probably just thinking of any jokes in present time.