TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 17 After Dark/Live Feed Spoiler Thread

Old 08-02-15, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Big Brother 17 After Dark/Live Feed Spoiler Thread

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post
Drunk Meg dry humping Clay while Shelli was in DR was pretty awesome.
I read that, and it did sound great. "She loves Clay more". We now know Meg's strategy.

Meanwhile, if Clay stays then James takes a hit on his romantic chances too (not that anything was really happening, but zero will be going on for him while Meg comforts Clay in bed).

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
I think targeting Vanessa probably would have been the best move for James, but he doesn't have the benefit of the live feeds so he doesn't get to see what's going on in the rest of the house. He probably viewed her as more trustworthy.
Oh yeah. That's absolutely where his head is at (while he's not convincing himself that everyone will want a friendly week next week with Steve as the target).

Also, even if he did put her up, actually getting her voted out is a whole other thing. I think the only possible way you could do it would be to have her on the block against Liz, and even that only guarantees you four votes.

I think putting Austin on the block would have been doing them a favor. No one would care if he left.
I admit it's tough to get rid of Vanessa, but IF he could turn Clay & Shelli then that would be 4/5 votes with Meg & Jackie, just needing one more. Steve & Julia wouldn't do it, but John and Becky are possible. But I actually think that Liz would keep Austin, the same way she voted to keep Jeff. She likes him a little more than she wants to admit, but more importantly, she believes she can control him.

I think that this move ensures James goes asap, while getting Vanessa or even Austin out would have improved his chances, even if only a little, and still let him claim to be targeting someone big. Of course it's too late now unless he uses the veto.
Old 08-03-15, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's official... Clelli is getting split up.
Old 08-04-15, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As far as I saw it, they were running the house. Even Vanessa told Austin that he had to convince them not to put him up. You gotta split up those couples.
Old 08-06-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So going into today I wasn't sure who was going home. Sure, they had the votes to keep Shelli, but it would have pissed off half the house so it was far from a sure thing. Leave it to Vanessa to find away to get Clay evicted with James approval. She's certainly a different kind of "mastermind".
Old 08-07-15, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

She has burned so many bridges though to get her way in the votes,without multiple comp wins she is probably an early juror . ADC(James,Becky,Meg) want her out and she is also J-Mac and Beckys main target.
Old 08-07-15, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well the plan as of now is not to put her up directly, but to backdoor her. Seems like a stupid idea to me, but when Jackie is the smart one in your alliance... Just put her up with Shelli and be done with it. That way you're assured one of them goes home. This way Vanessa can win veto and save Shelli, and either Austin, Liz, or Steve goes home (Steve is the other planned initial nom).

Ironically, this was the competition that you would have wanted Clay there. I actually figured it was coming this week.
Old 08-07-15, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Plan as of now is Shelli (plan B) & Steve (pawn) on the block

...with (real target) Vanessa as backdoor
Old 08-07-15, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If Vanessa is your plan A then why not just put her up to begin with. While she's been ok in challenges it's not as if she's been a challenge beast. And unless Steve boldly decided to show all of his cards no one other than Shelli would use the veto on her b/c of the consequences, and Shelli would use it on herself.
Old 08-08-15, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, Steve won veto so if Becky follows through and nominates Vanessa there might be some real slash and burn this week in the fight between Shelli and Vanessa to stay.
Old 08-08-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^ That should be interesting. Becky says that during the veto ceremony she is going to tell Vanessa that she made some really good arguments for Shelli to stay when she uses the POV and puts Vanessa on the block.
Old 08-08-15, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ironically, this was the competition that you would have wanted Clay there. I actually figured it was coming this week.
I said the same thing elsewhere. Generally this move made the most sense for 6th Sense, but Clay crushed Becky in the comp. with rolling that ball 250 times and I think he would have been a lot more competitive on this HOH.

If Vanessa is your plan A then why not just put her up to begin with.
Four reasons that I can think of.

1. Becky wanted to do what the "house wanted" and put Shelli up, but then she specifically wanted to take her down to prove loyalty to Shelli, as she wants to work with her going forward. On Thursday she made it clear that Vanessa is 100% her target, while Sheli is 0% her target.

2. By not being on the block, Vanessa only had a 3/8 chance to play in veto and if she was sold on John being the bd target then there was less of a chance that she would win veto (if she played), and a greater chance that Austin, Liz or Julia might use it if they won.

3. Speaking of which, since Vanessa isn't supposed to have had any idea that she is the target, by backdooring her they give her less chance to campaign in advance and it's more likely that she wouldn't mentally screw with whoever did win Veto.

4. The main 2 alliances are supposed to be neutral and go after Steve, John and Shelli before taking on each other. They both want to break that, but only if they can for sure take out someone from the other side. Putting Vanessa up immediately cancels that agreement. If someone had won this Veto and left it the same then Becky could say "Great plan, it worked, we kept the agreement and we'll expect 6th Sense to do the same if they win next week".

Well, Steve won veto so if Becky follows through and nominates Vanessa there might be some real slash and burn this week in the fight between Shelli and Vanessa to stay.
Oh yeah, this is going to be really interesting. First Vanessa is going to push so hard for Steve to leave it the same, promising the support of the 4 votes from Freaks & Geeks, and then they could argue that while Becky might prefer Steve out, then some others like James and probably Jackie would prefer Shelli out. So that Steve would be safer than Vanessa if he stays up.

Which is true, but of course it's a huge risk to leave himself on the block, and especially as it would send a big signal that he thinks himself safe, which is hard to argue as people like Becky, James, Meg, etc. will be telling him to use it on himself, and John who he's close to wants Vanessa gone bad. So by not using it he'd be setting himself up as a major player with a big profile, pissing off an ally and the HOH, which is the exact opposite of his game.

So I think he has to use it, but then that puts Vanessa vs. Shelli which will be epic, as 6th Sense would prefer to keep Vanessa but can't really tell Shelli that, while Becky wants Vanessa out, but while James and Jackie & Meg do want Vanessa out, they might prefer that Shelli be the one to actually go (James is especially worried about her), but that would be going against their new ally Becky's wishes. This might also be the week that the John/Steve/Shelli/Becky alliance finally happens.
Old 08-10-15, 05:55 PM

Well, Vanessa is the replacement nominee and its been a rollercoaster ever since. Vanessa knew something was up because "Production" woke them early and that's what they do when there's a blind-side in the works (Vanessa thinks they want to get the meeting going before someone can change their mind). Apparently, there was a blow-up at the meeting and she felt Becky got "personal" rather than frame it as a "game move". We've all seen how Vanessa gets and that's how she got. Vanessa also revealed that Becky informed on James' alliance's plans to Clay and Shelli. Vanessa is supposedly promising a "bitter jury". Could be a fun week, since that's only the first elimination of the night.

A fun moment along the way:

BB (the omnipresent voice): "Please don't quote from movies!"
Austin: "You talkin' to me?"
Old 08-11-15, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's still early, but it's looking good for Vanessa if she doesn't overplay. And it all at least partially started b/c Clay left some shirts for James (he's been gaining weight), and Shelli didn't like it so she stole them on Sunday. Reaffirmed to James that she was never going to get over it.
Old 08-12-15, 01:56 AM

Shelli might very well be the biggest idiot in BB history.

It's probably not a great idea to intentionally piss off other HG when your ass is sitting on the block.
Old 08-12-15, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very dumb move for sure. I hope that Shelli can overcome it though, as I'd much prefer to see her stay than Audrey 2.0.
Old 08-12-15, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shelli doesn't really have the negotiation skills or the current relationship with the Goblins to overcome it. The shirt thing was just an obvious thing for James to point out. She's hasn't even been campaigning, and it is no secret who her targets are.

At this point if she ends up staying it will be b/c of Becky or b/c Vanessa imploded. The one thing Vanessa has going for her is that she hasn't even had to lie about Becky. Becky never shuts up so she said everything Vanessa accused her of saying.
Old 08-13-15, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shelli doesn't really have the negotiation skills or the current relationship with the Goblins to overcome it. The shirt thing was just an obvious thing for James to point out. She's hasn't even been campaigning, and it is no secret who her targets are.
You're right. Which, if the goblins had been thinking, would have been great clues that she's not the mastermind in the house, now or before. Perhaps the goblins just don't care, thinking purely about Shelli vs. James. I'm not entirely caught up on Wednesday's events yet, but it would be nice if they figured out that Vanessa isn't entirely alone save for Shelli. Last I read they still didn't think Austwins were in any sort of an alliance.

At this point if she ends up staying it will be b/c of Becky or b/c Vanessa imploded. The one thing Vanessa has going for her is that she hasn't even had to lie about Becky. Becky never shuts up so she said everything Vanessa accused her of saying.
It definitely seems very unlikely that Shelli stays, minus a big event. What about the Generals though? Vanessa used that against Becky and I don't recall any actual alliance by that name.
Old 08-13-15, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's something Becky threw out in one of her verbal diarrhea sessions, and it wasn't something that actually happened. Unfortunately for her, it wasn't the first time she had brought up that name for an alliance, and James remembered it from earlier so it helped validate what Vanessa was saying.
Old 08-13-15, 08:58 PM

Spoiler:
Shelli evicted. Steve wins HOH and puts Meg and Jackie on the block. John wins POV and decides not to use it. Jackie is evicted.
Old 08-14-15, 12:19 AM

The new HOH is:
Spoiler:
Liz.
Old 08-14-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It would be a Howie move for Austin to do it, but Vanessa might implode her way out of the house this week.

(and yes I realize that Liz is technically HOH)
Old 08-14-15, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A quick preview of the rest of this season:

And it was so good up until now.
Old 08-15-15, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nah, they don't trust Vanessa much anymore. She really needs to win HOH next week to re-establish trust or go after them.

Liz won OTEV so it looks like Becky will be stepping out on Thursday.
Old 08-16-15, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm rooting for the mantis as next HOH

Old 08-19-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So Austin finger banged Liz under the covers, but from a great camera angle, with the lights on and you can see she finished. Looks like their alliance is A-OK.

Last edited by stingermck; 08-19-15 at 02:29 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.