Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Under the Dome (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 6/25/15

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 826 Likes on 698 Posts
Re: Under the Dome (CBS) -- Season 3 Thread -- Premieres 6/25/15

One last recap of the finale before Under The Dome surrenders to the abyss from which it came.

http://www.tv.com/shows/under-the-do...-144192402482/

Showing once again that networks don't care at all about DVR viewers, Under The Dome was the summer's most DVRed show. You all have blood on your hands for not watching it live.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/cbs...-dvr-playback/
Old 09-17-15, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
One last recap of the finale before Under The Dome surrenders to the abyss from which it came.

http://www.tv.com/shows/under-the-do...-144192402482/

Showing once again that networks don't care at all about DVR viewers, Under The Dome was the summer's most DVRed show. You all have blood on your hands for not watching it live.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/cbs...-dvr-playback/
Networks need to get a clue about how many people DVR shows. I`m not watching shows live, it is too controlling, I watch them when I want to.
Old 09-17-15, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 197 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Networks need to get a clue about how many people DVR shows. I`m not watching shows live, it is too controlling, I watch them when I want to.
Unfortunately it is not the networks who need to get a clue on this particular issue of live vs dvr. I'm sure they already know this.

One needs to convince the advertisers of this. If advertisers do not care about dvr viewers and/or are not willing to pay for the dvr ratings, then there is nothing the networks can do about it.
Old 09-17-15, 07:49 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

Another Stephen King adaptation coming to TV, this time The Mist:
http://deadline.com/2015/09/mist-tv-...ng-1201530407/
Old 09-17-15, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy
Unfortunately it is not the networks who need to get a clue on this particular issue of live vs dvr. I'm sure they already know this.

One needs to convince the advertisers of this. If advertisers do not care about dvr viewers and/or are not willing to pay for the dvr ratings, then there is nothing the networks can do about it.
Unfortunately there is no compelling reason for advertisers to care about dvr viewers.
Old 09-17-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
Unfortunately there is no compelling reason for advertisers to care about dvr viewers.
Exactly, they know everyone just bypasses the ads.
Old 09-17-15, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by morriscroy

They need to figure something else out. They are so far behind on how people watch tv these days. I do hate ads. Yet I have said, as long as I can go on the computer and watch any new show I want (even with forced annoying ads) fine! I just want to watch the show on my terms.

They still have not gotten that right. You often have to have cable to watch the shows online....what? Then I would just DVR it!
Old 09-19-15, 08:05 AM

Received 197 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
They need to figure something else out. They are so far behind on how people watch tv these days. I do hate ads. Yet I have said, as long as I can go on the computer and watch any new show I want (even with forced annoying ads) fine! I just want to watch the show on my terms.

They still have not gotten that right. You often have to have cable to watch the shows online....what? Then I would just DVR it!
What would you propose to remedy the situation?

ie. Besides browbeating the advertisers, direct government legislation, advertisers paying directly for the production of shows, generic networks becoming a premium cable channel, etc ...