Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Suits (USA) -- Season 5 Thread -- Premieres 6/24/15

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Suits (USA) -- Season 5 Thread

Wash, rinse, repeat. The storylines on this show are so repetitive. Oh noes, someone else knows The Secret! Let's fix it and let it go away, only to come back again.

Mike truly is deluded in that he feels justified in becoming a junior partner (might have been a good idea to actually graduate from law school first). What happens if there's another case that requires a background check? He and everyone other major player at PSL have built this house of cards that could collapse at any time and destroy all of them because of The Secret.
Old 08-17-15, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I really don't enjoy this much any more. It is very repetitive and has gotten away from what made Mike fairly interesting in the first place. Not much swagger from Harvey either, very little courtroom stuff (although apparently in NYC you can file a brief and get a motions hearing the next day, as well as 24 hour patents! It's like photo developing.)

A HLS graduating class has 500 students roughly. No one knows this guy, and there's no one at PSL in Mike's graduating class? Come on. I know we have to suspend reality but its just getting old at this point.
Old 08-18-15, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WhyTF do they keep tolerating Louis, like deep down he's really a good person. He needs to be put down and they need to stop trying to make like they are all family. He's a petty manipulative a--hole, who holds no loyalty to anyone by himself. I think you can only look past his character flaws for so long. This last stunt, to me, was the last straw.

I'm also getting sick of the repetitive aspect of this show concerning the "secret". I've never really liked the "secret" --- it's just too unrealistic. IF Mike ever did get found out, I believe that EVERY case he had anything to do with, would be called into question.

Other than that, the show is extremely well cast, and when Harvey is on fire, it's one of the best shows on TV.
Old 08-18-15, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts

Here's where I hope they end it with PSL going in the shitter and all involved get disbarred and go to prison. I have no love or sympathy for anyone in the firm anymore. There's no one to root for. If anything, Mike and Rachel should just move to California.
Old 09-02-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well the finale was as I predicted to my wife. The secret Hardman had was not on Jack but that Mike never went to law school. Jack is not the villain but sort of the hero. He liked Mike and didn't want to see him ruined. However, he still had issues with Jessica and Harvey and Louis so it was worth it to him to go against them. I hope next season is the last. This thing really ran out of steam.
Old 09-02-15, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally caught up. Was really surprised at the ending - I wonder if that means the coming half season is the last of the show.

I see absolutely zero way how they could realistically keep anyone from being disbarred and serving time (PSL and Mike); well I guess Mike can't be disbarred. That said I would be stunned if anyone actually ends up in jail.
Old 09-02-15, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Finally caught up. Was really surprised at the ending - I wonder if that means the coming half season is the last of the show.
It was renewed for a sixth season, so no.
Old 09-02-15, 11:55 PM

Short term memory failure - I see you mentioned that earlier in the thread.

So clearly there will be some sort of escape hatch ridiculousness in the next half season unless they stretch Mike's arrest out for a season and a half.

Or maybe they will bring on Sutter and have some prison scenes in the sixth season?
Old 01-27-16, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk God

5th season continues tonight.

6 episodes left.

When we last left off, Mike was arrested.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27

SUITS - "Blowback" - 10pm/9c *Mid-Season Premiere*

As we begin our mid-season premiere, Mike's (Patrick J. Adams) worst fears have come true. He's been arrested for fraud and is under investigation by a ruthless government prosecutor, Assistant US Attorney Anita Gibbs (guest star Leslie Hope). Meanwhile, Jessica (Gina Torres) and Harvey (Gabriel Macht) must figure out how to build a defense for Mike, knowing full well that he's guilty of the crime for which he stands accused. And Rachel (Meghan Markle) must come to terms with her family's reaction to the news that her fiancé is not the person he claimed to be - and that he could soon be in prison.

The series also stars Sarah Rafferty and Rick Hoffman.
Old 01-27-16, 03:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Ah, that's right. I shall be tuning in.
Old 01-28-16, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Good start. Sad that there's only 6 episodes left but I hope that means the whole Mike situation doesn't last too long. Has this been renewed for season 6 yet?
Old 01-28-16, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Noonan
Good start. Sad that there's only 6 episodes left but I hope that means the whole Mike situation doesn't last too long. Has this been renewed for season 6 yet?
Yes
Old 01-28-16, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Awesome.
Old 01-28-16, 06:56 PM

Well at least they got Harvey and Donna back together and apparently unwound the Harvey resignation. I thought the Lewis stuff with Donna was pretty good.

Getting a bit much on the eye roll side though - I'm not looking for extreme realism on this show but... Mike caught a photo of the Marshall walking to his cell from the interrogation? The DA just basically ignored the request for a lawyer? (which allowed Harvey to work on the case and Mike to get bail) And how hard is it going to be to prove he didn't go to Harvard? You'd think they might just look at where he was living in the time period in question? Or financial records (either his or the school's)?
Old 02-01-16, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Good return back. Leslie Hope was great as the hard ass lawyer out to get Mike and Harvey. I enjoyed seeing Rachel's Dad pissed off.

I agree that they could easily send an investigator to Harvard and talk to a few people including professors and prove he never went there. The records were faked and they could easily cross check that with Mike's residence and job he had at the time. They could check bank/tuition/student loan records too?

It's good that Harvey and Donna are finally back together.
Old 03-04-16, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Binged the last 5 episodes, including the finale.

Suits actually plays better binging than week to week. I get through the episodes easier.

Anyways great finale. Some very intense scenes. They blew up the entire show in that last hour. Mike went to prison and Jessica's firm was dessimated.

Curious if they will start next season with Mike in jail or do a 2 year time jump. Hope they do the time jump.

Glad they took a chance to revamp the show with this than stick with Fake lawyer Mike. He absolutely deserved to go to jail.
Old 03-04-16, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I enjoyed this season much more than previous ones. I think the whole reset aspect was much needed.

I will say I cannot imagine how Jessica and Louis consider Mike family. He cost them everything. They should probably feel the same way about Harvey too.

I agree with you DJ that the show will leap forward two years when it picks back up. They'll do some flashback but no one cares about Mike in prison.

I imagine that next season will be the last one though.
Old 03-04-16, 08:39 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is my take on the show. Hated this season. What I liked about the show was the witty banter, the fun antics making deals/court stuff and the interaction between characters. While I felt the acting and storytelling in this season was far better than the other seasons it was just way too serious and grimm.

I watched the show for the antics not the seriousness.

That being said they had to do something as this couldn't go on forever and certainly couldn't let Mike run off into the sunset all sweet and happy.

I do agree they will push out 2 years when they start back up and flashback to Mike's issues inside. Personally Rachel needs to get through law school become a lawyer and move on from Mike. Donna and Harvey need to cut the BS get it on and be a couple. Jessica needs to lose the I'm a bad bitch don't mess with me attitude and do some real work. Louis needs to grow a pair and stop being a dumb ass.

I may watch the first ep when it comes back otherwise I am done.
Old 03-04-16, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I stopped watching this sometime towards the end of season four, but apparently there will be no time jump.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...eason-6-871852
Old 03-04-16, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk God

That might be interesting seeing Mike actually working to get his law degree while in jail.

But I think story-wise, the show is heading towards it's end. There really isn't much more they can do beyond 1 more season IMO.

And yes, Donna and Harvey seriously need to bang and be a couple once and for all. No more Scottie or past sexual conquests coming back. The sexual tension/close friendship they've had has run it's course.
Old 03-04-16, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

I wasn't crazy about this season. I knew they'd have to deal with him getting caught at some point. I just didn't buy that prosecutor at all.
Old 03-06-16, 07:58 PM

Finally caught up. While I like that they finally dealt with Mike, this season for me was missing the character interaction and dialogue that made this show interesting in the early seasons (similar to what GCS mentioned above)

I applaud the writers for taking the story where it should have gone (someone in jail, frim potentially destroyed), but the show lacks it's character from the early seasons. I'm curious to see what they do next year but the show has taking on a much more serious and darker tone.

Originally Posted by DJariya
But I think story-wise, the show is heading towards it's end. There really isn't much more they can do beyond 1 more season IMO.
I don't see how this goes more than 1 season unless they somehow come up with some crazy storyline which gets Mike back into the firm.
Old 03-06-16, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
That might be interesting seeing Mike actually working to get his law degree while in jail.
Not a thing. And useless anyway, he'd never be licensed.