TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 17--Premieres 6/24/2015

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-15, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Big Brother 17--Premieres 6/24/2015

Spoiler:
Shelli evicted. Steve wins HOH and puts Meg and Jackie on the block. John wins POV and decides not to use it. Jackie is evicted.
Old 08-13-15, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

So, not exactly. First everyone but Julia knew Vanessa was getting nominated so it wasn't a blindside to anyone else. When Vanessa got nominated one of the first things she did was drop a piece of information to James, Meg, and Jackie that they initially blew off. A few weeks ago, Becky proposed an alliance to Clay, Shelli, and Vanessa call the Generals (like the commercial). The more James thought about it, he remembered Becky posed an alliance with the same name to a group with him in it earlier in the game.

Now before Clay left the house he let James have some shirts of his that didn't fit anymore and James was wearing one of these shirts last weekend. When Shelli saw the shirt she got pissed so on Monday she and Julia went and stole the shirt and hid it. James found out. It just, once again, reiterated to James that Shelli was absolutely after him and probably Meg or Jackie. The Goblins started talking about it and wondered why exactly it was good to keep someone who was gunning for them in the game right before a questions HOH comp (they all figured DE was coming).

So they had already sort of made up their mind to take out Shelli and save Vanessa. (Steve and Vanessa conversation on the show here) Then James talked to Vanessa. Vanessa's great strength in the game is an exact memory for conversations, and Becky's biggest weakness is that she never shuts up, and she doesn't really listen. Vanessa buried Becky to James. He and Meg are through with her (we'll see now that Jackie's left). She connected all the dots on Becky's sketchy game play, and opened their eyes to a burgeoning middle of the house alliance (Becky/Shelli/JMac/Steve). She didn't even have to lie.

Once Becky finally caught wind of it; she just made herself look worse and worse every time they talked to her. And Shelli had no game relationship left with the Goblins to exploit. They knew that she was gunning for them. Shelli got her game information from Vanessa and Clay and those wells ran dry.

JMac...he was at least on the block or possibly gone if anyone else had won HOH. He had a very, very sloppy week. He's not much of a player. Other than him winning, Steve winning was the only good case scenario for him. I think he didn't use the veto b/c Becky probably would have left.

Steve....I guess Freaks and Geeks are still alive. That little conversation with Vanessa earlier in the week almost buried him. In addition to Vanessa, Julia especially was pissed. He probably earned a little cache tonight though.

So how did the vote flip...Vanessa planted a seed. James and Meg talked about it. Shelli did something exceptionally stupid. James, Meg and Jackie really talked about it. James talked to Vanessa. Vanessa buried Becky. Becky buried herself. Shelli was not believable. JMac buried Shelli, Becky, and himself.
Old 08-13-15, 09:49 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

I would say the main thing imo was James was extremly scared of Shelli. Vanessa seed's were just lies he could tell himself to justify the flip.
Old 08-13-15, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, they kind of screwed over Becky, who probably would have left tonight if any of the other five had won veto. If they didn't want to take out Vanessa then they shouldn't have encouraged her. I have little sympathy for Becky though. She's not particularly likable.
Old 08-13-15, 11:24 PM

For two weeks straight, James/Meg/Jackie had the opportunity to evict Vanessa, yet chose not to do so.

BIG mistake.
Old 08-14-15, 12:18 AM

The new HOH is:
Spoiler:
Liz.
Old 08-14-15, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Just a heads up, my DVR has this scheduled to record at 11:38 tonight. I'm on the west coast (LA) but according to my channel guide, the Cowboys/Chargers game will be on during primetime. I had to set the recording myself (Uverse).
Yeah, they actually aired it on kcal 9 instead, which I almost completely missed, forcing me to watch it on the CBS app. This show in particular was a pain to watch with unskippable commercials, especially when they play the same windows 10 one over and over and over. Because of the nature of this episode the commercial breaks seemed longer than the show at times.
Old 08-15-15, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I randomly found out today that Shelli is the cousin of my best friend's wife. The family resemblance is definitely there if you know to look for it. I'd post a pic if forum rules allowed.
Old 08-17-15, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Scamper Squad" exists b/c DR told them to rename the alliance b/c they couldn't use Freaks and Geeks.
Old 08-17-15, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
"Scamper Squad" exists b/c DR told them to rename the alliance b/c they couldn't use Freaks and Geeks.
That's fantastic. And it was clear Austin didn't care at all what the name was.
Old 08-17-15, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I've enjoyed Vanessa as this season's logical player, but the past few weeks as she's been out of power, she's started to fall apart.

It seems the strongest alliance in the house at this point is the twins and Austin. Their saving grace is that there's consistently someone in the house that's more of a threat than all three of them together...but that won't last forever. To their advantage though, they've got three chances to win in every HoH and as long as they keep a couple more people on their side, at least one is pretty much guaranteed to make it to the end.
Old 08-17-15, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,890 Posts

If I'm ever on Big Brother, my alliance will be called the Fuckstains.

And I won't budge with Production on it.
Old 08-17-15, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
That's fantastic. And it was clear Austin didn't care at all what the name was.
Austin really doesn't like Steve. He hasn't treated him well most of the game. Actually after they formed F&G, Steve encouraged Austin to keep treating him poorly to hide the alliance.

Steve has basically ended up with the alliances that he has almost solely based on who would actually treat him like a real person. Things have gotten better, but for much of the first month that was pretty much Vanessa, JMac, and Julia, which made it really strange b/c the twins were still switching out and Liz pretty much ignored him.

I think Vanessa started F&G (it's about a day newer than Sixth Sense) as a disposable alliance in case Steve actually won something. It still exists in that they are all still in the house, but it's still disposable.
Old 08-21-15, 08:34 PM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Vanessa: "becky I think youre a great human and WONDERFUL person on a human level....however we are just completely opposed in this game. you tried to get me out last week so i cant say im sorry to see you go :/"

*crowd moans, gasps, boos, and hisses*

Ladies and gentleman that is the "Villian" of the season. I think it's safe to say that this might be the nicest cast in BB history.
Old 08-21-15, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

The toughest houseguest is the garbage bag. Easily stronger than Liz...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/THrtcsHG-KU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-22-15, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So can we have a spinoff of Shelli, Jackie, and Becky having lingerie-clad pillow fights in the jury house?
Old 08-22-15, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mnementh
So can we have a spinoff of Shelli, Jackie, and Becky having naked pillow fights in the jury house?
Fixed.
Old 08-22-15, 02:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

no, i second the lingerie version
Old 08-22-15, 02:29 PM

Liz and/or Julia, will you marry me?
Old 08-22-15, 05:21 PM

Austin actually thinks he's going to get a big product endorsement deal after the finale.

KFC: It's Finger Sniffing Good!
Old 08-23-15, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Caught up on the broadcast show earlier today. In case show only viewers are curious
Spoiler:
Austin
won HOH.
Old 08-23-15, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Austin actually thinks he's going to get a big product endorsement deal after the finale.

KFC: It's Finger Sniffing Good!
Vagisil
Germ-X hand sanitizer
Old 08-23-15, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Austin is such a giant tool.

Vanessa collected his balls a few weeks ago when he almost got put up after veto, and he still hasn't gotten them back yet.

For a week and a half, I have questioned what the "new" information was in the eliminate Austin plan. Liz knew James was throwing that BotB during the comp. Austin knew he was the target from Vanessa that weekend, and she ultimately saved him after she collected his balls. And Julia knew Austin was the target and that her sister was going up with a pawn before she left the house that Friday. She and Vanessa worked out when and what exactly to tell Liz before she left. And if Julia not Liz had been in the house that weekend Austin would have left that Thursday.
Old 08-23-15, 11:26 PM

So basically Vanessa either gets her way or cries and plays the victim card. And she plays the "you lied to me" card but then when she's caught in a lie she just cries and says she had no choice or chalks it up to gameplay?

Austin is a complete idiot. He somehow feels loyal to someone who tried to dump him and then Vanessa "saved" him from... Vanessa?

I had high hopes for this season, especially once James and Becky won back to back when they could have totally shaken up the game. Instead they completely messed it up taking both Shelley and Clay out. Taking one out made sense, taking both out was not worth it. Becky tried to do the right thing but did a shitty job getting the votes aganst Vanessa line up.

Last edited by wirefan; 08-23-15 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-24-15, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, Austin's ham-handed conversation with Jason fully exposed Julia and left the impression that he wanted her targeted before jury so it's not like Vanessa didn't have a reason to turn on Austin. Her game to this point might have been easier if she had. She plays so hard all the time though. It's hard to imagine her winning. She'll have one implosion too many at some point.

As for why Austin might feel loyal to her. She was his first alliance when she gave him protection the first week. Because of her giving him immunity he wasn't available for James to target so they went after Jace instead. Hiccups aside they've been working together ever since.

Right or wrong, James viewed Shelli as a more immediate threat to his own game, and he controlled the second vote out. And, frankly, he isn't wrong on the second one. If Shelli had won any of the three HOH competitions since she left James would have been on the block, and thus far he has completely avoided the block. Shelli's leaving is entirely her own fault for not making James and Meg feel like they could trust her in the short term. Vanessa didn't make that mistake, just like she made sure Clay left the first week. If Clay hadn't left, he'd probably still be in the game, and Vanessa would probably be gone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.