Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hawaii Five-O (S5E24/25) -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Luapo'i/A Make Kaua" -- 5/8/15

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hawaii Five-O (S5E24/25) -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Luapo'i/A Make Kaua" -- 5/8/15

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

WHILE FIVE-0 WORKS THE CASE OF A MURDERED BOUNTY HUNTER, DANNY'S EX-WIFE REVEALS A SHOCKING SECRET THAT WILL CHANGE HIS LIFE, ON "HAWAII FIVE-0," FRIDAY, MAY 8

"Luapo'i" - While Five-0 works the case of a murdered bounty hunter who apprehended a dangerous killer, Danny's ex-wife reveals a shocking secret to him that will change his life forever, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, May 8 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*"Luapo'i" is Hawaiian for "Prey")
REGULAR CAST:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
RECURRING CAST:

Claire van der Boom (Rachel Edwards)
Lili Simmons (Melissa Armstrong)
Duane "Dog" Chapman (Himself)
GUEST CAST:

Zach Sulzbach (Charlie Edwards)
Matt Lasky (Greg Farmer)
Catharine Bach (Amy Harlan)
Brad William Henke (Richie Malloy)
Robert Curtis Brown (Malcolm Leddy)
Michael Rodrick (Andrew Pelham)
Alex Suh (Japanese Man)
Alexis DeLarosa (HPD Officer Derek Nuss)
Frankie Wagner (Jennifer Leddy)

WRITTEN BY: Eric Guggenheim

DIRECTED BY: Maja Vrvilo

ON THE EVE OF KONO'S WEDDING, FIVE-0 LEARNS THAT A STOLEN NUCLEAR BOMB IS SOMEWHERE ON THE ISLAND ABOUT TO BE DETONATED, ON THE FIFTH SEASON FINALE OF "HAWAII FIVE-0," AT A SPECIAL TIME, FRIDAY, MAY 8

"A Make Kaua" - On the eve of Kono's wedding to Adam, Five-0 learns that a stolen nuclear bomb is somewhere on the island and about to be detonated. Also, McGarrett is stunned when Catharine returns to Hawaii, while Chin confronts Adam about his lingering connections to the Yakuza, on the fifth season finale of HAWAII FIVE-0, at a special time, Friday, May 8 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*"A Make Kaua" is Hawaiian for "Until We Die")
REGULAR CAST:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny "Danno" Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Chi McBride (Lou Grover)
Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)
RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Christopher Sean (Gabriel Waincroft)
Michelle Hurd (Renee Grover)
Shawn Mokuahi Garnett (Flippa)
GUEST CAST:

Jeffrey Nordling (Josh Bennett)
Ken Narasaki (Ke'ano Kalakaua)
Tia Carrere (Makana Kalakaua)
Sammy Sheik (Kahilil)
Ken Davitian (Omar Sadek)
Steve Shropshire (Husband)
Candes Gentry (Wife)
Lee Marquez (HFD Tech)
Matthew Webb (Emile/Trolly Driver)
Catherine Haena Kim (Nani Kalakaua)

Story by: Peter M. Lenkov

Teleplay by: Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt

DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Episodes 24 and 25 of 25

No News yet if this will return for a 6th season
Old 05-10-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Hawaii Five-O (S5E24/25) -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Luapo'i/A Make Kaua" -- 5/8/

Hour 1 was just another case of the week.

Thought hour 2 was decent after a few crappy episodes. Although last week's episode was Kono being lost at sea wasn't too bad.

and for a nuke that could potentially wipe out all of Honolulu, that thing looked pretty small.

Good to see Catherine back. Michelle Borth looked amazing Beautiful long hair and she looked really hot in that blue dress.

at the Danny subplot with his newly revealed Son having some kind disease that required his bone marrow.

and what the heck was the point of bringing Tia Carrere to the finale to just sing the wedding song? that was a waste.

and the producers must be pretty confidant they will get a 6th season ending it on a cliffhanger, especially with the wedding not going to completion.
Old 05-10-15, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Hawaii Five-O (S5E24/25) -- 2 Hour Season Finale -- "Luapo'i/A Make Kaua" -- 5/8/

I find it hard to believe agencies would still be using 50 year old civil defense issue geiger counters

was this the first mention of danny having a son or did I miss something in a previous episode?

edit: looks like I saw the wedding episode before the other episode from friday

Last edited by mikehunt; 05-10-15 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-10-15, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I find it hard to believe agencies would still be using 50 year old civil defense issue geiger counters

was this the first mention of danny having a son or did I miss something in a previous episode?

edit: looks like I saw the wedding episode before the other episode from friday
Danny's ex mentioned in a previous episode that she was pregnant and it was his. But she retracted and said it wasn't and then moved back with her husband. This episode she clarified that she lied and the kid was his indeed.

Did anyone recognize Catherine Bach aka Daisy Duke as the wedding planner? She looked pretty good.

Thought it was nonsense casting someone 10 years younger than Grace Park and putting on old makeup on her. It looked pretty bad. But her real self on the other hand I actually recognized her from Mistresses on ABC.
Old 05-11-15, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

The make up to age Kono's mom looked horrible in this episode and the one where Kono got lost at sea. Not sure why they bothered to bring in Daisy Duke and Tia Carrera. Tia looks like she's aging naturally, but Catherine Bach looks like she's had work done. Her face barely moved when she spoke, so maybe it was just a lot of Botox. Glad to see Michelle Borth back. Hope she's back permanently for Season 6. I expected Adam to die before the wedding, but I guess we can assume it took place after Chin's encounter with Gabriel.
Old 05-11-15, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Renewed for a 6th season today.

Show can be stupid, but it's good Friday escapism fun.
Old 05-11-15, 02:53 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Too bad we're not getting this on blu anymore. I've enjoyed collecting them.
Old 05-11-15, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

yeah, that fake spray paint gray hair looks horrible
Old 05-13-15, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

That nuke explosion was so anti-climactic. 24 did it better.

Nuke goes off! Ok, let's get married.

Last edited by MLBFan24; 05-14-15 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-14-15, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
That nuke explosion was so anti-climactic it. 24 did it better.

Probably should hold off on having kids, though...
Old 05-19-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

In case anyone was wondering about Catherine's status for next season

http://tvline.com/2015/05/19/greys-a...lie-new-loves/

Question: I’m thrilled to see Michelle Borth back on Hawaii Five-0. Please tell me that she is staying. —Sandra

Ausiello: Borth is staying on as Catherine… at least for a little while, in part because next season will open with the “first dance” at Kono and Adam’s wedding. “We’ll miss the actual vows, but we’ll come in on them being introduced as husband and wife,” showrunner Peter M. Lenkov tells TVLine. As for Borth’s status, “We haven’t finalized how long she’ll stay, but she’ll definitely be in some episodes at the beginning of the season,” he shares. “We haven’t figured out exactly where to go, but we’re working on it.”

Sounds like she will be at least a recurring guest star. Which is good.
Old 06-10-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
That nuke explosion was so anti-climactic. 24 did it better.

The whole episode seemed very forced to me.

The moment a nuke entered the picture, I find it hard to believe that Five-O--the team that doesn't do much more than handle basic murders anymore--is left ALONE to take care of it. You'd think military, FBI and CIA would all be on it. In fact, they're so out of the picture that Steve and Danny are left to throw the nuke on a shrimp salesman's helicopter to save the day.

And--seriously--there were 24 minutes before the nuke went off and they made it out 50 miles on that thing?

And then they return, all shrug and go to a wedding. I love this show.

Did like seeing Catherine back. I thought she left to have a baby and wasn't going to return permanently...but looks like that may change based on that quote above.