Arrow (S3E20) -- "The Fallen" -- 4/22/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-22-15, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

ARROW

"The Fallen" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

BACK TO NANDA PARBAT - Ra's al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) finally makes Oliver (Stephen Amell) an offer he can't refuse. The team joins Oliver on his journey to Nanda Parbat where a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Oscar Balderrama (#320). Original airdate 4/22/2015.

Episode 20 of 23
Old 04-22-15, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Arrow (S3E20) -- "The Fallen" -- 4/22/15

No more Olicity stuff please
Old 04-22-15, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always suspected Thea wanted to jump Ollie's bones. I don't get the whole resistance thing. He shoulda joined them, gave orders that they would operate from Starling City and instituted a strict Maiming Only policy if he isn't down with killing any more.
Old 04-22-15, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by anomynous
No more Olicity stuff please
pretty sure they needed to distance Felicity from Ray because he will be on the new show.
Old 04-22-15, 10:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by danfindlay
I always suspected Thea wanted to jump Ollie's bones. I don't get the whole resistance thing. He shoulda joined them, gave orders that they would operate from Starling City and instituted a strict Maiming Only policy if he isn't down with killing any more.
League of Sometimes Maimers ?
Old 04-22-15, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It was cool to see the Lazarus Pitt. Otherwise the whole Oiliver/Ras Al Ghul storyline just does nothing for me. This show is looking even worse especially when compared to The Flash.
Old 04-22-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by danfindlay
That's what I don't get. It's not like he couldn't just make Starling City the safest place based with League soldiers.

Either way, this whole arc is just booooorrrrring.
Old 04-22-15, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Felicity and Oliver, nope not feeling it. Oliver was feeling something though. I seen where that hand was.

Thea tries to rape Oliver, it is getting Game of Thrones in here.

I thought the kid died but how?

Editing was kind of bad. The transition between scenes was a little jarring. For example one moment Digs is checking out his new room and the next he is playing in the temple of doom.

I liked the episode for the most part. Would have been funny if Thea called Digs Walter.
Old 04-22-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

This was a good episode but I felt they didn't treat the Lazarus Pit with enough respect as a storyline. It's one of the coolest things associated with Ra's al Ghul and they didn't do the concept justice at all. I have the feeling these writers saw Batman Begins as their research on Ra's al Ghul and never bothered to read the background on the Lazarus Pit. I guess they were squeamish on the whole idea of resurrection and coming back mad. Thea went wonky for 30 seconds and that was it. The production design also let them down, I was expecting bubbling waters in a rocky crevice coming out of the Earth. I did like Thea's ceremonial dress, that felt appropriately comic booky.

I like Oliver and Felicity getting together, it was long past due and one of the big things hanging over this season. This show doesn't need to pair them up for its remaining run but their feelings were the elephant in the room this entire season. There is still plenty of time left for Laurel and Oliver to get back together for the classic pairing.
Old 04-23-15, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

The whole thing is just too dark and quite frankly too boring. Does anyone actually like anyone on this show? That used to be Ms. Smoak but when she is not on Flash she is one serious debbie downer. The show has gotten so far astray of its vision I am not sure it can recover. Seems like they are so far down the rabbit hole that any resolution to the current situation will seem forced and dumb. Maybe Flash just resets everything to the beginning of the season, and none of this season actually happened.
Old 04-23-15, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

This almost felt like a season finale in a way with Ollie giving up everything to join the League.

Personally I was happy that Ollie and Felicity finally got together. It was way overdue. Now the question remains if it can transition back to the real world. Or if the writers will find another way to keep them apart when Ollie manages to get back.

Yes this season long arc has been really dark and serious. But, Arrow has always been a darker themed serial drama. I don't get why a show that is a taking a more darker and more mature tone in the third season, especially on a network not known for this type of content is making some of you roll your eyes. Not every episode of Arrow is a home run, but I think it's the natural evolution of this show.
Old 04-23-15, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Saw this elsewhere and it really did bug me;

Oliver, you can't save Thea using the pit because it makes them go crazy...

...until they sleep it off. Then they are fine.
Old 04-23-15, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
...until they sleep it off. Then they are fine.
To be fair, there may be longer-term side effects that haven't been revealed yet. I would reserve judgment for a while.
Old 04-23-15, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
This almost felt like a season finale in a way with Ollie giving up everything to join the League.

Personally I was happy that Ollie and Felicity finally got together. It was way overdue. Now the question remains if it can transition back to the real world. Or if the writers will find another way to keep them apart when Ollie manages to get back.

Yes this season long arc has been really dark and serious. But, Arrow has always been a darker themed serial drama. I don't get why a show that is a taking a more darker and more mature tone in the third season, especially on a network not known for this type of content is making some of you roll your eyes. Not every episode of Arrow is a home run, but I think it's the natural evolution of this show.
That it's dark is not the problem. The problem is that it's boring and poorly written. Season 2 was all kinds of dark and yet it was tense and thrilling. Even the flashbacks had your attention. This season has just been a boring, meandering mess.
Old 04-23-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That it's dark is not the problem. The problem is that it's boring and poorly written. Season 2 was all kinds of dark and yet it was tense and thrilling. Even the flashbacks had your attention. This season has just been a boring, meandering mess.
This. It feels like this season has really had no direction and it's just making it hard to watch. I'm fine with things being dark if done well but this season just seemed to pack in too much stuff none of which really fit the story well. Honestly this would have been a great fourteen episode season but at 23 it just feels overly long.
Old 04-23-15, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So over the next 3 episodes we're going to see the Arrow in SC going about business as usual but also as the Ras Al Ghul in waiting. Maybe doing some work for them on the side. I don't know how they recover the storyline but then I never read the Arrow comics.
Old 04-23-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They've never mentioned Talia on Arrow, have they? I guess she is strictly confined to Batman's licensing.

I will have more thoughts on the entire season once it's done but they had some tough challenges this season. They had to waste the better part of the first half credibly turning Laurel into Black Canary, which most of Arrow's fanbase did not want. Then they introduce Ra's al Ghul, one of DC's coolest villains, but it was always clear to me this was a very derivative take on the character from Batman Begins. Instead of using Ra's al Ghul better we got too much of his disposable minions, including Oliver's old friend from Hong Kong.

That's fine but I think they only reticently introduced concepts like the Lazarus Pits. Things seem to have changed for the better when the Flash's rating success gave them the leeway to break out of their grounded-in-reality approach to superheroes.
Old 04-23-15, 04:33 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Felicity and Oliver have zero chemistry. She had way more with Ray.
Old 04-23-15, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

WTF? This is one of the most depressing shows on TV.

First Oliver brings back Thea from the dead, then he gets it on with Felicity. Next thing you know he'll be fighting Darkseid the giant magic cloud monster.
Old 04-23-15, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
Felicity and Oliver have zero chemistry. She had way more with Ray.
I know someone that focuses WAY too much on each shows relationships. Personally I do not care either way, do or don`t.

Oliver appears too blocked to really do any type of relationship.
Old 04-25-15, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts

I hate to say it, but this show is becoming such a chore to watch. It's even more troubling when compared to Flash.

I have no particular interest or disinterest in Oliver/Felicity, but them getting together in this situation was just absurd. Not to mention, "Thanks for your jet Ray, I'm going to go shag Oliver." Super bitch move.

A perfect opportunity to remove Thea from the show, but instead they do something to keep her around and turn it all silly.

When was the last time there was daylight on this show? Season 1 was good because there was a balance of Arrow life and Oliver life. Now it's all the same and at night, which takes some key dynamics away from the show.

Please of please let Flash reset time and erase season 3 of Arrow. Not only would it help the plot, but it would be revolutionary in TV.
Old 04-25-15, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Ray was supposed to be the goofy element of season three but that never really worked out that well.
Old 04-25-15, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So how long before they go to Sarah's grave and find it dug up? You know they'll bring her back by dunking her in the pit if she is in the new show.
Old 04-25-15, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
So how long before they go to Sarah's grave and find it dug up? You know they'll bring her back by dunking her in the pit if she is in the new show.
I heard she might not be Sarah in the new show.
Old 04-25-15, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

I've never been as enamored with the show as some have, but I agree these have been a chore. I have completely lost the plot in the flashbacks. I have no idea what is going on there.

I actually like the Felicity and Oliver have been paired up, simply because on any other show she'd just be the sidekick. I'm sure he'll eventually end up with Laurel, which is obvious and will be terrible because she's the worst character on television, but I'll take it while I can get it.

I'm also curious how they'll get around Oliver taking over the League and then just saying "OK everyone, League's over. Go home."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.