Gotham (S1E20) -- "Under the Knife" -- 4/20/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-20-15, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,549 Likes on 2,542 Posts

THE HUNT FOR THE OGRE CONTINUES ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, APRIL 20, ON FOX

Gordon and Bullock continue to investigate the Ogre (guest star Milo Ventimiglia), who begins to make his move on someone close to Gordon. Meanwhile, Bruce and Selina team up to expose a corrupt Wayne Enterprises employee and Nygma comes to Kristin Kringle's defense in the all new "Under the Knife" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, April 20 (8:00-9:00 ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-120) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Milo Ventimiglia as Jason Lennon, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, David Zayas as Don Maroni, Chelsea Spack as Kristin Kringle, Carol Kane as Gertrud Kapelput, Clark Carmichael as Connor, Laurence Mason as Det. Ben Mueller, Zachary Spicer as Tom Dougherty, Michael McCormick as Doctor Darren Cushman, Daniel Davis as Jacob Skolimski, Michael Potts as Sid Bunderslaw

Episode 20 of 22
Old 04-20-15, 09:34 PM

Received 772 Likes on 504 Posts
Re: Gotham (S1E20) -- "Under the Knife" -- 4/20/15

Madge makes an appearance on Penguin's stage. Cool.

Maroni better watch out.

No Fish? Who cares!

Last edited by Goldberg74; 04-20-15 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-20-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of good killin' in this one!

And I know a lot of people aren't high on Barbara, but damn! She looked good in whatever the hell she was wearing in her apartment.
Old 04-20-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Last week I saw Kacey Musgraves in concert. I thought that I was physically impossible to have a short skirt than she did. Barbara, however, has certainly tried.
Old 04-21-15, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Its a Christmas miracle, Barbara was on the tv and I didn't want to throw things at it. She was looking mighty hot in that little dress. I think she will team up with Ogre.

The baby plot was kind of weak but it was still interesting. The lines Bruce and Selina were drawing but yet still working together were cool.

Nygma's little murder for the girl he loves was predictable. I doubt we will see him go full riddler. I think he might end up killing the girl sooner or later.

Penguin getting pushed seemed a little forced but that is the cartoon part of Gotham. Gives the people a reason to cheer him on. He kills the messenger but who cares it is Penguin gold.

No Fish, god I hated her storyline. She was my favorite character. I hope they can take her out on a high note. I wish they just had her leave and left all the island BS on the cutting room floor.

Good episode, I didn't have high hopes for this since i thought the previous was boring as hell.
Old 04-21-15, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I liked this one a lot too. The odd part is that the continuation of the serial killer plot was the weakest part of the episode. The Barbara stuff makes sense since they've been hinting at it for a while.

I liked the Bruce and Selina paring.
Old 04-22-15, 07:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I like that Barbara is going batsh!t crazy. Instead of just a crackhead who thinks she's on Melrose Place. I suspect her and the Ogre will have found their true love together right before Gordon busts in the door and kills him.