Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Old 04-07-15, 03:42 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 70,795
Received 1,972 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15




Episode 12 / Production #612 - "Collateral" (Airs April 7, 10:00 pm e/p) - Raylan and Boyd's paths cross as they search for Ava in the mountains. Markham recruits an unlikely ally to his cause. Written by Chris Provenzano & VJ Boyd; directed by Michael Pressman.

Episode 12 of 13


Next week is the series finale
Old 04-07-15, 09:55 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
cdoug57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Macon, Ga.
Posts: 1,014
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

"Your teeth glow in the dark." - Raylan Givens.
Old 04-07-15, 10:03 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East of Ypsi
Posts: 8,901
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Holy shit. Great episode.

"I don't suppose you'd believe me if I say no."
Old 04-07-15, 10:44 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Osiris3657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,294
Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Predictions for the finale: Boone, Markum, Boyd all die. I know, all the bad guys left, not very shocking. Maybe they'll knock out Tim or Art to even it up a bit, but I'd be genuinely surprised if Raylan dies.
Old 04-08-15, 12:17 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Kansas
Posts: 501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

I will riot in my street if Raylan dies at the end. Just me, in front of my street, carrying a sign that reads, "He should've left Harlan alive."
Old 04-08-15, 01:24 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 43,020
Received 312 Likes on 220 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

I'll be pissed if Raylan ends up in jail much less dead. Though he does seem like he's in hot water with the Feds - why did Vasquez so thoroughly lose his shit this season? He's been mostly reasonable in the other seasons.
Old 04-08-15, 02:23 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,046
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Good to see one last appearance for Constable Bob (and the Gremlin). I was certain he was dead the second he ran into Ava, but it's nice to see him make it (I'm assuming he pulls through)

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Predictions for the finale: Boone, Markum, Boyd all die. I know, all the bad guys left, not very shocking. Maybe they'll knock out Tim or Art to even it up a bit, but I'd be genuinely surprised if Raylan dies.
Markum might make it (but probably dies), but yeah Boone and Boyd are certain goners. I think Ava's a goner too, or goes back to jail. Still on the fence with Raylan. And I guess Loretta becomes the heir apparent, which would be kind of fitting.

And the only certainty... Wynn Duffy lives. Who I guess starts a dog grooming business. Should be interesting to see how that comes in next week - I really hope they are setting it up for him to somehow swoop in and nab the money, while everyone's killing everyone - that would put the cherry on top for me.
Old 04-08-15, 06:58 AM
  #8  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 39,695
Likes: 0
Received 2,922 Likes on 2,000 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Not a bad episode... but for some reason this really doesn't feels like its leading towards a series finale to me.
Old 04-08-15, 07:51 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: All the Way to Reno
Posts: 4,662
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

I don't really get why they're wasting time hunting Raylan with all that's going on. Seems contrived & reminds me of all those "Take Jack into custody" times on 24 that felt lame when he was saving the country. Ava seems to be in big trouble, though I could see Boyd dying saving her. Seems like they're going out of their way to make Boyd the coldblooded killer.
Old 04-08-15, 08:21 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cobra Island
Posts: 16,521
Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

"I'm an outlaw" BAM. Great moment for Boyd. As long as Wynn starts pet grooming I'm OK with whatever happens. I expect everyone else to die.
Old 04-08-15, 09:10 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 10,044
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Well Boyd is definitely gonna go. They've cemented that by this whole super heel outlaw turn he's done the last two episodes. Same thing with Boone and Markum.

And I still don't think Raylan makes it out alive...that just wouldn't make sense. Him and Boyd taking each other out and not leaving Harlan really would be for the best imho.
Old 04-08-15, 09:34 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 454
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by wirefan View Post

And the only certainty... Wynn Duffy lives. Who I guess starts a dog grooming business. Should be interesting to see how that comes in next week - I really hope they are setting it up for him to somehow swoop in and nab the money, while everyone's killing everyone - that would put the cherry on top for me.
I have a feeling Duffy's story is over. I don't think he'll be in the finale next week. I could be wrong, but I felt the scene last night was his last.
Old 04-08-15, 09:54 AM
  #13  
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,383
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by ericmylad View Post
I have a feeling Duffy's story is over. I don't think he'll be in the finale next week. I could be wrong, but I felt the scene last night was his last.
when he left the bench, the last thing he asked for was a topographical map of harlan county. he intends to go up in them hills to join the money-finding party.

and one thing that bugs me -- i love sam elliott but i think he was a complete waste this season. i realized last night during the loretta scene that i didn't give two shits about any of his plot (anything with katherine, with buying up land, with feuding with loretta). only thing interesting were his conversations with raylan. i just felt like i was rolling my eyes during the whole scene with loretta.

Last edited by HN; 04-08-15 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-08-15, 09:56 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 43,020
Received 312 Likes on 220 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by ericmylad View Post
I have a feeling Duffy's story is over. I don't think he'll be in the finale next week. I could be wrong, but I felt the scene last night was his last.
I would also think that, if he didn't mention the thing about needing the duffel bags.

Last edited by slop101; 04-08-15 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-08-15, 10:30 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Jobland
Posts: 4,289
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
why did Vasquez so thoroughly lose his shit this season? He's been mostly reasonable in the other seasons.
Biggest problem with this season. The #1 obstacle for the main character going into the finale seems very contrived.
Old 04-08-15, 02:30 PM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 94
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

maybe ava called duffy?
Old 04-08-15, 02:41 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 10,044
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by CitizenY View Post
maybe ava called duffy?
That's the impression I got.
Old 04-08-15, 03:37 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 78,810
Received 801 Likes on 564 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Poor Bob. Hope he pulls through.
Old 04-08-15, 04:32 PM
  #19  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 45,913
Received 522 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

i'm so fascinated by every aspect of this show...
Old 04-08-15, 07:05 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC-ish
Posts: 3,275
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Boyd shooting the hostage was the final straw to make sure people hate him now and don't see him as a romantic outlaw figure. I now think he will die. perhaps by ava's hand, "see I told you you would be the death of me, woman."

I find Loretta to be very queer, in her behavior. she is smart, has been visited by boon maybe three times, yet does not get any sort of real bodyguard, just some goofy dude who wants to get (back?) in her pants. she has publicly pissed off markum, aligned with Boyd, but has taken zero effort to protect herself? strange. I do think she takes markum out with apple pie somehow not in a glass. maybe laces his joint.

I don't think boon and raylan shoot it out, because that is too telegraphed. plus raylan is smart enough to know you should not play someone elses game/play against someones strengths, and you determine the direction. I still think Tim shoots him from afar. raylans says some variation of there are no rules in a gunfight except win/stay alive. (or perhaps more appropriately, Wynn, stay alive)

I am still pissing and moaning that SOA got documentary length episodes, and the final one of this is 60 mins?
Old 04-08-15, 07:42 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US
Posts: 9,631
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
I don't think boon and raylan shoot it out, because that is too telegraphed. plus raylan is smart enough to know you should not play someone elses game/play against someones strengths, and you determine the direction. I still think Tim shoots him from afar. raylans says some variation of there are no rules in a gunfight except win/stay alive. (or perhaps more appropriately, Wynn, stay alive)
I could go for that, basically like raylan saying you might be younger & quicker, but I'm smarter.
Old 04-08-15, 08:31 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Osiris3657's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,294
Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre View Post
Boyd shooting the hostage was the final straw to make sure people hate him now and don't see him as a romantic outlaw figure. I now think he will die. perhaps by ava's hand, "see I told you you would be the death of me, woman."

I find Loretta to be very queer, in her behavior. she is smart, has been visited by boon maybe three times, yet does not get any sort of real bodyguard, just some goofy dude who wants to get (back?) in her pants. she has publicly pissed off markum, aligned with Boyd, but has taken zero effort to protect herself? strange. I do think she takes markum out with apple pie somehow not in a glass. maybe laces his joint.

I don't think boon and raylan shoot it out, because that is too telegraphed. plus raylan is smart enough to know you should not play someone elses game/play against someones strengths, and you determine the direction. I still think Tim shoots him from afar. raylans says some variation of there are no rules in a gunfight except win/stay alive. (or perhaps more appropriately, Wynn, stay alive)

I am still pissing and moaning that SOA got documentary length episodes, and the final one of this is 60 mins?
What is this, the 1950's? Just use strange, weird, odd like the rest of us. Do you tell people you're feeling gay when you're happy?

Also, it appears you missed the preview of the finale, because
Spoiler:
Boone and Raylan are shown in a standoff.

Last edited by dex14; 04-09-15 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-08-15, 11:13 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,046
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Spoiler:
Also, it appears you missed the preview of the finale, because Boone and Raylan are shown in a standoff
You really should spoil previews. Some don't watch them. But thanks for that.

Last edited by wirefan; 04-08-15 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-09-15, 10:49 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,158
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

No kidding. I could have done without a spoiler.
Old 04-10-15, 06:28 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 17,801
Received 294 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: Justified (S6E12) -- "Collateral" -- 4/7/15

Poor Shea Whigham... he was killed in two shows this season, both times going out like a hero. Might be the new Sean Bean.

Spoiler:
... we was the driver that Boyd capped in the truck and Chief Roger Dooley in Agent Carter (who was wearing the heat vest).

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.