Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Last Man on Earth (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - S: Forte, E.P.: Miller & Lord

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Last Man on Earth (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - S: Forte, E.P.: Miller & Lord

Originally Posted by slop101
This show's really losing me. I wanted more funny shenanigans about the last few people on Earth. What we have instead is a show about an annoyingly awkward jealous guy. So lame.
I feel exactly the same way. I actually fast forwarded through most of the second episode.

I'm also getting hella tired of how "great" Todd is.
Old 03-30-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Last Man on Earth (FOX) - Season 1 Thread - S: Forte, E.P.: Miller & Lord

Phil being a dick to everyone is getting old. I didn't mind it for a couple episodes, but it's quickly losing what little appeal it had.

I still get a laugh out of the silly scenes at the bar with Phil's "friends".
Old 03-30-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Still loving this.

"Friggin' Todd."
Old 03-30-15, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Phil is a likable dick. He could have left Todd in the middle of nowhere and no one would have been the wiser.
Old 03-30-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

I love how Todd knows how to do everything.
Old 03-30-15, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Oh I think they would absolutely know it was Phil who did it.
Old 03-30-15, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
I love how Todd knows how to do everything.
Yeah, he's been a great addition. He has great comedic timing in his sincerity and likeability.
Old 03-31-15, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show's really losing me. I wanted more funny shenanigans about the last few people on Earth. What we have instead is a show about an annoyingly awkward jealous guy. So lame.

Ive felt the same way since January Jones showed up. But the episodes this week were pretty funny.
Old 04-01-15, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I agree. I am close to dropping it unless it gets better soon. The premise was great and I loved the first episode but it is going downhill fast.
Old 04-01-15, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Yeah, I agree. I am close to dropping it unless it gets better soon. The premise was great and I loved the first episode but it is going downhill fast.
I'm in agreement with you here. At the end of some episodes Phil seems to see the error of his ways, and then the next episode he's a jealous dick again.

Buying into the premise, I can see how someone who's been by himself for 2 years thinking he's the only person left on Earth may be socially inept when meeting other people, but still, we get it. Move it along.

I'm also annoyed that no one talks about what the hell happened. Has anyone even alluded to what wiped most everyone out?
Old 04-01-15, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I think the premise is fine for a 10 episode season but they need to move on from his jealousy next season. I do enjoy seeing how his plans backfire on him.
Old 04-01-15, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Yeah, he's been a great addition. He has great comedic timing in his sincerity and likeability.
It's wearing very thin on me how great Todd is at everything.
Old 04-02-15, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I'll finish out the season, but doubt I'll bother sticking around for next season.
Old 04-06-15, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Whatever happens to the series it looks like Forte got January Jones in real life

Old 04-08-15, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Renewed for season 2 by FOX.
Old 04-08-15, 12:48 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Whatever happens to the series it looks like Forte got January Jones in real life

That's weird considering she used to bone Sudeikis.

Originally Posted by windom
Renewed for season 2 by FOX.
Here's the link: http://tvline.com/2015/04/08/last-ma...son-2-renewal/

I guess it will be a little bit before MacGruber 2.
Old 04-08-15, 12:54 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm still a week behind, but this show is comedy gold for me. Loved Phil's grandiose scheming in order to justify to his wife why he needs to sleep with the new girl.

Also, got out a kick out of his favorite moment from The Shawshank Redemption being when "the shawshank was redeemed."
Old 04-12-15, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

...two more people? Seriously? This show still has its moments, but I'd have loved to see a version of it where we didn't get another person at all until the end of the first season. I really think they could've milked the comedy of a guy whose entirely alone after the end of the world for a lot more than they did.

Phil lying to his group about the other people is definitely the lowest the character has sunk at this point
Old 04-13-15, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Fast forward through it now. Phil is just a terrible person and he's hard to watch. What he did this week was just evil on so many levels.

D
Old 04-13-15, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I totally would have done the same thing though... this guy can't catch any breaks, lol
Old 04-13-15, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Dog Bridge by Monet and Carol"

I would have taken off and left them all behind.

I dont know where I would live, though. Some mansion in San Diego maybe. Or the castle in Disney World.
Old 04-13-15, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
I dont know where I would live, though. Some mansion in San Diego maybe. Or the castle in Disney World.
If this had been an ABC show, they would have probably found a way to make that happen.
Old 04-13-15, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
"Dog Bridge by Monet and Carol"

I would have taken off and left them all behind.

I had the same thought, but the problem is that he knows he will go bonkers by himself.
Old 04-13-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I caught up to episodes 7 and 8 last night. When Phil commented on Todd's "sculpture" I was cracking up... "Oh yeah, that's frickin awesome Todd!!". Still loving this show although I am surprised it's coming back for S2. I figured we were getting two episodes per week because Fox was burning them off.
Old 04-13-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
I caught up to episodes 7 and 8 last night. When Phil commented on Todd's "sculpture" I was cracking up... "Oh yeah, that's frickin awesome Todd!!". Still loving this show although I am surprised it's coming back for S2. I figured we were getting two episodes per week because Fox was burning them off.
Sunday prime time doesn't seem like the timeslot to burn something off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.